cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get ready Folks. It's coming.eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update

eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y16/m04/i05/s05

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Get ready Folks. It's coming.eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update

@usmc*usnmom wrote:

@points13 wrote:

Wonder if this shipping supply coupon will be worth it. It could offset the increase at least for basic stores.

If nothing else, I'll get some padded mailers. I can ALWAYS use those. So what if they're Ebay branded--I'll just stick my own branded sticker over Ebay if it's not plastered all over the darn thing lol

As a basic store I appreciate the extra 50 fixed price listings. Not sure what I'm going to do with 150 extra fashion/collectible auctions, since in a busy auction month I might use ten Smiley Frustrated

Same; padded mailers are the one thing I can't get free from work. That plus larger boxes that don't have the store where I work's logo plastered all over them, since I'd rather not reuse those for obvious reasons.  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

Re: Get ready Folks. It's coming.eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update

on_isle9
Trailblazer

Seems like they are cutting the server time costs by getting rid of all the flash movies and junk..

Looks like they are giving away for free are the things they should have never charged for to begin with, for the less than $150 items.

I have this 1851 book in very bad condition, I might do one listing for the year to clear out the cobwebs.

i just need to make the item described as bad as much as you possible can, and show the front cover off, and the spots on the pages, and smells like a basement.

That shoudl keep me safe from anyone buying it, but enough to ping my account. Think it's been two years, been selling at another place.

It has gold on it, I need to go look up if they put gold on old books.

Well they are giving away some things for the under $150, but without my control of refunds, or forced return shipping, I still can't use ebay.again.

Less items for everyone to see..
Message 17 of 38
latest reply

I was just about to list the rest of my stuff this week. I have 1,000 items to list from my apartment. Just a short term seller now. Disabled 61 y/o woman and living with my son. Just want to make some extra cash to help him out a little. he gives me rent free. Such a good son. Anyways, over the years eBay fees up, up and away. I can't just give my stuff away for pennies on the dollar because of fees. If I was gonna do that I would donate it all to Goodwill. No way! Ebay wants big businesses to convert their brick and mortar store fronts to a virtual one. I am not a "BIG" business. I am just one old person selling some personal items and such for a little extra cash on the side. So much for that idea. 

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

eBay ignores the fact the many sellers (paying customers) buy on eBay. I see the new review will show sellers names. Just another way eBay allows buyers to defame them without recourse. The flakes will hurt sellers any chance they have.

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

@bradandamber wrote:

eBay Fee Changes Are Part of 2016 Spring Seller Update.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y16/m04/i05/s05

soon 1 will have to be a rocket scientist to list stuff on ebay.

just looked at the new jewelry category requirements and realized, i will have to revise many of my listings.

used to be practical to list in Fashion Jewelry.

the fine jewelry specifics are just nuts.

they are made for jeweler experts not for individuals like me.

all i want to sell is a cute little sterling charm for $6.95 or a pin at $12.95.

once in a while i will list a signed piece for more money.

often this pieces have stones but find it easier to list in the fashion caterory than dealing with the fine jewelry specifics.

if i remove them, then my all selling page tells me i have listings with missing specifics...

(which makes me feel ebay will not show the listing because of it).

just about when i was finally ready to list some gold rings, pendants...

i have been holding them for quite a while now.

most have small stones; (probably not even that valuable).

i don't have a clue what carat they are, or the clarity, or the treatment, or this or that.

same for pearls. i can tell if a pearl is genuine or plastic.

but i have no clue if from Tahiti or here or from there.

i can already see the fine jewelry category being over flooded within the next few months.

letoulousain
Message 20 of 38
latest reply

@points13 wrote:

looks like you start getting the new listing allotments may 1st.  New store fees start may 6th. So they are not waiting till your subscription is up. But they are giving until June 4th to cancel or change your store subsciprtion without penalty.

