cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Anchor store to Premium..when ??

With this new 75% rate hike to $300 a month Ill be moving back to a Premium store.. At what date do I do that w/o incurring additonlal fees for downgrading as I am getting the "annual" rate currently.. I just looked now and of course the old rates and schedules are all that available.. I have about 2500 listings.. will the additional listings over the "free" 1000 still be .05 per ? Please help..

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@m1goblu wrote:

...  Ill be moving back to a Premium store.. At what date do I do that w/o incurring additonlal fees for downgrading as I am getting the "annual" rate currently.. ..

According to the FAQ: "Sellers with an annual subscription have 60 days after this Seller Update (until June 4th) to change their Store level without a penalty. You may also cancel your Store subscription until June 4th without incurring early termination fees (if they apply). To make changes, please go to My eBay."

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@posting*master wrote:

@m1goblu wrote:

...  Ill be moving back to a Premium store.. At what date do I do that w/o incurring additonlal fees for downgrading as I am getting the "annual" rate currently.. ..

According to the FAQ: "Sellers with an annual subscription have 60 days after this Seller Update (until June 4th) to change their Store level without a penalty. You may also cancel your Store subscription until June 4th without incurring early termination fees (if they apply). To make changes, please go to My eBay."

Based on that answer I should be able to cancel my storetoday with no problem.  I still get the the theats at the top telling me I will be charged if I do.

eBay, when will this work we can cancel without peneality?

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Based on that answer I should be able to cancel my storetoday with no problem.  I still get the the theats at the top telling me I will be charged if I do.

eBay, when will this work we can cancel without peneality?

our_good_stuff Thank you for your questions. Early termination fees are waived from today through June 4th. We are looking into why you are seeing the message at the top that you will be charged. However, be confident that if there is an error and you are charged an early termination fee we will refund the charge.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

will the 1500 "free" listings im losing still be .05 per when I downgrade , as asked in the opening question ?? Thanks
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Ppremium stores are charged .10 for overage, not the .05 charged to Anchor Store owners.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Great question - the insertion fees for listings above the zero insertion fees received for store subscribers will not change. Therefore, if you change from Anchor to Premium your listings will reflect:

Fixed price:

- 1,000 zero insertion fees listings per month

- Then discounted fixed price insertion fee: $0.10

Auction format:

- 500 zero insertion fees listings per month

- Then discounted auction-style insertion fee: $0.15

I have also recived confirmation that while there is messaging regarding the early termination fee, if you choose to change your current subscription there is no fee from today through June 4th. You will see this reflected in both the confirmation and cancellation pages.

Thank you.

Jaime

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

OUCH.. so tell me again how Im getting more "free" listings.. wow..this is just awful...

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

I am on the 15th of the month billing cycle. 

If I downgrade my store to premium on 5/1, will the costs and free listings be prorated from 4/15 to 5/14? Or will the change just start at 5/15?

I need to know how/when to manage my listings, working on reducing them to a level that keeps my fees at or below the current level.

thanks,

Sue

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@m1goblu wrote:

OUCH.. so tell me again how Im getting more "free" listings.. wow..this is just awful...

If you downgrade to a Premium Store and still use 2500 fixed price listings your cost will now be $209.99 instead of the $179.99 you were previously paying (based on an annual subscription) so your cost just went up $30 or  16.67% a month just for the listings.

The only stores that actually did get more bang for their buck are the Anchor stores as they now have 10,000 listings, but since I am sure that most do not come close to using that many, Ebay just raised the price dramatically and also eliminated the free listings that most people counted on.  

Ebay is a publicly traded company who needs to show improvement and has chosen to do so on the backs of its smaller sellers.  What the fail to realize as usual, is these are also their best buyers so when they lose the seller they also lose the buyer and then they wonder why revenues continue to plummet.

On top of that now the cheap junk coming in from China can be classified as Fine Jewelry based on the new rules put into place with this update.  So Weinig once again took care of his pals in China as he has stated many times over that they are the future of Ebay.  Funny part is, somebody still has to buy the cheap carp and less and less people are doing so because they continue to get ripped off by the sellers, the quality of the goods and ebays refusal to force the Chinese sellers to honor the Money Back Guarantee as they do the US sellers.  Ebay cannot force them to print a USPS label and pay for it so its the buyers problem to pay $10 to return a $2 item and then know you will never get reimbursed and Ebay says "Oh Well" as you can't prove they got the item back anyway.

Weinig admitted that he used to send the specs over to the Chinese on hot products and was raving about how quickly they could produce and sell the items on Ebay.  Of course they don;t have to conform to copyrights, trademarks or patents and/or pay royalties to the owners of those items.  But Ebay encourages them to make and sell these knockoffs on Ebay while shutting down US sellers who do not have a receipt to "prove" they bought the item from an authorized source.

But if China is the future of Ebay, what is going to happen when the Chinese have nobody left to sell to in the US because the Chinese don't buy our products and have them shipped over there nor do they buy their own products on Ebay, so how is Ebay going to stay in business when the government finally enforces the Copyright/Trademark/Patent rules that they have so willingly ignored all of these years?

JMHO

David

Twnpopcards

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I hope eBay knows what they doing.

I used to list 3,500 - 4000 listings a month with anchor store. 

Needless to say that only may be 200 items were the sellers, the rest was there just for the show. May be i would sell 1 or 2 a year.

Now i am downgrading to Premium store and will kill 2,500-3000 non sellers listings.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

THE PROBLEM IS:

I only know those 200 sellers because is was listing 3,500 items for the whole year. No one can predict what is going to be seller and what not.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

THEY ARE ALLOWING US TO CHANGE SUBSCRIPTIONS OR DOWNGRADE WITHOUT ANY PENALTY UNTIL JUNE 4............BUT YOU WILL NEED TO DO IT BY MAY 5 TO NOT GET HIT WITH THE NEW FEES. THEY HID THIS INFO IN THE FAQ SECTION SO NO ONE COULD FIND IT.

IF THEY WERE SMART THEY WOULD HAVE ALLOWED US TO RAMP UP TO 10,000 LISTIINGS OVER A SIX MONTH PERIOD BY INCRAESING OUR FREE LISTING BY 1000 AND FEES BY $20 EACH MONTH FOR 6 MONTHS...........I WOULD DO THAT..........BUT INSTEAD THEY ARE TOO STUPID AND NOW MILLIONS WILL BE DOWNGRADING...............AND IN FACT YOU CAN HAVE TO PREMIUM STORES AND GET 3000 LISTINGS FOR $120..............$60 LESS THAN WE ARE PAYING NOW FOR 2500. THE EXECS AT EBAY ARE MORONS.................OVER PAID AND HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING WHEN CHANGES ARE LAID OUT.

TECHNICAL ISSUES  ARE ABUNDANT ON THE SITE AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO RUN OFF PEOPL LIKE US (MEDIUM SIZED SELLERS) WHICH IS THEIR BREAD & BUTTER.

I WILL NO LONGER "FEED THE BEAST THAT IS EBAY BY PAYING THEM $300 FOR AN ANCHOR STORE...............I WILL PAY THEM $120 FOR 2 PREMIUM STORES"

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Isn't the free listings with premium store going up to 1500  from 1000 and then .10 addtional  ??

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Premium is going from 500 fixed and 100 auctions to 1,000 fixed and 500 auctions. Insertion fee is staying at 15 cents for auctions and 10 cents for fixed price.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply