eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Motors

Ebay policy is violating the rights of its sellers.

I had listed several times a car for ssale from Canada, for the Canadian and worldwide market mentioning the car is not registrable in the US "as is".

Some "smart" lady from eBay removed a listing that has been there last year a few times and this year three times because she thinks it violates eBay policy. The violation consists of the car which is a legally imported, registered and insured car , factory produced, tested and certified in Belgium, not being imported into the US and certified by the US Department of Transportation.

This is the exact and accurate answer I received from several "managers" working at eBay !!!!

In other words if I am Canadian or German or Zimbabwee and I want to sell in my country my car through eBay.com, Lucy and Correy are telling me I have to import the car into the US, have it certified by the US department of Transportation and send eBay the documentation to prove that, in order to be able to list my car for sale with eBay.

I have never heard something more stupid and senseless.

First I am not selling the car in the US, I have never imported the car in the US and I have mentioned on my listing that the car cannot be registered "as is" in the US so i did not mislead anybody with my listing.

Second eBay should know that a car (something with a shape, body, wheels, engine, etc) CAN BE BOUGHT / SOLD and imported into the US as:

- a decoration item to have it displayed in the front yard (does not need certification by the US Dept of Transportation)

- a show and display item (does not need certification by the US Dept of Trasnportation)

- a competition car not for use on public roads (does not need certification by the US Dept of Transportation)

- a collectible item not be registered for use on public roads (does not need certification by the US Dept of Transportation)

- a regular car to be registered for use on public roads after it goes through some adjustments and modifications in order to comply with US Norms (ONLY AFTER THAT PROCESS THE CAR CAN BE CERTIFIED BY THE US DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION)

There are many other situations in which a car can be bought / sold / importated into the US without a certification by the US Dept of Transportation by I dont want to wake up eBay's staff with all the options and rights a buyer / seller has and which eBay is abusing and denying.

Sorry to see such a huge ignorance in such an apparently professional site. 

Motors discussion

May 3, 2016 4:08:31 PM PT

Ebay policy is abusive and discriminating

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 0 10
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 3 11
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 3 11
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 4
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 1
This is a topic with new unread messages 15 8