cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Happening to Ebay??

nateowens1
Enthusiast
I can't believe what is happening to Ebay, this site was once a god send for entrepreneurs and people strapped for cash and they are nothing now but overpriced corporate bullies, I mean seriously, what is going on at these strategy meetings up there with Ebays to dogs. I have never seen a business try so hard to completely destroy their brand, screw their base and murder their business. The stuff they are pulling with the DSR's and limiting small seller accounts and fees on shipping and putting holds on peoples money is just crazy, they are nothing but big bullies. Think about it, they are destroying so many peoples businesses and for many in this economy, an only source for cash. what kind of people do that? Its really sad, I know for me this was such an important source of cash, I lost my job and because of a few bad buyers that Ebay now chooses to protect my family is quickly going under, I wish someone up top would take a few and reflect on the pain they are causing so many, especially in these very hard times. I have come to realize that Ebay is a dying business, you cant deny it, look at their stock over the last 2 years, look at their business practices, some that I am pretty sure are not even legal like discrimination or allowing and encouraging buyer fraud. Yes Ebay is huge but believe me, they will fall. Just like when Google took out Yahoo or when Facebook slapped down My Space, its just a matter of time, and hopefully it will be sooner rather than latter, what they have become is sad and awful. After 11 years Im saying goodbye, and it actually hurts, this was important to me, for many years, and I put in alot of time and energy like so many others that Ebay is stepping all over now. Goodbye
Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: What is Happening to Ebay??

621 listings, if they close, they will be back. Taking bets? 😀

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 121 of 147
latest reply

lol, love, so true.  This thread was before my time and it was a fun read ~  I did find a great post from BD that sums up this category of "I'm leaving" posts to a T:

Maybe, in light of the repetitive "I'm Leaving eBay" posts, we should reconsider our name.

As opposed to the current, Part-Time eBay Sellers Discussion Board,
we should be called the, Full-Time I'm Leaving eBay Whiners Board.

As opposed to being Pharties, we could be Departies.
In order to become a valued member of the Departies,
you must post that you are leaving a minimum of 120 times.
If you post in CAPS... 100 posts will suffice.

Just a thought...
never said, it was a good one.

Smiley Very Happy

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 122 of 147
latest reply

ROTFLMAO 😂

Message 123 of 147
latest reply

man I'M WITH YA! WHAT SITE PLEASE?!WE R DYING HERE,HAVE NOT SOLD 1 THING IN 2 MONTHS! SELLON BROTHER!...ALPHAUS7
Message 124 of 147
latest reply

So true

Message 125 of 147
latest reply

I full understand the need to rant about ebay. If no one moaned about their 'lot', nothing would ever get improved would it?

So, what do you do when someone dumps on you from a great height? You just sit there and take it huh?

Sometimes, if enough people moan, things change. The trouble is that some of these 'ex sellers' moan to the wrong people. It is so easy for an ebay representative to delete any anti ebay questions/complaints that they receive via the website. I wrote to ebay in the U.S of A. Ok, fair enough, I didn't get a reply and nothing has changed; but if enough people wrote a letter to ebay instead of, for instance, moaning on this site, then maybe something would get done (maybe!).

Message 126 of 147
latest reply

I agree with you. I was getting stung by ebays fees so I simply increased my prices by the equivalent amount (I raised it enough to compensate for the extra fees I would pay, for the increase in my price too). Luckily, I have a product that I make myself and no else makes. I still don't make a fortune but I do earn a little bit of extra cash.

Message 127 of 147
latest reply

I am sick and tired of hearing about buyer fraud. I dont sell on the bay but I buy quite a lot and can quote several instances of seller fraud.       All I hear about is how bad it is for sellers. You lot want to try to be a buyer.                    John

Message 128 of 147
latest reply

OT 2011

Message 129 of 147
latest reply

Very true the same items i am selling now i was getting double for them 3-6 months back,

where are all the buyers gone,

most people now do buy it now or start off at a price they want,

too scared to let it go to auction because you loose money that way,

will have to look at other avenues soon,

otherwise i am just giving the items away,

very sad been an ebay seller since 2000.

Message 130 of 147
latest reply

I have almost quit buying anything from them cause of the way the show items for sale - very limited selections on items and sellers - only retail type stores. This was my go-to place for needed items. Shame they have done this to buyers and even more so to the sellers who have built up business on their now almost useless platform.
Message 131 of 147
latest reply

Agreed completely! How sad! I knew a lot of people who used to sell on ebay, but ebay has ruined themselves by their billions of rules and their punishments if you are not performing up to par. I will actually get emails "scolding" me if my sales or performance levels are down. Treating me like I am their employee or child. Soon there will nobody left to scold. They will go work for someone else. To bad. eBay was awesome.

Message 132 of 147
latest reply

As a seller I see the decline, I think the only things worth listing are antiques.  And, buyers want bargain base prices....don't think it's sustainable...

Message 133 of 147
latest reply

Decline is not the word for it ebay is full of china junk and anything listed that is real fails to sell should call ebay knock off bay

Message 134 of 147
latest reply

Sorry to hear that but I'm not that far behind you!! Started in early 1996 and it has just been terrible in the last maybe five years. GOD bless you and yours
Message 135 of 147
latest reply