cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did ebay overcharge me for selling my item?

I listed an item at a fixed price of 44.99 and 9.99 shipping for a listing fee of .50.  The item sold this morning at that price.  I was reviewing my fees to figure out my profit and the fees are higher than I expected them to be.  Ebay's FAQ states that fees for a fixed price auction are 9% of the final value and 9% of the shipping.  By my calculation this should be $4.05 for the item and .90 for the shipping.  My invoiced fees show 4.95 for the item and .85 for shipping.  Even Ebay's own fee calculator shows the fees differently when I punched them in to see if I was charged right.  Did I miss something or is this a mistake on Ebays part?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

11% in certain categories. Try the math on that and see if its correct?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

" Ebay's FAQ states that fees for a fixed price auction are 9% of the final value and 9% of the shipping."

That is incorrect. The FVF rate for fixed-price listings depends on the category and is never 9%:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It's 9% for auction style listings (item price + shipping).

For fixed price listings its:

1. In electronics, the fee is 7% for a sale between 99¢ & $50, 5% of the remaining balance between $50.01 to $1,000 & 2% for anything more than $1,000.

2. In clothing, shoes and accessories, the fee is 10% for a sale between 99¢ & $50, 5% of the remaining balance between $50.01 to $1,000 & 2% for anything more than $1,000.

3. In books, dvds & movies, music & video games, the fee is 13% for a sale between 99¢ & $50, 5% of the remaining balance between $50.01 to $1,000 & 2% for anything more than $1,000.

4. In all other categories, the fee is 11% for a sale between 99¢ & $50, 6% of the remaining balance between $50.01 to $1,000 & 2% for anything more than $1,000.

Could they have made it anymore confusing?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

(4.95 + 0.85) / (44.99 + 9.99) = 10.5%, or 11% rounded.

That would be correct for a fixed price listing in the Sports Memorabilia category.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

probably did! ;\

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

yes generally FVF is higher rate for FP than

an auction with BIN even if buyer uses the BIN.

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I have to said they been ripping off costumer they charge me for the pass 3 months $447 in fee, and I was told they will give me credit I only receive $60 but I don't even know where the $60 is i check on my pay pal account and is not there. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@845alex1969  Hello,alex!  If you want help with your situatiion, you will have to give us more detail about your problem.  If your problem stems from the unsold car listing, try asking your question on the Motors board.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Motors/bd-p/220

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply