cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance standard change

My concern and questoins relate to the tracking upload/validation change from 90% to 95%.

If everything goes well, this does not see like a big deal.  I strive for 100% as promised in my listings.

However, there are times that things just don't work like that.

1. I currently have a late shipment/scan transaction that has brought down my percentage.  Customer support has finally admitted that there is a problem on their side and the tracking information didn't get captured on time and caused the late shipment to be recorded on my account.  Even though I can clearly see the ship on time, tracking validated on time right on the order details page,  transation is held against me as a late shipment and CS tells me that it cannot be removed and I should not "worry" about it and to call back if it causes me to lose TRS.

2.  We live in an area that has been hit with some severe winter weather and my carrier has been unable to get to my street on several occassions this winter.  Of course these are minor weather issues that cause me grief but are not serious enough to affect a widespread area.  I was able to hike 1 mile (with packages) to meet the carrier but this is just an example of weather or things out of our control affecting that upload time.

Severe weather, floods ( even in San Jose) happen.  We can do our best but sometimes things happen.

3.  Saturday, I shipped about 30 packages and the carrier picked them up (all orders from Friday afternoon to Saturday afternoon) but it was a new carrier and some of the packages did not record a scan until Sunday afternoon.  Why? I have no reason.  I watched the carrier pick up the packages.  I shipped on Saturday to get a jump on things and I have to worry that they will be counted against me because the scan was not on time? 

4.  Low volume sellers do not seem to have much leeway when it comes to losing top rated seller for late scans or no uploads.  Is this 95% going to unfairly disadvantage smaller sellers?  Is it really going to take only one or two late scans to bump a low volume seller out of trs?  

Ebay, Can you discuss how this is going to work and help me understand this new metric?

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

I have yet to see ebay with new program  for Sellers that get  buyer requested  shipping  package holds, To avoid  late strikes .

Message 31 of 120
latest reply

I think with this new update I may have to rethink striving for Top Rated Plus.

Decrease in discount, a nearly unattanable scan % and nothing to offset?

Might just go back to no returns, increase my handling time.

That would help me more than these new standards.

Message 32 of 120
latest reply

@baggs-2017 wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

@wood0405 wrote:

Thanks for your comments and question. 

You will meet the Tracking Upload requirement by uploading the tracking number within your stated handle time. The validation or scan of the tracking number can take place any time after that even up to the delivery scan.  

I guess if that is the best answer they can come up with, then I see why they aren't bothering to reply.  BTW--I've never heard of a "handle" time.

And we are told to go by what is posted on teh boards by the ebay staff. I'm thinking that someone just needs to correct this, but they are letting it live, so could someone tell me when this changed?  Please?  Before we all start changing what we are doing and then come to find out that it was just a mistake?

I don't think any of the metrics have changed.  They just changed the wiggle room on one of them from 90% compliance to 95% to qualify.

There are still two different shipping metrics as far as I know.  The upload tracking/validated metric (now has the 95% requirement) and the Late Shipment Rate (97% requirement) metric.

What exactly are you asking has changed?

@baggs-2024

Message 33 of 120
latest reply

Amen to that! 

Message 34 of 120
latest reply

What golfing addict typed was scanning, not uploading and ebay's requirement states:

Same business day handling time: If you offer same business day handling, you also have 1 business day to upload valid tracking information. For example, if a buyer pays on Tuesday at 10:00 am Pacific Time, you need to upload tracking by 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time on Wednesday. The tracking number must have at least one carrier scan recorded within your promised handling time.

This does not seem to jive with the answer presented above, as if getting a scan within your stated handling time is the same as uploading tracking, which we know it is NOT.  So you can input tracking and then get a scan anytime now?  The carrier scan within your stated handling time no longer applies?  That is what was asked, but not what was answered. 

Message 35 of 120
latest reply

Getting the acceptance scan within the handling window is one of the ways, actually the best way, to meet the requirement for the "Late Shipment Rate" metric.  This isn't the metric the update is referring to.

The new 95% verus 90% requirement is referring to the "Upload Tracking" metric.  For this one, we must upload the tracking within our handling window and then get a validated scan, which can occur anytime.

I'm not sure why Golfing has a ding because it sounds like they shouldn't.

Message 36 of 120
latest reply

And the blue's answer to that does not even mention the carrier scan within the handling time, so we are wondering what changed.  The blue said that golfing's problem could be solved with teh upload of tracking.  so back to just uploading a tracking number is good enough?

Message 37 of 120
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Getting the acceptance scan within the handling window is one of the ways, actually the best way, to meet the requirement for the "Late Shipment Rate" metric.  This isn't the metric the update is referring to.

The new 95% verus 90% requirement is referring to the "Upload Tracking" metric.  For this one, we must upload the tracking within our handling window and then get a validated scan, which can occur anytime.

Fern:  As see Ebay Failed to roll out new program for dealing with Buyer requested shipping hold request. 

Message 38 of 120
latest reply

@baggs-2017 wrote:

And the blue's answer to that does not even mention the carrier scan within the handling time, so we are wondering what changed.  The blue said that golfing's problem could be solved with teh upload of tracking.  so back to just uploading a tracking number is good enough?

The metric the blue referred to is the one in the update and it doesn't require a scan within the handling time and never has.  It still needs a scan which can be anywhere along the line. That hasn't changed.  

Message 39 of 120
latest reply

@carlmarxx wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

Fern:  As see Ebay Failed to roll out new program for dealing with Buyer requested shipping hold request. 

Which will now result in a seller refunding and canceling due to something, or a buyer asking for something not contained in the listing, or some other buyer blamed cancel, because ebay holds seller to a MORE stringent  percentage. How is it good for a buyer for a seller not to be able to accommodate their request because ebay will punish them for it?  5% of a small seller's business could be 1 buyer asking for a delayed ship.  With these new metrics, that will not happen. So you tell the buyer no, I cannot, because ebay will punish my selling account if I do that, so sorry, but here's your money back. Please buy again when you want it shipped. 

Seems really stupid, but that is reality here.  Disappointing a buyer at the cost of your account.  SMH.

Message 40 of 120
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@baggs-2017 wrote:

The metric the blue referred to is the one in the update and it doesn't require a scan within the handling time and never has.  It still needs a scan which can be anywhere along the line. That hasn't changed.  

The question was re TRS requirements.  That cannot be met with uploading tracking within your stated handling time.  OR by getting a scan of delivered on time, or did that change?

Message 41 of 120
latest reply

@baggs-2017 wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

@baggs-2017 wrote:

The question was re TRS requirements.  That cannot be met with uploading tracking within your stated handling time.  OR by getting a scan of delivered on time, or did that change?

They lowered the uploaded tracking  from 95% to 90% 

Message 42 of 120
latest reply

@baggs-2017 wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

@baggs-2017 wrote:

I saw no change in the TRS requirements other than the percentage to qualify on the Upload Tracking one.

I think you might be trying to squish the two different metrics into one.  There are differences between them but some aspects do overlap.

Message 43 of 120
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for all the questions so far. We're reviewing the thread at the moment and will post updates soon. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 44 of 120
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for all the questions so far. We're reviewing the thread at the moment and will post updates soon. 

We will be waiting .

Message 45 of 120
latest reply