cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Filed a FALSE Item not as described claim... What should I do?

abelandlilysmommy
Enthusiast

Hi I am a new seller and I had a buyer file an item not as described claim against me but then messaged me and said they wanted a refund because the items did not meet their expectations and then stated that the item was worn, but i listed the items as used and posted several pictures plus I described them as they were and posted that they were sold as is no returns and to ask any questions before bidding but the buyer never asked any questions. Then the buyer took nine days to file the case? This seems like she had buyers remorse to me and is misusing the system but I am new to this so maybe I misunderstood it. The reason I don't like to do returns is because its time consuming and a hassle. I don't think I should have to refund their money this is the second buyer who has done this. What should I do?? I would really appreciate any advice that would help me. Thanks

Message 1 of 129
latest reply
128 REPLIES 128

I called them. I have given the buyer two options two either take my refund 15$ or he will have to ship it back if I escalate the claim. PayPal makes him pay for shipping (told by Pp). I will issue full refund. I also mentioned if there’s any damage after he ship, I will file a claim against him. PP will hold the money from him and the case will take even longer.  I bonus “ I’m a student but I will not let anyone taking advantage of me that easy!

respectfully”

i didnt know about the GLObal shipping has that program. Thanks for you input. 

Message 106 of 129
latest reply

BEWARE ALL, do not sale to any name at 8400 NW 25th Street Suite 100 in Doral/Miami, Florida. The name used on my sale was Jose R Salcedo. This address uses many Aliases from many different EBay accounts but the address remains the same. It is not a home but a shipping plant. These people are not in this country but use this address. They buy and pay immediately but then file false chargeback claims stating they didn’t receive the order or got the wrong order when they in fact did get it. They then resale this order (because they will NOT ship the item back) and get a refund. They have countless complaints online from sellers on EBay ranging from credit card theft, identity theft, false claims, filing false claims, and so much more. I caught this info right before I was set to ship to them. I immediately canceltthe order and contacted EBay and PayPal with this address. His profile shows 100% positivity but they use aliases and have multiple accounts so PLEASE spread the word about THIS ADDRESS. The address goes to BM Cargo. Please look online with this name, BM Cargo to see how much fraud these sickos have done.
Message 107 of 129
latest reply

I'm sorry but this is the worst place to sell your items-Ebay is not interested in helping people sell their items only interested in the mighty $$$$$$$ If you sell something, properly describe it and specify NO RETURNS AS IS for parts or repair show images, etc... then buyers should know full well what they are purchasing - used items-everything is slanted towards the buyers-gee I wonder why? Seller Protection policy??? what a joke-I am venting of course and empathizing with this sellers predicament- I sold an item recently and buyer waited 3 weeks to request a refund claiming item didn't work-the buyer in the end lost the case because THE ITEM WAS NOT DEFECTIVE-Ebay's answer to sellers put in the position of accepting returns and suck it up policy is criminal a best. Like I said their answer to me the first time I recieved a return is don't worry you can sell it again....so like a fool I sell it again and guess what? The second buyer claims it doesn't work-and IT DOES WORK, is as described and listed as for parts or repair only-but still the chump wants a refund-clearly doesn't know how to use the item so really why did you purchase it then? The 'second buyers' remorse case they have decided in the buyers favor?! What? ridiculous, where is the sellers remorse policy? Seriously......

Message 108 of 129
latest reply

Ebay is a terrible selling  platform.  They will always side  with the BUYER! Been dealing  with  a buyer who made false accusations stating that the  brand new item purchased was used and LIED  that  it smelled  like  cigarettes and animals. And I reattached  my tags. I'm  willing  to bet that I will not  get my jacket  back from the buyer. It's  a lose lose situation. 

Message 109 of 129
latest reply

They don't ALWAYS side with the buyer, but they usually do. That's the purpose of their money back guarantee. That said, I actually won a case against a buyer a couple months ago, so I know for a fact that they don't ALWAYS side with the buyer.... however, you better have all your ducks in a row if you want a case to come out in your favor.
Message 110 of 129
latest reply

I had buyer open an INAD return case before the item was even delivered to their address. Will eBay side with the buyer still or...?

Message 111 of 129
latest reply

See my post above. MOST of the time they side with the buyer, but they don't ALWAYS. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row. Keep track of that tracking information. I would actually see about having the local post office check the tracking number too, as you'll get a more accurate timeline from that than you will from the online tracking, which can sometimes run behind by as much as 12 hours.
Message 112 of 129
latest reply

We are dealing with a buyer who is claiming the item we sent was not the item in the listing and sent us back a different item. Any advice?
Message 113 of 129
latest reply

I would ask the buyer is they mixed up sellers. You can look at their feedback and see if the item you received was from a different buyer. If feedback was left.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 114 of 129
latest reply

You saved me from stating ALL of that. I always get "ITEM DOES NOT SEEM AUTHENTIC" no proof to disagree with what I am listing (and selling such items since 1985, before said person was EVEN BORN!)

I have even had buyers flat out have buyers remorse and use that, the last one said "I always use that, so I dont have to pay any shipping either way" and eBay ALLOWS THIS!

