cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furry Friends ~ eBay Style!

Spring is here, and the weather today was glorious ~ 79 degrees in No. Calif!  My dog, Max, found a comfortable landing spot to view the birds and the bees in my back yard.  

IMG_0967.JPGIMG_0968.JPG 

Spoiler
Bench pillows and cushion purchased on eBay!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 193
latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

Re: Furry Friends ~ eBay Style!

@hidy-hoo wrote:

...speaking of "taking care of it" when talking about a spider or bug or snake or any creepy crawler that gives you the willies ~ how exactly to you "take care of it?

This subject was discussed in another group that I belong to.....so, do you:

a.  say last rites and then squish.......or

b.  catch and release

What say you?  and why? 

Well, it depends on what type of bug it is and where it is located.

If it is found in my bedroom I show no mercy. If it is an ant, a fly, an earwig, a cockroach, a tick, a water bug, a carpet beetle, a stink bug, anything super tiny (like gnats), those little moths that eat your textiles, or something that stings (like a bee) then I show no mercy regardless of where it's found. That means it either gets smashed or scooped up with a damp paper towel and tossed in the trash... or if they are really unlucky (or really p*** me off), flushed.

If it is not in my bedroom I try to catch and release when possible - things like large moths, lady beetles, praying mantis, spiders if they're big (tiny ones get squashed), large beetles, and more. Depending on the type of bug I'll either catch in my hands, on a piece of paper, or trap between a magazine and a cup before tossing it out the door.

House centipedes, while big and scary looking, get left alone. If you see a house centipede it means there is plenty around for it to eat. What does it eat? Other bugs. So (unless in my bedroom) I tend to leave them be so they can eat up the others. They will go away once the other bugs are gone or in scarce supply.

Oh... and crickets are shown no mercy. Not a fan of something that will jump in my face. Though I do feel bad when I create cricket carnage. Poor Jimminy.

Is that more info than you were looking for, Hidy??? Smiley Tongue

Message 46 of 193
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@prefontained wrote:

@Anonymous If I remember correctly, you have a cat that thinks it's a chameleon, no? I vaguely recall an image of your kitty playing hide-and-seek in a stack of paper towels...

Hello @blackbird*singing 

That's right, great memory!  Smiley Happy  I think that photo was posted in another thread, also about pets.  Honcho is pure white, and he loves hiding out in places that match his fur color -- white paper towels, white fax machine, and white USPS mail tubs. Smiley Happy

I think I remember you have (white?) birds?  You're allergic to furry friends, but you can keep birds, fish, and reptiles, right?

I wish I could have birds too, although I've got my plate full with cats and a Cattle Dog!

Message 47 of 193
latest reply

Yes, that other thread was "banished" from the selling board to the cafe. Love your cat's chameleon tendencies. He thinks he is invisible.

I had a feathery friend (he was not white though), but he's no longer with us. 😞  I have a tiny aquatic frog and a fish. Nothing furry for me!! You have a great memory yourself. 🙂

P.S. You are in the Part-Time eBay Sellers group - welcome! We're allowed "off-topic" threads here. @Anonymous

Message 48 of 193
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@prefontained wrote:

Yes, that other thread was "banished" from the selling board to the cafe. Love your cat's chameleon tendencies. He thinks he is invisible.

I had a feathery friend (he was not white though), but he's no longer with us. 😞  I have a tiny aquatic frog and a fish. Nothing furry for me!! You have a great memory yourself. 🙂

P.S. You are in the Part-Time eBay Sellers group - welcome! We're allowed "off-topic" threads here. @Anonymous

@blackbird*singing

I'm sorry to hear about your feathered friend.  Smiley Sad  I bet your tiny frog and fish keep your space bright and lively! 

Part-Time eBay Sellers Group?  I didn't even realize that!  Thanks for mentioning it, and for inviting me over here. Smiley Happy   

This is great!  So nice to have a forum where we can talk about other off-topics besides selling on eBay.

