cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay does not care at all about the sellers !

I have been with eBay for years and and just lately been having priblems with them since they decided to start rating their sellers. 

I work a full time job and can only ship items out once a week if I can get to the post office in time before they close.  I recieved an email from ebay this morning telling me that I am restricted from selling because of my low selling standards because of my shipping time. When I put up my auctions I tell them to be patient because I work and cannot ship out every week and I even put it could take up to two weeks to ship.  This is outragious that eBay did this .. I see that alot of folks are having problemswith them lately..

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: eBay does not care at all about the sellers !

I have had an item taken off the selling list 3 times because it was consicered offensive and Nazi related but ebay has the highest amount/volume of Nazi related items ive seen on the net. there was an exact item as mine for 500.00 mine was 125.00 and the word nazi was not used in my ad. But there are Nazi ebay stores that sell very offensive items and they are allowed to sell why not me? ebay tells me that the reason is that the ebay employees dont have time to get to everyones listings and if thier are other items that are violating ebay policy they will be removed as well,.... thats Bull S%^& !!!!!! if ebay employees were to actually do as they say, there would not be an eigth of the nazi era items on ebay... ebay is very unfair!!!!!

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

yes, that is how ebay used to be...

there are always 2 sides to every story and both sides should be able to

tell their side. thats common sense

ebay doesnt have anymore common sense

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I have a proposal and what I think is a pretty good idea.  Awwww...look at the cute newbie with all her ideas...I know, I know...ANYWAY....We sellers are at the mercy of Ebay feedback.  ALL of my negative feedback is from buyers who were too lazy to bother to contact me before they left bad feedback.  I have had to contact numerous buyers after bad feedback to try to fix it even though I explain how reasonable I am in almost all my listings.

MY PROPOSAL IS... That every Ebay seller  contact Ebay somehow email phone...heck stop by their offices if you're close (I would!) and suggest that they REQUIRE BUYERS TO CONTACT SELLERS AT LEAST ONCE BEFORE LEAVING NEGATIVE OR NEUTRAL FEEDBACK.  I realize there are lots of other problems, but I really believe you will see your feedback scores rise if this simple rule was in place.  I'm tired and angry right now, but I really can't see how this would not be a viable option for both sides. God knows they have enough rules for us sellers!

I am a teacher and a Certified Public Accountant.  I am also a top rated seller though I have only been selling a few months. Most of my feedback is so positive its surprising even to me....then.....there are the jerks and the idiots...who just haaave to muck it all up.Yes, I try not to curse and I actually meant muck.

I soooo wish there were somewhere else to sell that treated their sellers with some kind of respect.....perhaps AMAZON!!

Don't worry I'm not getting my hopes up:smileysad:

Sad.... I'm so frustrated after less than a year of selling.  Thanks Ebay for all your support:/

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

I have been a member since 2003 and am mainly a buyer but occasionally I sell stuff with success and in 11 years I only had 1 neg fb listed or anything returned or even complained about, until this month that is.A man boght an item from me and then after HE listed it for more than he paid me for it he turned around and opened a case stating it was not as described and totally unwearable.After he opened the case he pulled his listing but not before I printed a copy of his description and the 3 pictures he took. I posted his listing selling an "unwearable item" along with his email and i was just informed he won and I owe him a full refund.

I'm pulling all of my listings and switching to Amazon, that ruling is sooo ridiculous.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Ok, that is the kind of disturbing story that shakes any confidance one might have in ebay. I can understand a lot of things they do but its pretty hard to give them any benefit of the doubt when you hear stories like that.
Good luck with amazon, though. Their A to Z money back guarantee works along the same lines as ebays!
Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Did he return the item before getting his refund?

The 'totally unwearable ' is at best, hyperbole, but I can understand receiving something you don't like (too small would be an obvious example) and rather than paying for a Delivery Confirmed return to get the refund, listing it in hopes of getting refunded that way.

Was the 'higher price' the selling price plus shipping cost by any chance?

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

because I work and cannot ship out every week and I even put it could take up to two weeks to ship

You need to look at your work schedule and set up your listings as auctions that will end when it will be possible for you to ship within two days.

I am assuming here that you are working shifts and have limited transportation and that you cannot arrange for USPS (or a courier) to pick up at your home.

I do have the luxury of a 9-5 job in a building with a Mail Room. In addition, Canada has lots of corner mail boxes where we can drop parcels as well as Postal Outlets inside other businesses that keep hours similar to the business. (One, in a pharmacy about a kilometre from my home, is open 24/7/365!)

But I recognize that others are not as lucky. One of my Canadian eBay colleagues runs his business from an isolated Northern Ontario village. He has to run his product to the next town over, an hour turnaround, to ship from the PO there. In addition, he works shifts full-time in a gold mine.

He keeps up a 99.8% feedback and 4.9-5.0 DSRs. I am amazed at his stamina.

But think like a customer. She doesn't care about your schedule. She paid good money for her widget and she wants it yesterday. Nothing you say will change that attitude.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply