cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

,99 cent auctions and free shipping. can't make money on this... can you?

ebay encourages .99 cent auctions. free shipping.

several times and recently i sold an item for .99 cents and free shipping.

today it cost me $2.53 to send a small book. this was first class as it was cheaper that media mail. .7oz

when i start listing again i feel the need to inform buyers why i don't start auctions at .99 and free shipping.

recently i have had to explain to a couple of buyers why i charge shipping on a small item.

does anyone have a way that works for you to handle this?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: ,99 cent auctions and free shipping. can't make money on this... can you?

so you charge for handling....

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 31 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Remember the sellers FIRST rule. NEVER sell anything you can not afford to lose!

Electronic devices, especially cell phones, smart phones, i-phones, etc., are high fraud items causing sellers more problems than any other item.

Do Not request feedback from a buyer! The buyer may find your request as bothersome and leave negative feedback.

Even though the option exists in your listing of " No Returns ", unfortunately that does not mean No Refunds !! 

eBay Money Back Guarantee over rides your policy, and almost guarantees that a claim filed against you ( such as a SNAD..) 
                                    will result in the buyer getting a refund without having to return your item to you. 

If you encounter a SNAD filed against you in an open case by your buyer ....

While this is not fair, you can prevent this from happening in the future by changing your auction listings to ' accept returns'.

ALWAYS reply.......RETURN FOR REFUND......and the buyer pays return shipping !!!!!!

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

Yeah but if an item is .99 cents.....but shipping is free.....shipping is at least 1.95 how do they do it ???

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

I am still looking for a puffer coat like your h and m size 4 puffer ; in black or brown size 10 or 12 will,pay top dollar and real shipping

thx Irish princess

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

@irishprincessboston  Hi there, irish...I see that you are new to the eBay posting community so just wanted to give you a few tips!

It's always a good idea to check the date on the post that you are replying to ~ the post/IDt that you replied to is dated 2013 and that seller is no longer selling on eBay.

The probability of a seller seeing your request for a puffer coat in this thread is slim to none so may I suggest that you use the eBay search bar and enter your search words for a puffer coat.  There are over 3000 black puffer coats offered by US sellers for you to choose from.  If you have any other questions about buying or searching, please feel free to ask.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 35 of 35
latest reply