cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Filed a FALSE Item not as described claim... What should I do?

abelandlilysmommy
Enthusiast

Hi I am a new seller and I had a buyer file an item not as described claim against me but then messaged me and said they wanted a refund because the items did not meet their expectations and then stated that the item was worn, but i listed the items as used and posted several pictures plus I described them as they were and posted that they were sold as is no returns and to ask any questions before bidding but the buyer never asked any questions. Then the buyer took nine days to file the case? This seems like she had buyers remorse to me and is misusing the system but I am new to this so maybe I misunderstood it. The reason I don't like to do returns is because its time consuming and a hassle. I don't think I should have to refund their money this is the second buyer who has done this. What should I do?? I would really appreciate any advice that would help me. Thanks

Message 1 of 129
latest reply
128 REPLIES 128

The same thing happened to me four months after the buyer received the item. He never contacted me. Yesterday, Ebay withdrew money from my account until the is settled. From what I can tell, Ebay never gives sellers a chance to defend themselves, so I filed a criminal complaint against the buyer for fraud, with the police department in his hometown and a complaint with the Oregon Attorney General against Ebay.
Message 121 of 129
latest reply

Ebay does not allow beyond I think 60 days. I have heard that Paypal allows six months now for a buyer to make a claim... was this a claim made through Paypal and not eBay? How long is your return policy set up for? I think you should call eBay customer service and see if you can get anywhere with them. If it was PAYPAL, then give them a call and find out what the deal is. IF there was a claim against you, someone should have contacted you first, whether that was Paypal or eBay, but I would absolutely be on the phone with someone. I would inform them that you have pressed fraud charges with their local police and with the state of Oregon, and that you intend to press mail fraud charges if you do not get any satisfaction. 4 months is a long time for something like this to happen with no communication from someone about a charge back or a return.
Message 122 of 129
latest reply

You're replying to the OP who posted this OVER 7 years ago..OP is long gone and last logged in in 2012..

Best to start your own thread for any issues..

Message 123 of 129
latest reply

You will lose. eBay and PayPal will not consider even valid rebuttals to a clai,. The deck is stacked against you. Cancel eBay and PayPal!!!
Message 124 of 129
latest reply

True True. Just had PayPal/eBay completely ignore my input showing a partial refund was made and buyer accepted. Then, later he filed a claim and PayPay granted a refund WITHOUT recognizing a contract can be amended by a new offer and acceptance. This is basic contract law from the Uniform Commercial Code which PayPal does not follow, understand or acknowledge.
Message 125 of 129
latest reply

NO ACTUALLY even if you can prove it ebay will only back the buyer...this just happened to me and i proved buyers remorse cuz her first email said she didnt like it...and then defected.....i talked to ebay 2x...they said the only thing you can do is put a strike against them that doesnt show anywhere!!! and she wore it afew time and LOST THE TAG! and tho i have proof of this..still nothing.THE WORSE IS THAT I HAVE TO EAT THE SHIPPING TO HER !!! so after they REVIEW my buyer lied strike...they will (at end of mth) refund one way shipping...I have 100% on my site...A NO RETURN UNLESS GROSSLY lied about...on it..and nothing!...so basically...tough!

Message 126 of 129
latest reply

you are probably better off not selling on eBay - not everyone has the personality to be able to deal with the public, and put up with the complete disregard for seller's rights that eBay allows

Message 127 of 129
latest reply

Thread is from 2012.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 128 of 129
latest reply

Buyer Always Wins on Ebay even if they lie . Not fair to seller. Just went through this and my item was returned even with a broken part and missing owner manual & still have to refund the buyer. I was told I could report the buyer as Opening a false claim but would still have to refund the buyer anyway so why even bother ! Not Fair to Seller.
Message 129 of 129
latest reply