cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance standard change

My concern and questoins relate to the tracking upload/validation change from 90% to 95%.

If everything goes well, this does not see like a big deal.  I strive for 100% as promised in my listings.

However, there are times that things just don't work like that.

1. I currently have a late shipment/scan transaction that has brought down my percentage.  Customer support has finally admitted that there is a problem on their side and the tracking information didn't get captured on time and caused the late shipment to be recorded on my account.  Even though I can clearly see the ship on time, tracking validated on time right on the order details page,  transation is held against me as a late shipment and CS tells me that it cannot be removed and I should not "worry" about it and to call back if it causes me to lose TRS.

2.  We live in an area that has been hit with some severe winter weather and my carrier has been unable to get to my street on several occassions this winter.  Of course these are minor weather issues that cause me grief but are not serious enough to affect a widespread area.  I was able to hike 1 mile (with packages) to meet the carrier but this is just an example of weather or things out of our control affecting that upload time.

Severe weather, floods ( even in San Jose) happen.  We can do our best but sometimes things happen.

3.  Saturday, I shipped about 30 packages and the carrier picked them up (all orders from Friday afternoon to Saturday afternoon) but it was a new carrier and some of the packages did not record a scan until Sunday afternoon.  Why? I have no reason.  I watched the carrier pick up the packages.  I shipped on Saturday to get a jump on things and I have to worry that they will be counted against me because the scan was not on time? 

4.  Low volume sellers do not seem to have much leeway when it comes to losing top rated seller for late scans or no uploads.  Is this 95% going to unfairly disadvantage smaller sellers?  Is it really going to take only one or two late scans to bump a low volume seller out of trs?  

Ebay, Can you discuss how this is going to work and help me understand this new metric?

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@raquel_bayarea

The thread is a day and a half old and no one has addressed one question I have.

On my seller dashboard I have one percentage for

Tracking uploaded on time and validated Tracking uploaded on time and validated

When I expand it, it is broken down into three parts

Here's a breakdown of transactions in which tracking wasn't uploaded on time or didn't receive a carrier scan. Reason Quantity % Not uploaded at all 0 0.00% Uploaded late 0 0.00% Uploaded on time but no carrier scan 0 0.00% Total 0 0.00%

When deciding to DEMOTE us from Top Rated seller, Just how does eBay break it down?  There is only one scale with the TRS requirement shown (today as 90%)

So could someone please tell me exactly how this works and which percentage the 95% is used?  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 119 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

Thanks for your comments and question. 

You will meet the Tracking Upload requirement by uploading the tracking number within your stated handle time. The validation or scan of the tracking number can take place any time after that even up to the delivery scan.  

Message 2 of 120
latest reply

Why after this Seller Update are there still TWO DIFFERENT METRICS FOR THE SAME THING?

And why does eBay pretend like sellers on VACATION can ship as normal?

Message 3 of 120
latest reply

That is NOT true! I ship every day at 3pm and yet I have over 20 late shipments that were not scanned when we dropped them off at the post office! The tracking is automatically uploaded when we print the label so I should NEVER have a late tracking scan!

Message 4 of 120
latest reply

If I were you I would print a USPS Scan Form and have the PO scan it when you drop them off.

Message 5 of 120
latest reply

Based on what Ebay just said: "You will meet the Tracking Upload requirement by uploading the tracking number within your stated handle time" I should be covered when I upload the tracking info and that is what I disagree with otherwise I would have 100% compliance!

Message 6 of 120
latest reply

Sellers need to have an acceptance scan within their handling time . 

Message 7 of 120
latest reply

Not according to what Ebay said above! "You will meet the Tracking Upload requirement by uploading the tracking number within your stated handle time. The validation or scan of the tracking number can take place any time after that even up to the delivery scan."

Message 8 of 120
latest reply

enlighten me please

@brian_burke_99

@wood0405

Which percentage are you talking about?  Simply uploading tracking is not enough, As I pointed out in the first listing eBay is counting a late shipment for an item that was shipped on time, has validated tracking on time, delivered on time.  And CS tells me that they don't know why eBay is counting it as not having tracking? 

So far this has been a very bad week but having an unjustified false bad late shipment on my record is not helping.  This is the worst time for me to have one more bad shipment on my record.

Message 9 of 120
latest reply

eBay holds us to standards of performance.  We work hard to meet those standards and there are consequences if we do not meet those standards.

And yet, when eBay makes a mistake or there is a glitch, such as the late shipment no tracking that I am experiencing, ebay tells me that there is nothing they can do and I should just suck it up and get over it?

Why doesn't it work both ways?  If you hold me to the shipping performance standard then you should be prepared to fix it if there is a glitch.  Customer support tells me that they can see that I did everything right and have valid tracking on time and I have valid scans on time but for some reason the system (ebay's system) did not pick it up and it was called a bad shipment, no tracking.  (I used ebay shipping labels so I know darn well it was uploaded and tracking was validated within 12 hours)

Telling me that there is nothing you can do is ludicrous.   I did my part and now you should do your part and fix it.

Message 10 of 120
latest reply

AMEN TO THAT!

Message 11 of 120
latest reply

And what about the items that people come and pick up? There is no way to add tracking info so it is judged as late. What about items that I mail first class mail like decals and stickers? Again no way to add tracking so they are added on as late shipments! This whole business about tracking is bad and impossible to keep straight and now they want to drop it from 90% to 95% compliance! Like said above, we do our part to comply and Ebay does not do their part to help us!

Message 12 of 120
latest reply

@wood0405 wrote:

Thanks for your comments and question. 

You will meet the Tracking Upload requirement by uploading the tracking number within your stated handle time. The validation or scan of the tracking number can take place any time after that even up to the delivery scan.  

Unless there is no scan...at which point buyer determines whether seller gets a ding...which is a big contingency that needs to be included in your reply for it to be accurate and complete.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 13 of 120
latest reply

A large portion of our not uploaded / late / no scan transactions are due to local pick ups or items originally listed with UPS shipping being switched to LTL to save the customer money. This puts us below the 95% threshold. Will eBay manually remove these transactions if given evidence that this was the case?

There is also a thread on the powerseller forums that all LTL shipments for some sellers are being counted against the metric. Per eBay, this should not be happening and so far no one has been able to determine what is causing this.

The views expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Message 14 of 120
latest reply

Does this apply to every listing on US ONLY searches?  Or sellers located in the US Only?  Please clarify this statement, in plain English.

Message 15 of 120
latest reply