cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program..?

Anybody else receive this banner on their summary page?

My guess is I can ship internationally but my parcels go to a shipping center who then ship my parcel to the buyer?

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/shipping/globalshippingprogramexport.html

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

I think you are missing the real point GSP costs you business because most buyers are not stupid enough to go along with this its way too expensive maybe 5 times more expensive. Do you think that the people in Australia who want your stuff are stupid???? I wouldnt touch GSP with a ten foot pole, sadly ebay puts gsp back on a relist automatically and I have had it show up on my listings after i KNOW i opted out originally. Peter   

Message 46 of 60
latest reply

dherbst123
Adventurer
I have used Ebay Global Shipping. No matter what ebay says the seller is still ultimately responsible for lost or damaged items. The system works as long as there are no problems but as usual with ebay the seller pays. I have dropped global shippind as an option.
Message 47 of 60
latest reply

It's one of the worst methods of sending.
Very expensive !!! I very slow!
Shipment from the UK to Poland over two weeks !!!?
It is scandalous !!!
UK - France - Germany - Poland
14 days / 4 countries
This gives 3.5 days per country !!!
Avoid the use of GSP !!!!

Message 48 of 60
latest reply

Shipping surcharge. Import fees 20 to 30 percent over customs guidelines and where do they go? You end up paying more than retail for used items. PB an eBay join to do a disservice to customers. Opt out pay attention.
Message 49 of 60
latest reply

I buy quantities of records from USA vendors. Global Shipping seems unable to cope with combined shipping. It insists on charging full shipping cost on each and every record. I recently bought 13 45 (7") records for about $20 and Global tried to charge me $140 for postage which would have cost $22 by USPS. On another occasion I bought 21 records for about $30 and Global tried to charge shipping of over $190. And they would not allow the vendor to send them by USPS which would have cost about $30. I have come to the conclusion that as a non USA resident (I am in the UK) that I must refrain from buying or bidding on anything where the vendor has signed up to the GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAMME. Oh and of course eBay are very careful to ensure that e-mail addresses cannot be exchanged thus ensuring we cannot set up a private Paypal purhase. Sounds to me very much like restrictive practice. MIKE doowopinwales

Message 50 of 60
latest reply

@doowopinwales Hi, doowop, you have a fun ID! ~ If you are buying more than one widget from a seller that is enrolled in the GSP, send them a message and let them know that you are interested in a quantity listing without GSP to save on shipping cost. Itemize the items you want to purchase and if the seller agrees, they can send you an invoice reflecting the shipping charge without the added GSP baloney ~ GSP is best suited for heavier & more expensive items, but many sellers don't realize this ~ it never hurts to ask!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 51 of 60
latest reply

have proof it went to ebay but the customer claimed via paypal as i cant prove delivery they paid them even tho i have a signiture from ebay gsp avoid selling this way !

Message 52 of 60
latest reply

I'm losing sells because of the GSP. Three (a large percentage for me) non payers because of the fees charged by GSP. Annoying that I am opted IN automatically. I now have to click OUT every time.

It's hard enough selling Iitems without this hindrance to international buyers. Buyers are thinking this is being instigated by me and my greed. 

Message 53 of 60
latest reply

Global Shipping Programme .. I have a nasty experience with this over the past week .. I sell postcards and normal international postage costs are approx £2.25 for a these small items ..I have 5 buyers this week who have been charged up to £11.27 for a single card to be sent from Northern Ireland to Republic of Irealnd and Italy through this centre in Derbyshire .. has anyone else experienced this ? 

Message 54 of 60
latest reply

@purpleheather33  Hi, purpleheather ~ eBay has a bad habit of enrolling unsuspecting sellers automatically into the GSP program without their knowledge.  You will have to "opt out" of the GSP program.

GSP is not appropriate for small lightweight and inexpensive items ~ It is best used for items weighing 2 lbs. or more and over the $50 mark.  You don't have to use GSP for "all" of your listings but can specify GSP for the appropriate weight/dollar amount items by checking the "GSP" option on those particular listings.

Since you are in the UK, you may want to check with the UK sellers to see how they would handle this situation:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/

Message 55 of 60
latest reply

GSP is not good for anything.....It should not take longer to get GSP item from the States to Canada than regular mail from Latvia to Canada and $15 less shipping paid.... I just think a lot in the USA dont care but i for 1 wont buy anything in GSP yes please charge me over $20 shipping for a $2 card then charge me dutues when there is none.
Message 56 of 60
latest reply

Two years (!) later I still agree 100 percent! It is something like delivering by accident or gambling. I do not know, what this guys are doing in their full time job, but I suspect, it can't be shipment. Take a proven & serious carrier instead.

Message 57 of 60
latest reply

Global Shipping Scam: a great way to earn negative feedback for only a small additional cost. LOL

From now on I'll ask before buying anything: GPS = no purchase.

I don't know what folks in the Contiguous 48 are so afraid of anyway: there is Excluded Country list in every listing. You can block out every two bit, scam-prone part of this old world and that's that. They won't even see your listing, much less bid on it. You're not losing a **bleep** thing except some headaches and wasted time. No one in Vanuatu or Rumania or Bangladesh is going to buy your gold plated zinc widget made in 1953 anyway.

But blocking Canada? Well, your call, but we've got the population of CA up here and most of us are still pretty honest. I've seen sellers trying to sell Canada-specific items and they have Canada blocked as a shipping destination! Go figure.

Anyway, if you want your sold items shipped to some huge warehouse in Deliverance, KY, where they sit around until Pitney Bowes decides to ship them out to the buyers, well be my guest. Many buyers will be as PO'd as me when they find out their shipment is late. Feedback will reflect buyer satisfaction.
Message 58 of 60
latest reply

@milezero

This is an old thread, but...

The cost of shipping to Canada is so much. In the US, we can select to pay in "Local KY " cost, parsay..

Talk to the country agencies, customs etc...

It cost a small fortune to ship in the US to US.

Postal rates are well,  ridiculous everywhere ( excluding China and etc)

Dont blame the seller, message them and ask if they will ship directly. They may say no, but you can always ask.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 59 of 60
latest reply

@milezero ~ I understand your frustration with eBay's Global Shipping Program , however you shouldn't be directing that anger at the individual seller using GSP, but at eBay, imo.  Are you aware that eBay automatically checks the box that enrolls unsuspecting new sellers into the GSP program?  ...which means that many newish sellers have no idea how to list properly using the GSP.

GSP, when properly used ~ over $50 and weighing over 2 lbs ~ can be a valuable tool for a seller wanting to sell internationally as the cost to ship is almost identical to regular international shipping and it alleviates the possibility of an Item Not Received case being opened....I agree with you that Canada is not a good candidate for the GSP, but please don't take it out on the seller by giving them a negative feedback....and, FYI, if you do, it can be removed by eBay as the seller is only responsible to get the item to Erlanger, KY ~ after that it is Pitney Bowes that deserves the neg.

Message 60 of 60
latest reply