cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I seem to be getting a lot of overseas customers

Here's a strange address:

0740-0216 Borderlinx/DHL 4505 Honeywell Court (Door 31)
Dayton, OH 45424-5760

And the other day someone from Croatia tried to buy an item, but I wrote that I didn't ship to Croatia.

Strange that these orders are being looked at overseas.

L. Wright, Chicago
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

The Borderlinx Address is a freight forwarder.

It should read like this

Customer Name

0740-0216 Borderlinx/DHL

4505 Honeywell Court (Door 31)
Dayton, OH 45424-5760

Make sure that you use the address exactly as given, with the numbers (which are probably the customer ID) ... and use the option to put the eBay Item # on the label.

http://www.borderlinx.com/US/en/

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Buyer didn't have a name, didn't give it.  I printed the label as is.

That's why it was strange to me.

L. Wright, Chicago
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

They are only about 20 mins from me. I can go and ruffle some fearhers if you have any problems. Lol

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Someone fraudulently used my account to make purchses on ebay and shipped it to this address.  Please proceed with caution...

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

We just recv'd a fairly large order preceeded by a number of failed transactions all with different names, credit cards and billing addresses until one went through. They all had this address as the Ship to with different names:

4505 Honeywell Ct Door-31
Dayton, Ohio, 45424-5760
United States

We voided the order and apologized to the "customer" that we cannot proceed with this order because #fraud 🙂

The "cards" were all from New Jersey

Phone number shows negative info when reverse searched:  937-889-6246
They ordered the most expensive items using the most expensive shipping because after all, they're not paying for it and most larger companies would not catch this until the C/C company reversed the charges effectively making it a loss loss for us.

We wish there was a database to notify people that their C/C has been stolen!

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@acm-wallet  That address belongs to a freight forwarder.

If the buyer has paid and you have verified payment and the "ship to" address by looking at your PayPal account,  you must ship ~ if you cancel and don't ship because of your concerns that the card is fraudulent, you  will receive an "out of stock" mega defect ~ a few of those and your eBay selling career will be over.

If An Unauthorized Use Chargeback is opened, it can be easily won by providing the tracking number showing that you shipped to the PayPal address on file with the transaction.  There will be no loss to you.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@acm-wallet wrote:

We just recv'd a fairly large order preceeded by a number of failed transactions all with different names, credit cards and billing addresses until one went through. They all had this address as the Ship to with different names:

4505 Honeywell Ct Door-31
Dayton, Ohio, 45424-5760
United States

We voided the order and apologized to the "customer" that we cannot proceed with this order because #fraud 🙂

The "cards" were all from New Jersey

Phone number shows negative info when reverse searched:  937-889-6246
They ordered the most expensive items using the most expensive shipping because after all, they're not paying for it and most larger companies would not catch this until the C/C company reversed the charges effectively making it a loss loss for us.

We wish there was a database to notify people that their C/C has been stolen!

Over 3 years ago this thread was posted. The company is still around. If anyone has an issue with it, let me know. It's only a short drive away. As said it is a freight forwarder.

@acm-wallet

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

No worries! We were researching this address because of the strange behaviour on the site and after compiling all the data have concluded it was fraud. We only posted because we wanted to help others look closely at the different earmarks: Non-functioning phone numbers, email addresses that are shown to be spammy, multiple failed transactions with the same products to people with different card numbers and billing addresses... if an international forwarder is receiving the package, but the credit cards being used (failed attempts at that) are all different but going to the same ship to, these should be scrutinized. Thats all 🙂  Keeping eyes on the business is a good thing

This is a great resource here... we've been doing these things snce 2001 online 

https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A676

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@acm-wallet wrote:

No worries! We were researching this address because of the strange behaviour on the site and after compiling all the data have concluded it was fraud. We only posted because we wanted to help others look closely at the different earmarks: Non-functioning phone numbers, email addresses that are shown to be spammy, multiple failed transactions with the same products to people with different card numbers and billing addresses... if an international forwarder is receiving the package, but the credit cards being used (failed attempts at that) are all different but going to the same ship to, these should be scrutinized. Thats all 🙂  Keeping eyes on the business is a good thing

This is a great resource here... we've been doing these things snce 2001 online 

https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A676

@acm-walletHow did you find out all of that?  Do you have your own Merchant Account?

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

So are you saying the company is a fraud? With proof to back it up?

I didn't click on the link.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Sorry to not be so clear. Not the forwarder company - the purchase itself was fraud. We refunded it immediately. 

The link was to what merchants might look for and how to prevent many kinds of fraud. 

No problem guys, carry on 🙂  We get a lot of great overseas orders with the global shipping program. This particular issuejust happened to be using a private forwarder. Again, this isn't about the forwarder as much as what thieves do to slip through the cracks to look legit. 

VPNs, forwarders, stolen cards etc... just be aware 😉

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

This address  was used when someone hacked my walmart.com account to ship $$$$ worth stuff.Luckily my Walmart.com account and our credit card company rejected the fradualent order.The shipment was addressed to Edi Saputra.Beware  of transaction to this address.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

4505 Honeywell Ct, Dayton, OH 45424 - -as per google - -DHL EXPRESS
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Grateful for this thread!

Message 15 of 17
latest reply