cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance standard change

My concern and questoins relate to the tracking upload/validation change from 90% to 95%.

If everything goes well, this does not see like a big deal.  I strive for 100% as promised in my listings.

However, there are times that things just don't work like that.

1. I currently have a late shipment/scan transaction that has brought down my percentage.  Customer support has finally admitted that there is a problem on their side and the tracking information didn't get captured on time and caused the late shipment to be recorded on my account.  Even though I can clearly see the ship on time, tracking validated on time right on the order details page,  transation is held against me as a late shipment and CS tells me that it cannot be removed and I should not "worry" about it and to call back if it causes me to lose TRS.

2.  We live in an area that has been hit with some severe winter weather and my carrier has been unable to get to my street on several occassions this winter.  Of course these are minor weather issues that cause me grief but are not serious enough to affect a widespread area.  I was able to hike 1 mile (with packages) to meet the carrier but this is just an example of weather or things out of our control affecting that upload time.

Severe weather, floods ( even in San Jose) happen.  We can do our best but sometimes things happen.

3.  Saturday, I shipped about 30 packages and the carrier picked them up (all orders from Friday afternoon to Saturday afternoon) but it was a new carrier and some of the packages did not record a scan until Sunday afternoon.  Why? I have no reason.  I watched the carrier pick up the packages.  I shipped on Saturday to get a jump on things and I have to worry that they will be counted against me because the scan was not on time? 

4.  Low volume sellers do not seem to have much leeway when it comes to losing top rated seller for late scans or no uploads.  Is this 95% going to unfairly disadvantage smaller sellers?  Is it really going to take only one or two late scans to bump a low volume seller out of trs?  

Ebay, Can you discuss how this is going to work and help me understand this new metric?

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

They are trying to weed out the low volume sellers...Soon, will all come from China...

Message 16 of 120
latest reply

You are so correct.  This is how ebay treats their sellers.

I have been an ebay seller for years and this is just plain CORPORATE GREED.  I can not tell you how ashamed I am of what they are doing to us, the sellers.  Ebay now reports your end of the years totals to the government if over a certain amount they say.  I am not a business.  I am someone selling off my collectibles I have sweated over for years, paid top dollars, selling them pennies on the dollar.  The government is now taking 33 percent of your profits.  Ebay every year makes it harder and harder for the top rated sellers.  They are trying to eliminate them basically.  This new change is a slap in the face once again for the sellers.  We lose so much money from scam artist buyers, and the sellers have zero protection.  No matter what happens Ebay is in the buyers favor always.  I have had many cases over the years and have lost money.  Ebay continutes to take any profits more and more from the sellers.  It gets worse every year.  You no longer receive any promotional sales help.  They have basically eliminated free listings for their sellers.  Use to be 100 free then went to 50.  Use to get promo emails none now...listing are thirty cents a pop.  Wonder why people do not list their items when ebay and paypal and the government it taking almost half your money on your items you paid way more for to begin with when you purchased those items.  I am hurt that Ebay does not respect their sellers, who make this a WEBSITE!  Without sellers you have nothing, yet ebay tries to hurt their sellers more and more.  China and Hong Kong ect are out of control.  I buy items for discounted prices and never get them.  Months go by and ebay winds up refunding the seller, but China and Hong Kong close up shop and collect all the sellers money and skip out on ebay.  Ebay loses also.  I understand that.  But the good sellers have to pay for the bad ones I guess.  Is that the reason Ebay raises their profits with every change?  I am just lost as to why they hurt the sellers so bad.  PLEASE EBAY LISTEN TO US AND STOP LYING TO US!  You update specifically says this..."

Why is eBay making these changes?

eBay Top Rated Sellers have told us they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition."

HOW is this helping sellers?  It is helping ebays profits only.  Charging sellers more money and making it harder standards to sell helps us grow our business? 

STOP ebay.  Help the sellers profit.  Stop the CORPORATE GREED.  You need us, we soon will not need your.  We are reaching out to facebook apps, ioffer, bonanza, craigslist and many others because you are hurting us.  I just need to pay medical bills off and I am having a harder and harder time doing that thanks to ebay taking more and more profits and now the government intervention.  Sad EBAY, learn to respect your sellers.

Message 17 of 120
latest reply

The problem is, if you're not getting USPS acceptance scans, you are counting on USPS scanning it en route or upon delivery, which is not guaranteed. Get the packages scanned when dropped off and that issue is taken care of.

Message 18 of 120
latest reply

So according to this post, we dont' need a scan within our handling time anymore?  Just need to get one that proves delivery on time?  Did this change or am I just reading wrong?

Could you also answer my question from above?  Does this apply to every listing on US ONLY searches?  Or sellers located in the US Only?  Please clarify this statement, in plain English.  Does this requirement/change affect any international sellers that list their items as US Only?  Does it affect every seller that lists on ebay.com?  Please be specific.

Message 19 of 120
latest reply

what if your post office has a history of not scanning upon receipt...will you get credit for the skip when the next scan shows up?

cj
Message 20 of 120
latest reply

According to that post, it has NOTHING to do with scanning upon receipt.  It says uploading tracking.  You can do that 5 min after you sell.  Done.

Message 21 of 120
latest reply

@baggs-2017 wrote:

According to that post, it has NOTHING to do with scanning upon receipt.  It says uploading tracking.  You can do that 5 min after you sell.  Done.

That's what I do and nothing shows as late, even the couple packages that I dropped off at the counter that weren't scanned for days. But then again, I'm not TRS, have no desire to jump through those hoops, nothing to knock me down from.

Message 22 of 120
latest reply

It sure would be nice if soneone from ebay would engage with us.

Why have a discussion board?  There is no discussion going on. 

Just like the new DIng on my Tracking uploaded on time and validated  ebay sets a standard and then leaves us hanging in the wind.

Are you just laughing at us responding to this update and are you ok that we are confused or that we don't understand the metric? 

Or is it like the Customer support rep told me this morning which is basically "Tough and get over it, they can't remove the ding even if it was an ebay glitch"

Message 23 of 120
latest reply

@baggs-2017 wrote:

I did that ... I have the tracking and I have the upload and I show delivery on time.

And yet my statistics are showing the ding in

Tracking uploaded on time and validated

Is it too much to ask for more clarification?  Or are we suppose to "just get over it"

Message 24 of 120
latest reply

The upload tracking metric works the same way it has since its inception, but they have just tightened the wiggle room we have to meet it.

I see the ebay rep didn't offer any insight at all to the change, as if they didn't even realize what had changed.

Message 25 of 120
latest reply

As posted above

eBay staff will be on hand to answer questions here from 8am-5pm PT on 2/28

Message 26 of 120
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

As posted above

eBay staff will be on hand to answer questions here from 8am-5pm PT on 2/28

So WHERE are they???

Message 27 of 120
latest reply

So WHERE are they???

Message 28 of 120
latest reply

@wood0405 wrote:

Thanks for your comments and question. 

You will meet the Tracking Upload requirement by uploading the tracking number within your stated handle time. The validation or scan of the tracking number can take place any time after that even up to the delivery scan.  

I guess if that is the best answer they can come up with, then I see why they aren't bothering to reply.  BTW--I've never heard of a "handle" time.

Message 29 of 120
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@wood0405 wrote:

Thanks for your comments and question. 

You will meet the Tracking Upload requirement by uploading the tracking number within your stated handle time. The validation or scan of the tracking number can take place any time after that even up to the delivery scan.  

I guess if that is the best answer they can come up with, then I see why they aren't bothering to reply.  BTW--I've never heard of a "handle" time.

And we are told to go by what is posted on teh boards by the ebay staff. I'm thinking that someone just needs to correct this, but they are letting it live, so could someone tell me when this changed?  Please?  Before we all start changing what we are doing and then come to find out that it was just a mistake?

Message 30 of 120
latest reply