Wonder if this shipping supply coupon will be worth it. It could offset the increase at least for basic stores.

the store increases for basic and premium are not bad at all...

i have a basic store, can use extra listings every month, was even thinking of upgrading to a premium store.

i just don't like to rely on promos.

for $5 i will get an extra 200 listings...

i have paid more than that in extra listings fees many times since i have the store, and got a lot less listings for it.

letoulousain
Message 21 of 38
latest reply

Am I reading that right?  There will be a flat fee for items over $150. even if you have a store?  Random dollar amount.  Most of these higher end items take months to sell.  I'm not paying $3 a month or give my high end items away.  So what this says is EBay pulls in more revenue from listings then it does from end of sale fees.  

I think I will go over to the big E for high end items.  Which is funny because talking to other people, that is what they say sells on that platform.  Customers on that Venue trust sellers more than on EBay.

I think its 30 cents to list any item for 4 months on the big E.  I have never sold on there before but think it might be time to jump ship.  

You would think they would want cut down on the junky small stuff.  Oh ya that's right they are.  By not giving visibility to all your lisitings.  

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

@4pebs wrote:

Am I reading that right?  There will be a flat fee for items over $150. even if you have a store?  Random dollar amount.  Most of these higher end items take months to sell.  I'm not paying $3 a month or give my high end items away.  So what this says is EBay pulls in more revenue from listings then it does from end of sale fees.  

I think I will go over to the big E for high end items.  Which is funny because talking to other people, that is what they say sells on that platform.  Customers on that Venue trust sellers more than on EBay.

I think its 30 cents to list any item for 4 months on the big E.  I have never sold on there before but think it might be time to jump ship.  

You would think they would want cut down on the junky small stuff.  Oh ya that's right they are.  By not giving visibility to all your lisitings.  

Are you confusing the features?  Subtitles, Bold,listing designer
Example : no change to fee on items under $150.00  over $150.00  subtitles $1.00 for auction $3.00 for fixed

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/features-fees.html

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

Yes I was confusing it.  Thank you so much for clearing it up!

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

@graciejoy wrote:

Ebay is the only place that comes off a bad year and is still facing declining sales for the 1st quarter of 2016 while watching their share prices decline, and still has the nerve to raise prices. LOL  I guess they just do not quite grasp the damage they have done to their own name and site.

Can you image the strategy meeting. O.K. guys, we've run off a bunch of sellers, so what if they were buyers too. We have become the mecca for thieves and scam artists. We have thrown American sellers under the bus in favor of foreign sellers. We have no idea why everyone else on the internet is experiencing record sales, while ours are declining. We'll have to make up the difference, so all of us can rake in millions in take home pay and stock options. How do we do that now that we have no sales? I know what we'll do. We'll charge more. Yeah we're worth a higher price. Sellers really should be paying more to be hidden behind foreign sellers, not found in our broken search, and have their inventory given away to scam artists. 

Perfectly said.

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

I'm surprised this thread is still on the Selling board.

They like to move all the update threads to one place so they can conveniently poof them all at once when they wish.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

I imbed a fair amount of videos to weed out confusion on items that require some know how to use. All this does is create further avoidable problems and questions. Bad move in my opinion, and forces me to again break out the chopping block and sell those items elsewhere.

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

I am a jeweler. I have had an Ebay account for several years. I don't see how a small based person listing on Ebay can compete with the large Brick N' Mortor stores from foreign countries. First of all even I have no way of knowing most of the time which stone is enhanced, treated, etc. Precious metal is easy for me to tell but to the small untrained individual store owner it is not always so easy. People change clasps on necklaces all the time & do not replace them with the same quality clasp. Prices are going up and away. Faster than I can list 1000 items. Sales are too slow & have been for two years. I down graded to Basic & may just close shop altogether as I don't have the time to go in & tweek each listing to Ebays newest specifications. I can see the trend that Ebay wants the small seller to be squeezed out to make room for the "Power Seller" with 10.000 listings.  Im ready to throw in the towel if sales don't improve & rules don't stay consistant.

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

what can i do, my sales have dropped 75 percent, I use to do alot of auctions on expensive merchandise, but have found out that my lisings are burried in a sea of items, and probably because my status is below standard, my items are dead last on page 20 something and never get much recogniztion except for the scammers or bottom feeders. Help me, please

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

what is the bigE? thanks

Message 30 of 38
latest reply