I too , was hit 5 months later after sale through PayPal, buyer claims something is wrong with the item, I sell Sportscards, you dont plug it in it doesn't break so how now 5 months later can ALL OF SUDDEN have something wrong? You win those better (on PayPal) than the robot decision by eBay.
On eBay Cases are closed in 90 seconds once it is escalated and as always in the buyers favor.

Now eBay has taken it to another level, have any of you been whacked with an extra 4% buyers fee due to their "NEW" Metrics category?
I had 14 returns (for ANY REASON!) over the last year.
4 from the same buyer/scammer as he opened a case the item was sealed in and swapped out 2 of them (still waiting on case #2 but won one of them so far) and b/c the case was opened, even if you win, they hold it against you.
90% of all my returns are from "NEWBIES", if I had a method of blocking them I would, minimum of one year on hear and at LEAST a 100 feedback, if I lose sales so be it but these IDIOTS that sign up that day, make a purchase then maybe find it later for less BLAME YOU. I am not Walmart where you can just easily make a return, heck Walmart only allows 30 days and if a seal is broken will not allow to be taken back.
Had another open a ITEM NOT AUTHENTIC" case when I shipped the item at 2:10 PM and opened the case at 2:17 PM after he was notified of a scan, this was a $5400 item. His rating? a ZERO signed up a week before.
I chased down my postman to retrieve the item. Now that is against me. (Count now at 5 of 14).
Another the buyer (and I swear 90% of all buyers do not read descriptions), bought an item, expected "A" got "B", as he did not read it. 720 items involved in the purchase and said CLEARLY some a bit off from perfection (items is almost 50 years old mind you) and wanted a price reduction, OK we agreed on a price but now have THAT against me JUST b/c a case is opened. EVEN if you come to a resolve it it is strike against the seller.
This is another scam of eBay's to make more from a seller. To me in my sales that's over $1000 a year, so the only way to combat that is RAISE PRICES, which I did across the board. Which in turn punishes GREAT buyers, but eBay would rather protect thieves and scammers and to **bleep** lazy to do anything about it the problems THEY are letting happen and it is increasing daily.
I now use ETSY and hope traffic flow grows there and also thinking Amazon. eBay has just grown to big for itself and time and again punish sellers, w/o sellers they have no jobs.
I bet almost EVERYONE wishes they had another avenue that even came close to the same market and they would BOLT in a second.
They have ZERO CLUE how to handle problems, like when they started charging a percentage for postage, this was done b/c a few bad apples were selling items at a penny but charging $100 for postage that would take a stamp, they did so to avoid fee's now in the infantile wisdom make EVERYONE pay for that. Oh that fixed them huh? Instead of dealing with THEIR problem of lost revenue, they said HEY LETS SCREW EVERYONE!!
GREAT MOVE EBAY!
I also had a NO QUESTIONS ASKED Policy on returns, now I have state NO RETURNS, to avoid anyone who changes their mind and just go directly to open a case.
"Changed mind" is NOT a Valid reason, so now I will have to fight those, I will win those but in turn can get negative feedback and a non returning customer. If I just let it happen, well lets just say I have had a few that buy and change their mind and each time a case is opened it is a strike, convicted IMMEDIATELY. I dont want them back, not with this policy. I also will be forced to contest.

Even when you point out the so called "DEFECTS" are not just or valid they say "nothing we can do about it"..
REALLY!
What line of **bleep** is that. They can remove bad feedback, remove cases and now they CAN NOT remove it from this "NEW" Metric thing THEY created?
I CALL **bleep**! The removal of the 4 cases by the ONE guy the already ruled against, I would not have this fee, and of the 14 cases opened, 1 was valid; I did not test the item, it actually came from the factory defective.

Message 115 of 129
latest reply

E

Thats a load of garbage e bay is bogous ive purchased products on here before that state returns not accepted i called and was told that the buyer didnt have to refund anything. But i sold something and the buyer opened up a bogous claim and e bay says refund the money what the hell is that ? I dont use pay pal and the funds have transfered to my bank im going to duspuite this. 
Message 116 of 129
latest reply

Good for you e bay is a rio off no seller protection at all screw them 

Message 117 of 129
latest reply

You are 100 % correct on this e bay is a rip off of scammer buyers is all they have the buyer opens a bogous claim and e bay sides with them 

Message 118 of 129
latest reply

Um you sound like one of the scammer buyers on e bay why dont you stop scamming and go on with your miserable life 

Message 119 of 129
latest reply

I've had two buyers that did this to me. They both stated either the item was broken or had a hole in a child's outfit I sold which was COMPLETELY false. I went from 100% positivity to 97.5% positivity due to these clowns. I personally WILL NOT sell **bleep** but decent things and I am completely truthful yet endure people choosing to scam honest sellers just to get the product and their money back as well. This is a major issue on this site. I have contacted Ebay by phone many times alerting them to scam buyers to no avail. You are not alone. As sellers, you are not allowed to leave negative feedback to bad buyers yet accept it from those same people which is very unfair.
Message 120 of 129
latest reply