cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use shipping label printer and also be able to print shipping receipt?

I currently print USPS labels and postage receipt on a laser printer, cut out the label and tape to packages. 

I'd like to start using a small thermal shipping label printer to save time but would still like to have the postage receipt to keep track of sales, postage expense and tracking info.

Is there an easy, cost effective, way to print the self adhesive labels and still print the receipt without a lot of extra steps?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to use shipping label printer and also be able to print shipping receipt?

If you're technically inclined, you could create the receipt in Excel. Print shipping label as image file, import image file into Excel as background image, lay out so that your receipt overlaps the whitespace in the PDF. After you save the Excel file, for every next delivery you could right click the imported image and choose replace image.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: How to use shipping label printer and also be able to print shipping receipt?

Maybe what I should be asking is, for those using a small thermal printer to print labels, what are you using to keep track of items sold, and cost of shipping?
I find E-bay's monthly reports to be less than useful.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You may want to try the shipping board.
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/bd-p/shipping-returns-db

It depends on how much you sale. Some still you paper and a pen.
eBay has itemized monthly invoices, excel, etc...

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

There is no need for the receipt.  All the information you need is in your PayPal history.  This can easily be exported to a spreadsheet (or an accounting program) and then sorted and subtotalled as required.  This is also the best data to use for taxes.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

PayPal wont work for those that are in eBays managed payments though.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Managed payments is a mess, and don't know what will work for that.  I am staying with PayPal for as long as I can.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply