cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm being penalized for late shipments when scheduling shipments on customer-requested days, HELP!

My customers often request that they receive their package on a specific day.  I sell live, perishable marine-life for aquariums, shipped Fedex next day air.  I have a high late shipment rate, that i was only recently made aware of.  AFter a sale, we always contact the customer to find out when they will be home to receive the package etc.  Since we are shipping live items, the customer needs to be made aware of the arrival day, and often they ask for a later shipment.  Such as "please ship it on thursday, i have friday off and will be home to receive it".   So we oblige the customers request and end up with a late shipment defect. I've since adjusted my handling time to 10 days, to account for customers asking for us to wait before we ship.  However, how do i get the late shipment defects removed?  I don't have any negative feedback or poor ratings.  I was incurring these defects by working with the customers to get them their delivery on their desired day, and i'm now penalized for this.   My customer service is the best there is, and i'm being penalized.  please help!!  there must be someway to appeal and get this rating improved, since it's due to my customer's requesting specific delivery days.  IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT I COMMUNICATE SHIPPING TIMING WHEN MY CUSTOMER IS HOME SINCE I'M SELLING LIVE DELICATE CORAL & MARINE AQUARIUM FISHES.  I SHOULD NOT BE PENALIZED FOR THIS AND NEED THE DEFECTS REMOVED.  Thanks for helping

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0