cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid cancellers

Hey guys I just had a guy cancel a bid he made 4 days ago claiming he entered the wrong amount. It was only a $30 bid on an item that should sell for $50 or more on a good week. Here's the rub. He's also bidding on another of my items. If I'm just not comfortable dealing with him can I cancel his bid and put him to my blocked bidder list? BTW he has only 1 feedback.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Bid cancellers

The heck with it. I cancelled his bid and blocked him out.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

So - yes you can and I think it was a good idea.

This page gives the rules for bid retractions.  At the bottom is a link to report violations which is probably a good idea in this case.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/invalid-bid-retraction.html 

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

On the bid he cancelled...

He may have bid on your item 4 days ago, but then bought/won another one for cheaper.

(or for a similar price but he will get it sooner)

When I had money I used to be terrible for cancelling bids...]:)

Someone would have a reserve, so I would bid $1,000 to find-out the reserve.

Then cancel and say that I meant to bid $100 (which would be below the reserve).

Then I would know the reserve...If it was too high I would move on.

If it was acceptable, I would wait until near the end to actually place my winning bid.

(but all this may be babble and beside the point)

At least he cancelled the bid...  Better than not paying.

But you did good by Blocking him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Ya , I'm with Jane on this one !

I hate bidders who think this site is some sort of video game !!!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

OMA , put your glasses back on......the OP cancelled the bidders bid !!!!!

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Komokwa....

Hey guys I just had a guy cancel a bid he made 4 days ago claiming he entered the wrong amount. It was only a $30 bid on an item that should sell for $50 or more on a good week. Here's the rub. He's also bidding on another of my items. If I'm just not comfortable dealing with him can I cancel his bid and put him to my blocked bidder list? BTW he has only 1 feedback.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Oooooopsy !!

My apologies.......

( got the name of a good optomitrist ??......:8}..)

I was reading...

"

The heck with it. I cancelled his bid and blocked him out......

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

when I block someone will it automatically cancel their bids as well?

Ignorance is bliss
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

when I block someone will it automatically cancel their bids as well?

Nope...but if they get outbid they will not be able to regain the lead bid.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Nope...but if they get outbid they will not be able to regain the lead bid.

thats what i'm looking for.;-)

thanx mint!

Ignorance is bliss
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Someone would have a reserve, so I would bid $1,000 to find-out the reserve.

Then cancel and say that I meant to bid $100 (which would be below the reserve).

Then I would know the reserve.

LOL - I did a bit of that myself.  Makes a "hidden" reserve amount seem a waste of time.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I only ever canceled one transaction and I kind of felt guilty for doing so ,but I got the exact same item for half the cost a day later , so the savings made me overcome the guilt .I hope the seller didn't put me on their BBL as I would buy from them in the future if they have something I wanted.  Not everone that cancels has a  malicious intent sometimes there are understandable circumstances.

I don't do normal.......
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

IMO this is a "double standard" by ebay.> http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-retract.html

As a general rule, you can't retract or cancel a bid. Once you place a bid, you agree to pay for the item if you're the winning bidder.

So let me get this straight, if you bid. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-rules-overview.html

Bidding is a lot of fun, but remember that each bid you make is a binding contract to buy the item if you win. The same is true for Buy It Now purchases. Not paying for an item after you have agreed to buy it has some negative consequences, which are explained in our unpaid item policy.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Ya , I'm with Jane on this one !

Komo - just as an informational aside, I am the "Newt" of JaNewt.  The business name was a play on my late wife (Jan) and my names.  I look somewhat similar to OMA but older and with less hair on my head.  :_|

Jane was my first wife and I'd sooner french kiss a snake than go into business with her.

Newt
Message 15 of 19
latest reply