cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Beta - Pricing

Sometimes, when I add a sports card to my Collection on the app, instead of providing a value, I get the message "We couldn't load all of your price data please refresh the page."

I think this is the message that you get when eBay doesn't have any pricing information because eBay isn't finding past transaction(s) in that card. eBay's ability to match cards isn't perfect.

So my response is to find an identical sold card and copy the description to make it easier for eBay to match the transactions. This often works, but not always.  For some cards, even when I try a few different past transactions, I still get the same error.  It is like some cards just can't be matched - even though I am able to find other transactions in the same card on eBay.

Does anyone have any workarounds? I have cards in my collection that eBay is valuing at zero, but I know the value should be higher.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Collection Beta - Pricing

I am dealing with this same issue right now as well. No workaround yet, it seems, and no responses from the dev team yet.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@917book wrote:

Sometimes, when I add a sports card to my Collection on the app, instead of providing a value, I get the message "We couldn't load all of your price data please refresh the page."

I think this is the message that you get when eBay doesn't have any pricing information because eBay isn't finding past transaction(s) in that card. eBay's ability to match cards isn't perfect.

So my response is to find an identical sold card and copy the description to make it easier for eBay to match the transactions. This often works, but not always.  For some cards, even when I try a few different past transactions, I still get the same error.  It is like some cards just can't be matched - even though I am able to find other transactions in the same card on eBay.

Does anyone have any workarounds? I have cards in my collection that eBay is valuing at zero, but I know the value should be higher.

Hi @917book and @lookout_mountain_junkYou may try to review title and remove unnecessary descriptors such as 'free shipping', 'RC' or the serial number counter.

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi Elizabeth - Thanks for your response. That is generally a good practice, but not responsive to the issue here.

I already remove unnecessary descriptors.  On top of that, I actually search eBay's sold listings to find prior sales of the same card.  I change my description to be like those of prior sales.  When I am having trouble, I literally copy word-for-word the description from one or more sales of the identical item.

I don't understand why eBay's system doesn't match my card with the other card that has, literally, the same description. It doesn't make sense. That is the issue here, not deleting things like "free delivery."

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi Elizabeth - Following up again on your response. That is generally a good practice, but not responsive to the issue here.

I already remove unnecessary descriptors.  On top of that, I actually search eBay's sold listings to find prior sales of the same card.  I change my description to be like those of prior sales.  When I am having trouble, I literally copy word-for-word the description from one or more sales of the identical item.

I don't understand why eBay's system doesn't match my card with the other card that has, literally, the same description. It doesn't make sense. That is the issue here, not deleting things like "free delivery."

Message 5 of 5
latest reply