I'm going back to 3 day handling and paid shipping

I'm also raising my prices

I DON'T NEED THIS ANYMORE

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments///1488296012.html#

Message 1 of 266
latest reply
265 REPLIES 265

Re: TRS discount going from 20% to 10% on May 1st

Interesting how Ebay says TRS going from 20% discount to 10% so they can offer us better services...that I probably won't use! That's a nice thank you for a job well done? And on top of that they're raising fees another .15%. Double duty raise for them...confusion for me. I feel like I just got pick-pocketed!!!

Message 226 of 266
latest reply

Well, I guess since they are eliminating third party ads someone has to pay for all the money they lose with that. Lamo. I was just about to get TRS back too. 

Message 227 of 266
latest reply

@namele365 wrote:

new listing tool?

I have never used any listing tools and I sure hope I won't be forced to use one EVER...

@namele365

Either you are using Ebays Advanced Listing Tool, Turbo Lister or another 3rd party listing tool as you do have listings up for sale.  Even if these are GTC that have been up for years, you still had to have listed them at some time, so yes you used a listing tool !!

Message 228 of 266
latest reply

"The shipping calculator still works just fine."

Actually it hasn't been the last couple days for me. If you input say 20 ounces, it would come up with .01 lb, 2 oz or similar. Tonight, I've been defaulted to some sort of weird shipping schedule showing free for all types and allowing first class for 2 lb items. I'd say it's totally BROKEN!

Message 229 of 266
latest reply

I wonder what happens if you set your work day start time to 12:00am and the end cutoff time to 12:01am every day? "Oops! sorry you didn't get your order in today, so we don't have to post until tomorrow."

Message 230 of 266
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

Will eBay's goal be to get all sellers "below standard" to reap higher fees?

Is that what we all can look forward to?

Well, if they do, I'm sure they'll find a way to announce it as "great news for sellers."  😉

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 231 of 266
latest reply

lol, I wonder how you say "Ebay" in Chinese? Maybe they SHOULD just change the name to "ChineseBay."
Message 232 of 266
latest reply

This is crazy, so not only do my fees go up on my only category I sell in, now my Top rated Discount is also being taken from 20$- 10%! I LOVE HOW THEY TRY TO SPIN IT AND SAY THIS IS TO HELP SELLERS, THIS IS WHY THEY DID IT! Thats **bleep**, this is so eBay can make even more money on our business. I wish more and more a different online marketplace was available comparable to eBay. EBAY YOUR GREED is going to be your FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 233 of 266
latest reply

"Those that meet the standards get a slobbery gold badge to wear on their forehead. The rest of the sellers don't, because other than the gift of a discount, that's all TRS means"

Well, THAT PLUS the highly humored theory that being a TRS+ brings higher search rankings in the best match listings...

Message 234 of 266
latest reply

A gift is something given freely.

Imagine explaining to your kids that you expect them to work just a bit harder keeping their room 95% clean everyday even when they are sick to maintain their level of Christmas presents that now they will only get half of.

Message 235 of 266
latest reply

Six months ago, if I bought your $100 item I received $2.00 ebay bucks rebate.  Today when I buy a $100 item I'm now only getting $1.00 ebay bucks rebate.

15 years ago ebay charged less than 5% commission to sellers.  This was the best site on the web and has slowly and steadily gone downhill.  You seem content to have your commissions increase from 7.20% to 8.10% but why?  This site could have been administered by 100 people the last 15 years.  We're paying for their bloated payroll that keeps tweaking and adding unnecessary complexity. 

Message 236 of 266
latest reply

Their profits aren't being distributed to shareholders!   They have spent a lot of money over the years acquiring or suppressing potential competitors...

Message 237 of 266
latest reply

I do think this helps some sellers.... not anyone posting here of course.This will benefit large sellers who are TRS+, increased visability, increased sales, without increased cost. For small sellers this is just another push towards the door. Don't forget big box, very large sellers and a lot of the Chinese do not sell under the user agreement, so this doesn't affect them at all. So increased visability for them with no downside.... and you are paying for it.

