cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does accepting Best Offer include additional shipping, or not?

Part timers, please help!  I am not sure whether I want to accept a best offer or not.

Let's say I have an item listed at $20 plus $3 flat fee shipping along with Best Offer.

If someone offers me $10 and I accept,  what do they end up paying?

Is it $10 or $13?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
2 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does accepting Best Offer include additional shipping, or not?

the best offer is just for the item and it's addition to the shipping charges.

if the seller accepts the $10 offer,it would be $13 total.

the buyer can give a offer and add a note to haggle the shipping price.

when a buyer adds a note,it goes straight to the seller.if the seller agrees to the request on shipping charges they need to send an invoice with the change in shipping charges.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

From what iv found it would be 13, unless the message you about the shipping price but other then that it should all still be the same. 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Evening KG!

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/best-offer.html

For listings in which the seller has specified shipping costs for the item, the Best Offer price includes only the listed item. For listings in which the shipping costs aren't specified, the buyer can choose to include shipping costs in their offer.

So on this item> http://www.ebay.com/itm/221172260700? , the best offer does not include the $19.19 S&H.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

the best offer is just for the item and it's addition to the shipping charges.

if the seller accepts the $10 offer,it would be $13 total.

the buyer can give a offer and add a note to haggle the shipping price.

when a buyer adds a note,it goes straight to the seller.if the seller agrees to the request on shipping charges they need to send an invoice with the change in shipping charges.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Thanks, you two!

For some reason the eBay explanation was clear as mud. Perhaps because I'm exhausted from my other seller account & making expensive shipping mistakes. As usual. Some day I will learn.

I knew the part-timers would come through with a translation that made sense:^O

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

But the good news is that your selling is on fire!  I would much rather be exhausted from selling and packing on eBay than doing housework:-p

I rescued my dog and he rescued me!!
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Oh, so  I get to skip the housework? Meh, not likely.

Hahaha, true though, the selling is on fire!  For me, it is a hugely busy week. This KG account, most items are going for the BIN price. My other account, I also put OBO on them and am getting crazy low offers, 20 cents on the dollar. Not sure why, the stuff is stil priced lower than most similar items for sale.

I was able to figure out how to make counter offers - that was easy.  Also kinda fun!  Then I finally got a decent offer on something & wasn't sure about the shipping, but now I'm sorted.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

???? yes or no

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

@finerthings2015

When you make an offer, you are making that offer on the price only.
Shipping price will still be the same.

Ex $24 plus $2 shipping is $26
You offer $20. Your price will be $ 22

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Oh regs - Zombie thread from 2013

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

From what iv found it would be 13, unless the message you about the shipping price but other then that it should all still be the same. 🙂
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Short answer is NO.

Best offers do NOT include shipping.

Yes, this topic is from 2 years ago....welcome to the part timers board, !

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Now you have me confused - does the offer include shipping or not? Should I make a counter offer to specifiy they must pay shipping to be safe? Have large items where shipping is 50%-75% of the item cost. 

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@grandm826 wrote:

Now you have me confused - does the offer include shipping or not? Should I make a counter offer to specifiy they must pay shipping to be safe? Have large items where shipping is 50%-75% of the item cost. 

The offer is for the item only.

Shipping amount does not change when a best offer is made.

@grandm826

This thread is 2 years old.

Welcome aboard if you have a question, it's best to start a topic of your own.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

@grandm826

If you are in doubt about what the final price will be on an offer it is best to message it out buyer to seller to be sure that both parties understand what the total will be.

As stated, and in the muddy eBay policies if stated shipping is in the listing, an offer does not change it, but some buyers get irate when an offrer is accepted by the rules that they do not understand. They did not want to pay anything for shipping and it was in the tiny little note that the seller may not have even seen.  Then it does not go well.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

For listings in which the seller has specified shipping costs for the item, the Best Offer price includes only the listed item. For listings in which the shipping costs aren't specified, the buyer can choose to include shipping costs in their offer.

Thanks for your response - I've quoted the relevant text from the "Making a Best Offer - Other Terms" section of the eBay help.

I believe this line --- "the best offer price includes only the listed item" can be interperated by a buyer in two ways.  It could be understood that "the best offer price will get you the listed item" or it could be determined to mean "the best offer price is made on the item cost only, stated shipping costs will be additional" which is what people here are confirming is the intended meaning. The meaning of "the price includes" and "only the listed item"  is ambiguious. 

SUGGESTED REVISION:

Buyer is responsible for the shipping costs stated in the listing, the Best Offer amount is made on the item cost only.

Also regarding shipping, to clarify what "stated in the auction" means: 

Fixed price shipping = stated in auction

Calculated shipping = is that considered "stated in the auction"?

If I check global ship program = does that mean "stated in the auction"?

Sounds like the best practice might be to add in the description a line like --- Buyer is responsible for the shipping costs stated in the listing, the Best Offer amount is made on the item cost only.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply