cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Ebay is a complete joke.

I had an auction that clearly stated no returns accepted. The buyer opened a case and eBay decided it in his favor. I called them and asked how the buyer could possibly win the case when it says no returns accepted and they basically told me they side on the buyers most of the time. He told me that no returns accepted basically means nothing at all.

Message 1 of 327
latest reply
326 REPLIES 326

Re: SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

If Ebay wants sellers to take returns without question then they should make it mandatory like they do so many other things. Do sellers that accept returns get better exposure? Ebay would probably say no but I think they do. Face it Ebay is just a broken platform that I really don't think anyone can fix. With 7 billion people in this world you would think that sellers would all make a very good living but with throttling and servers down and a search engine that gives you everything but what you want that seems to be impossible. 

Message 316 of 327
latest reply

I've read a lot of these stories, no way in the world I would ever sell on eBay again, better off keeping it on a shelf, sad because I've been selling for decades and it was kind of a hobby, but and sell an item here and there but nvmever again. I've been using Marketplace and it's been pretty good, you can also comment on your eBay selling experience on social media and blogs. 

Message 317 of 327
latest reply

Agreed. No thanks. 

Message 318 of 327
latest reply

Folks this is a Zombie topic:

Please pay attention to the dates they were started; 07-28-2013

Message 319 of 327
latest reply

9 year old thread! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 320 of 327
latest reply

The seller should sold me a bag with the wi holes and the strap was is broken 

Message 321 of 327
latest reply

This is a thread for SELLERS, not buyers.  It's also a thread that is almost 10 years old.  If you have an issue with a seller, post a new thread here and maybe someone can help you out in getting it settled.

Message 322 of 327
latest reply

@yzingerr706 

Does it still happening?

Message 323 of 327
latest reply

Ebay has always sided with the buyer. We, the sellers, are looked at like vendors and not independent businesses. Much the same as Walmart views it's vendors. Ebay sells NOTHING and yet they act like they are the sellers. 

Message 324 of 327
latest reply

However, On eBay, The Merchant's Return Policy Is Actually Not His Choice.

eBay's Money Back Guarantee For Buyers Tops Any "Return Policy" That Any Seller Has.

And why am I answering a 9 yr old message and doing it like this? SMH. 

Message 325 of 327
latest reply

I know this is old, and I'm bumping it.  I have been on the phone with eBay representatives HUNDREDS of times.  And, in my opinion, there's no way that one of them would have ever said, "We side with buyers most of the time."  It's not a correct statement.  In my experience, eBay has sided with me more.  I follow the rules.  I beg for forgiveness when it's warranted.  I know my rights, even in the eBay universe.  I don't believe that you heard them correctly.  Not even in 2013.  ESPECIALLY in 2013!

Message 326 of 327
latest reply

I sale on Mercarri as well and havent seem to have as many issues. But I think its the same every where. I've had EBay work in my favor and not in my favor. My issue is I don't think they really take the time to read a case when you open it. I've had to call them several times and have them send things to the spiecalist team before getting someone to hear what I was actually saying.

Message 327 of 327
latest reply