Message 49 of 193
latest reply

Glad you came for a visit, Violet! There's a fun wordgame (sticky post), and a bunch fun topics. If you're so inclined, feel free to join in! 🙂

Message 50 of 193
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@prefontained wrote:

Glad you came for a visit, Violet! There's a fun wordgame (sticky post), and a bunch fun topics. If you're so inclined, feel free to join in! 🙂

Thank you, Pre!  Smiley Happy   I never knew about this group.  I'm browsing some of the other topics now.  Count me in to join in on the fun!  

Message 51 of 193
latest reply

Here's one of my helpers - GracieP1180476.JPG

Message 52 of 193
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there Gracie!  What a sweetie! 

Here's one of Honcho relaxing in a fashionable USPS lounge ...

USPSCat.png

Message 53 of 193
latest reply

Violet, we always need more word game players.

Except for the occasional "I hate Ebay, and I'm leaving" posts,

I think the part-timers are a fairly laid-back group.

I also belong to a daily chat group that talks about anything and everything.  We try to keep that light hearted too.

Ok, I'm off to watch a little baseball, and wind down.

Jean

Message 54 of 193
latest reply

Honcho, what a cutie!

Jean

Message 55 of 193
latest reply

Love that picture, nomoaa! Gracie looks like a right good eBay helper! 🙂

Violet*owl's kitty likes to give, but as mentioned, does in the way of blending into the surroundings.

@hidy-hoo thank you for unearthing this thread. I have some pictures of Bits that I'll adorn the thread, with.

Pre, what some call the alternative pets, make the best pets. 🙂 Fish are very attuned to their surroundings. I know fish I've had, would even greet me. I had a friend say that wasn't possible, until they visited with me one day and saw my fishy swim to the side of the bowl and start a back and forth swaying, when we came in the room.

What kind of fish and frog do you have?

Max was such a handsome cutie. (((Hugs))) for your loss.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 56 of 193
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:

@hidy-hoo thank you for unearthing this thread. I have some pictures of Bits that I'll adorn the thread, with.

Pre, what some call the alternative pets, make the best pets. 🙂 Fish are very attuned to their surroundings. I know fish I've had, would even greet me. I had a friend say that wasn't possible, until they visited with me one day and saw my fishy swim to the side of the bowl and start a back and forth swaying, when we came in the room.

What kind of fish and frog do you have?

*ahem* I dug through several pages of posts to find this thread. Though, to be fair, Hidy did alert me to its existence (she was mentioning Max) and that prompted me to go looking. 😉

(I trust you know I'm just kidding. In reality I'm not at all concerned with "credit"!)

On that "show me yours" thread from the selling forum I had posted a pic of the betta (white and blue) and said I couldn't get a pic of the frog because he darts around too fast. You found a photo online of an african dwarf that was really great and looks like my frog except the coloring is a bit different. Any of that ringing a bell? 🙂

I once had fish that did what yours did, but I always thought it was because they associated me with food and thought I might drop some in the tank. Maybe I'm wrong and they were just excited to see me.

Message 57 of 193
latest reply

Hey pre, I remember the thread and thought you had a beta fish and then thought, maybe I thought pre had a beta, because _I_ had a beta and didn't want to make your pets all about me. 🙂

I also remember looking up the photo of the froggy and posting it, but African Dwarf, wasn't on the tip of my tongue. But I did find the picture.

7ebb4e3a6e97089c3f7a9bf30d6cb9a0.jpg

I think I attributed the thread resurrection with hidy, because she had mentioned it on another thread.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 58 of 193
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice photo find, Savanna!  Oh that's so cute.  Pre, so your frog looks almost like that with different coloring? 

Almost makes me want to get a frog and have the aquarium sitting on my desk at work.  I bet it would make a great conversation piece!

Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 193
latest reply

Yes. His coloring is a little darker, but that's what he looks like. He darts around SO fast. I particularly love mating season because I can listen to him croak all night. It doesn't last very long, but I love it.

Savanna - no problem!! And yes, that is the great photo I was referencing. If I recall correctly, you have a beta tank waiting for a new occupant?

Message 60 of 193
latest reply