cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ching ching is missing from Phone

Ok I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. I use to hear alerts on my cell phone when an item sold. Now I receive nothing. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

I know that some are thinking its because there are no sells on ebay but that not it for me I'm selling a few items to know that its not working.  

I hope that I can start receiving them again.

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

What kind of phone is it Sonya....?

Message 2 of 94
latest reply

Its a T- Mobile Samsung phone. I use to get the alerts all the time on this phone and I just stooped getting them.

Message 3 of 94
latest reply

Sorry Sonya...I really only could help you with the iPhone or Android...

Try to see if your notifications are reset

Message 4 of 94
latest reply

Yep, check your notifications, and also try signing out and signing back in to the eBay app itself.  Honestly, it sounds like you are signed out of the app, I think I'd try that first if I were you.

Message 5 of 94
latest reply

I know its a Android phone. Where do I look to see if my notification has been reset? 

Message 6 of 94
latest reply

General Settings>notifications>eBay>enable all

Message 7 of 94
latest reply

Ahhh...you must not have a 16 year old in your house.  My son fixes my phone for me. 

I have had my "Cha-ching" just disappear too. Several times actually.   My son turns the volume on my phone all the way down and then all the way up again and that fixes it.  Crazy, but that's what he does.

Message 8 of 94
latest reply

A few times I had the noises/notifications go away.  I deleted and re-dl'd the app  and it fixed the issue.  The most recent time actually required upgrading my iPhone software to the most current version.  I hadn't done it in about a year.

- Suzanne -
Message 9 of 94
latest reply

I didn't know what you were talking about---I just had a regular old phone.  Well, I got a new smart phone yesterday and had  my 12-year-old daughter set it up for me.  First thing this morning I hear a "ching ching"!  I didn't know what it was at first because I'm still getting use to all the new sounds.  I had my daughter look at it and she said I made a sale!  I'm loving this :^O

Message 10 of 94
latest reply

Yes its a great sound when your shopping or just around the house and you hear the cha ching . I love it and thats why i'm trying to get it back working on my phone. So far nothing has worked that I tried.

Message 11 of 94
latest reply

I have my Cha ching back. Thanks for anyone that left a post to try to help me out. I had to remove the app from phone and reinstall it. Now im hear my cha ching.

Happy Selling everyone. 

Message 12 of 94
latest reply

can you tell me how you went about getting the cha ching back on your phone?

Message 13 of 94
latest reply

@ Maas...send Sony a private message thru the little envelope next to the help link above....

the last post here is from dec 2012...........and i don't think sony's sitting by his screen waiting to relpy to this thread...

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 14 of 94
latest reply

As her last post states, she removed and reinstalled the app. Also, make sure the app is running.

If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing it's stupid.
Message 15 of 94
latest reply