It would be stupid for most small sellers who aren't shipping a lot of packages a day to try to keep TRS+. The cost for some to travel to the PO every day for little return is not smart business wise. If I go to 3 day handling I may only have to make that trip once a week instead of every day, a lot less time and money. Some days it really isn't worth the added expense now but come May 1 the discount will seldom cover the expense. That is what I used the discount for (it wasn't extra) it covered the time and expense to make daily trips to the PO.

Does TRS+ get better placement then TRS status? You can be a TRS without being TRS+.

About 6 months ago I started selling on a cite that starts with an "F" and ends with a "book". Different inventory but shocked at how well things are selling, so I have already cut back here. Can't see spending 10 times the effort for 10% of the benefit/profit.

Reminds me of Walmarts recent troubles with their B & M stores. When they started they ruined the local community mom and pop stores then in the last few years, after years of dominance along came the Local community corporate stores that took a huge bite out of there sales. I went to an auction last week, everything nice sold for more then it sells for on ebay. (so why isn't ebay doing better with customers?) A local online auction is getting prices just as good as ebay with a tiny portion of users?!?! and they have terrible buyer requirements.... you can ONLY pick up between 10-2 on Saturday, if you want it shipped they do not ship but will put you in contact with a company that does at an added cost. Payments are very limited... cash or (can't remember if it is Visa or MC but only one), buyer' premium.... as far as older items ebay has lost that market, people are going elsewhere. The only thing I list now are special items that sell more on ebay then locally and junk but the ROI for some stuff isn't worth the time or effort anymore and the extra trips to the PO is now not cost effective.

A lot of small sellers are already losing money so I imagine most of them will continue. They seem clueless it is even happneing. Saw a seller on here not too long ago bragging about their great sales. Sure they had over 200 sales a month but on most of them they were losing money, and with over 95% of their items priced under $20 all the 0.99 auctions and $1 BINs  they were lucky to be making anything net. They were happy with selling an item that weighed 3 pounds for $1 plus exact shipping.... I think most of these type of people don't know, and don't want to know they aren't making any profit already and will continue plodding along, which ebay is counting on.

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 238 of 266
latest reply

@usmc*usnmom wrote:

@namele365 wrote:

TRS Sellers are being punished for something in their control... Working hard to meet standards... There are NO standards for buyers... So yea... punish the seller but not the buyer? hmmm...

Taking away a GIFT is not a punishment. All these discounts and freebies are GIFTS. Gifts that frankly people should be thankful to get when they're given, instead of whining about when they're gone...

FWIW, I agree with your other points.  eBay always referred to the discount, however, as one of the "benefits" of becoming a TRS.

Benefits

You can qualify to become a Top Rated seller by consistently meeting our performance standards for sales and shipment tracking.

Then, once you're a Top Rated seller, your listings can qualify for additional benefits. If your listings offer same- or one-business-day handling plus a 30-day or longer return period with money back option, you get:

• The Top Rated Plus seal (Top Rated Plus seal) displayed prominently

• A 20% discount on final value fees (this applies to the final item price only, not to shipping charges)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html#benefits

So you do your part because you've been enticed by the benefit promised. You receive the benefit, but then for no valid reason, that benefit is cut in half causing you to lose money...I think it's fair to say that qualifies for punishment.

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 239 of 266
latest reply

@tammybiscuit wrote:
Helping sellers..Funny...Like charging commission on shipping cost.. That helps us I'm sure... Stupid

I agree.

I have been wondering if all the pom wavers who spewed the ebay party line about how ebay had to impose the ship fee gouge because of all the abuses, have taken another look at the gouge and realized that it was just another in the fee grabs that worked up to the cut in TRaSh discounts.

(*Bleep*)
Message 240 of 266
latest reply