cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Increase Denied - 15 Yr Member - 100% Solid Feed Back Rating - First sale: 2001

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one that's getting a big old slap in the face by ebay! I requested a simple limit increase from 100 to 200 with a valid reason.  I told them I didn't need the money limit increased, just the item quantity increase.  I have been a ROCK SOLID member since 1999 with 194+ positive feedback.  I have never so much as had a neaturual or negative feedback.  I have NEVER ONCE had any type of complaint filed against me.  I may not be among the ranks of the bigger fish here but damnit, I've busted my ass for those 194 100% postitve feedbacks over 15 years.  There excuse, our system dosn't go back more then three years to check your selling history.  Well let me GIVE IT TO YOU FROM YOUR OWN SYSTEM!!  First Ebay Sale: 2001.12.31, Number of transactions: 82, Sales to date: $9221.48

The reason for my request, not that I should even have to give one with a ROCK SOLID track record over 15 years, is that I am/was moving my established local/Craigslist business offerings to an ebay presence.  I provide service and repairs for mobile devices, laptops, and computers with a focus on USB/Charging port repair and Cracked screen replacment on phones and tablets.  Say I want to offer qty 10 of one service, that limits me to posting of 10 uniqe services.  That severaly limits my full potential of offereings.  

I was DENIED because I don't have enough selling feedback in the last three years.  **bleep** about the last 15 years that includes almost half of ALL my feedback???

Ughh, I am so frustrated with this BS right now.  15 years with 100% postive feedback dosn't mean a **bleep** THING TO THEM!!!

FACTS:

Limit increase request from 100 items to 200 items.

Limit Increase Denied - Not enough sales feedback in last three years.  

100% Rock Solid POSITIVE Feed Back Rating of 194

First Ebay Sale: 2001.12.31

Number of sales transactions: 82

Sales amount to date: $9221.48

NOT ONCE have I ever been reported for ANY TYPE of violation.  

SLAP IN FACE RECEIVED!  Thank you for that one!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Limit Increase Denied - 15 Yr Member - 100% Solid Feed Back Rating - First sale: 2001

You are an occasional seller  with no sales in the past year.

You are working in a high value / high fraud category.

The only thing going for you is that you have no obvious violations. I will accept your word that there have been none.

But you are in the same category as thousands of other new sellers with no recent track record. Policies and practices change annoyingly fast on eBay, and if your knowledge of the current system is questionable, eBay will restrict you.

For example, if you were shipping  a $65 widget to Canada, would you use the Global Shipping Program, First Class International , UPS Standard, or Global Priority shipping?

What do your listings look like on a mobile device?

What is the size of your pictures?

How long will Paypal hold your customer's payment and how does that relate to PP shipping labels?

These all are based on policy changes in the past year.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Limit Increase Denied - 15 Yr Member - 100% Solid Feed Back Rating - First sale: 2001

recent track record my ass!!! I have 15 solid years, What the hell does that count for???  Your saying I could have been a total screw up two years ago and it would be held against me??  BS!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

And FOR THE LIFE of me, has my knowledge ever ONCE been questioned by ebay or anyone else!  So if that's a factor then where are the tests at????  Seem preaty obvious that If I wasn't knowledgable of the seeling guidlines I would have been quickly repramanded!! Not so much as ever even receiving a warning!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I don't see why we can't upload screenshots to them and EMAIL them images of our stats since their billionairish system won't allow them to see all of our hard work!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Your saying I could have been a total screw up two years ago and it would be held against me??

Yes.

And so it should be. You have to show that you are no longer than person. Crossing your heart doesn't cut it.

Seem preaty obvious that If I wasn't knowledgable of the seeling guidlines I would have been quickly repramanded!!

Yes. But all those are changes that have occurred since your last sale on this ID.

So they are changes you seem to be unaware of.

images of our stats since their billionairish system won't allow them to see all of our hard work!

If you can take a screenshot of your stats, then so can eBay. They just won’t consider past performance for occasional sellers.

Then there are the anger management issues. Testosterone poisoning and customer service do not mix well.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Oh this has become so comical!   Thank you for the much needed laugh! 🙂

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You know, If my intentions were to really screw this system, One simple listing for a fully loaded iMac with all the bells and whistles for $4grand would take care of that in a heartbeat.  Not screwing over 100 different people on a $20-$30 sale.  It's just absolutly ridicoulous.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply