cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Ebay is a complete joke.

I had an auction that clearly stated no returns accepted. The buyer opened a case and eBay decided it in his favor. I called them and asked how the buyer could possibly win the case when it says no returns accepted and they basically told me they side on the buyers most of the time. He told me that no returns accepted basically means nothing at all.

Message 1 of 327
latest reply
326 REPLIES 326

Re: SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

I also wanted to vent just another thought they can have there policy but as a business stand point we are there ultimate customer with that said you shouldn't bit the hand that feeds. So everyone theres a market out there looking for a website like ebay that protects the seller as well as the buyer so if theres a web master out there you could create the futer platfrom for selling an make a tone like ebay. Just a thought

DANIELLE
Message 151 of 327
latest reply

It's even worst now, buyers know the have to say Item not as described ebay alway side with the buyer. If you do not accept the return ebay send a message saying you accepted a return and takes the funds from paypal.

Why does the message from ebay say I approve a return, when I did not.  Ebay is forcing me to accept a return the message should say that.

I sold an item in eBay item number: 372053097239. The title of the listing is "MacBook Pro A1286 For parts or Repair As Is macbookpro5,1".

I listed the item under Item condition:  For parts or not working. I selected no returns and stated no returns in the listing.

Link to ebay item # 372053097239

Ebay is being dishonest by saying I accepted a return.

Message 152 of 327
latest reply

EBAY SUCKS!!
Message 153 of 327
latest reply

Actually, Hoover and Dyson's suck...

vacuum.gif

if you can't figure out how to make

eBay work... then it Sucks to be you.

Message 154 of 327
latest reply

Same experience here. Item sold as "no returns" however buyer(Scott Dallman, seller beware!) damaged the item after 45 days of ownership and requested full refund. Mind you for me this was a "never used" $399 tent that sold for $255, the buyer damaged it. I had to refund the money and am now the proud owner of a completely worthless damaged tent. Strongly recommend against selling anything of real value on eBay as it does appear a buyer can demand their money back at anytime and stick you with the bill (price of item and shipping) as well as completely destroy your item. Also informed that I would not be able to file a claim against the buyer for damaging the item in the first place

Message 155 of 327
latest reply

Unfortunely no it doesn't. eBay will always side with the buyer even for buyers remorse. All buyer has to say is that item is not as described. No proof needed

Message 156 of 327
latest reply

not to beat a dead horse here.. but something i once read and had to laugh at..BUT it is very true...

YOU CAN have a no return policy.... BUT that doesn't mean you have a no refund policy via ebay policies and rules...

so you don't want it back, fine-- but you still gotta refund them...

and ince it is ebay's site, rules, policies, etc... we all have to follow that...and have a right to leave...so...

once a seller really pays attention and reads the policy and procedures...you find the absolute no return/refund statements are null and void by EBAY's bigger policy.

Message 157 of 327
latest reply

I've read through most of this depressing topic. 

I've previous left Ebay because of their blunt prejudice against sellers. I'm close to leaving against.

But this amazed me, why on earth do they give an option for "No Refunds" if you are not allow to enact it?

The current notification goes even further, they say, you'll be charged for return postage. Even though you clearly stated No Returns. In my case, I was selling electronic parts, and chose a No Returns because of previous frauds, as many of you have experienced.

Ebay claim not to be the market but increasingly they are treating us like no contract workers and clearly favoring "the buyers' experience", as its the buyers who bring in the money.

They want "the buyers experience" to be a universal one, as if it was a store.

It is a store, a store in which we sellers pay to work in and we sellers have to pay for any of the buyers' frauds or inulgences.

It is very clear to me that word is out among the scammer elements of the mass market how easy it is to scam Ebay sellers. I suppose they see it in the same way at how easy it is to scam or shoplift at a big store, seeing us as "just people who work there and don't care".

They don't see us as original people, just scraping by, turning our time into some extra money. They just see the "big company front" and how easy it is to shoplift.

In the old days, may be 40 or 50 years ago, mail companies used to sell items out without payment "on approval" and society was still honest and decent enough to pay or return them. It is still like that in Japan (or may be I should not say otherwise the scammers will move there?).

The removal of 'Seller Feedback' was a big part of the reason I quit the last time. It makes the system completely onesided. They tie our arms behind our back with no chance to defend ourselves.

The strange thing I have experienced is that the worst cases of feedback abuse tends to come from the smallest or smaller value items. I have had it was items hardly worth selling but that I have only sold because they would be useful for a collector.

You can spend years building up a 100% record, and then sme a*hole comes along and trashes in a huff for a few dollars.

I know I am wasting my breath mouthing off here. Experience has told me that we are wasting our breath trying to talk reason to the great Ivory Tower.

But it would be better if Feedback was equated on an auction value basis rather than a $4 item be worth as much as a $4,000 item.  That is, if you've sold $50,000 and one $5 item goes sour, it only counts as 1/10,000th rather than 1.

So, to summarize,

a buyer steals your item,

Ebay reaches in and grabs your money and you cannot stop them from doing so,

the buyer then threatens your hard earned 100% feeback,

you refuse but Ebay gives the money to them anyway and let's them damage you, and then

they damage your seller level.

All for $5.

That just makes Ebay the enforcer for street muggers, off whom they take their 10%. It's coercive Mob mentality.

I wonder if posts here go against you too?

Ebay says, 

Note that if you accept a return, you'll be charged for return postage. Starting on that day, the buyer could ask us to step in and help by opening a case - this can affect your seller level.

The funds for this transaction will be unavailable until this return has been closed. You can also use these funds to issue a refund. You must issue a refund within 6 days of the item being delivered.

You can ask us to step in and help if there's a problem with the buyer's request.

Message 158 of 327
latest reply

The ebay bureaucrats won't even let me cancel my account. I had the same thing happen to me from buyers who decided they didn't want an item and went whining to ebay. I plan to take legal action to force fleabay to close my account and assure me in writing that they no longer keep my information. It is a scam company and has removed my seller status after 13 years and 100 percent positive feedback.  The only reply I get is a standard cut and paste policy statement. If I canno longer sell, I will go elsehwere, but I will require assurance from abay that they will not sell or share my information. An e-mail saying that they won't close it because they are concerned I will circumvent them by opening another account is **bleep**. They are stating that I am a crook and I am stating that they  are crooks. Giants can go down by legal means and I intend to bring these morons down in court. 

Message 159 of 327
latest reply

Which is exactly why somebody above stated that the no returns accepted option for seller is bogus. WHY HAVE IT?
Message 160 of 327
latest reply

I recently sold an item and the buyer opened a case about it.  I won the case, but the buyer has now opened a case on paypal and paypal is forcing me to refund him even though ebay determined that it wasnt eligible for a return/refund.  This is total **bleep** and I am very upset about the total lack of seller protection.

Message 161 of 327
latest reply

as sellers lets boycott ebay. sell and never buy.

Message 162 of 327
latest reply

Duh!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 163 of 327
latest reply

EBAY IS A PIECE OF **bleep**. DON'T USE THIS **bleep** PLATFORM. GO WITH AMAZON.COM INSTEAD

Message 164 of 327
latest reply

I've had similar problems and my wife has,  we're had our accounts since ebay pretty much started and over the years, Ebay doesn't care about the seller at all and 99% of the time, disputes will always end up in the buyers favor no matter what,  you want to counter-dispute? Go right head...ebay will still side with the buyer.

Case and point today,  the buyer purchased a brand new and sealed DVD set from me 5 weeks ago, and only just today decided it didn't match the photo or description (it does 100%) and wanted a full refund so I said no refunds,  fully knowing that they could simply open a dispute and ebay would side with them,  or then go to paypal....when I recieved the initial refund request, there was a notice saying the buyer had unusual return activity stated and I wasn't under any obligation to return it... so, ebay where is the seller protection here?  Hmm???

Once I get this item back, if it literally has been opened/used I will get really **bleep** at ebay for this, mark my words - because I know I'm not the only one who has suffered because of ebay constantly siding with buyers or scammers.

Message 165 of 327
latest reply