cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay doesnt care about sellers!! Ive been sick of it for years

I just had a buyer beg me to sell them a ten year old gaming system for dirt cheap for a " child in hardship" . The console sells for about 80 bucks. I sold it for $35 and said it was old and scratched. The buyer had 28 feedbacks. I have almost 2000. Ebay is not very smart when it comes to weighing out who makes them the money. I buy a lot as well on here. The buyer wanted to return the used item and I had even given free shipping. I guess a child in need needs a nicer item. **bleep**>???? Ebay ruled in buyers favor which is so typical and such a joke.  This is why I moved on to Poshmark to sell my clothing. Nicer community and better policy. I still shop on ebay but I remebered why I hated selling on here. Such a headache and they want brand new for $1!! Thanks for letting me vent. Ebay is sooooooo 90's. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Ebay doesnt care about sellers!! Ive been sick of it for years

His child is sick, his dog has died, his truck ran away and he needs to bail his granny out of county jail.

Never fall for a sob story.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Actually in the nineties they had a much fairer policy. You could still contact them and get answers and on occasion with documents win the fight. Now you can submit a book of proof and nobody bothers to read it. What really hurts is that you can't leave bad feedback for buyers. It used to be helpful to see how many negatives a buyer had. Now they contact you and tell you how they have 100% positive and how it's all the sellers fault that theyy didn't pay. My account is set to block buyers who have not paid for 2 transactions, it's the only tiny advantage I have

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Selling on Ebay in the "90's" was a heck of a lot better. As far as buying - always check somewhere else first. Prices on Ebay have sky rocketed.
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I agree at least in the 90's we could give a neg feedback. I dont even care about neg feedback anymore. They can t hold it over my head.  I appreciate everryone whoanswered on this thread. So sick of Ebaybeing in favor of the persone who spends a $1 and not the sellers who give them all the money!! I sold real Tory Burch earrings and had the receipt from Nordstom. Buyer said theywere fakes??? Ebay was in favo of buyer. So sickening what they do to sellers. ❤️

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Agree with you. It’s because no one reads the emails so any proof you have is ignored
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Welllllll--

In the 90s (I got my first, still active, account in 1998) we paid 25c-$2.00 for a listing, and today we spend from 0c-30 cents.

We paid 25c for pictures- today we get up to 12 free.

Fees for Sold items have risen from 5-7.5% to 7.5%-10% on sales +10% on shipping. (We Canadians also pay 5% GST on our fees.)

Non-US sellers now have the option of listing on our own national sites and using Calculated Shipping rather than Flat Rate for bulky parcels. 

I think feedback should be eliminated completely. It is as misunderstood as Detailed Seller Ratings, which only remain, in my opinion , because it would be expensive to remove it, and possibly because doing so would mess up some other coding. 

There is an arguement, a weak one, that allowing buyers to leave neutral and negative feedback is a Seller Protection. 

Stop screaming at your monitor.

We often see buyers who complain that their seller ignored their complaints even when they left negative FB.  Obviously many think that FB is the way to complain about poor service and worse products. And sellers with hundreds of negs, and FB scores below 95% continue to get sales. 
Those come from the buyers who never found the Resolution Centre. Those sellers kept their payments and keep on selling.

Feedback is not a bug, it's a feature for those bad sellers, allowing buyers to vent without actually having any actual settlement.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I had the same experience. I sold a Tiffany silver necklace pendant. Buyer said silver had turned "yellow" and therefore it was fake. Ebay ruled in her favor without further investigating.

On another occasion, Buyer bought a Gucci silver necklace and complaint it was fake after a week. I told Ebay I bought that item from Ebay 2 years ago and was able to quote the sale date and the then item number. Ebay ruled in my favor. I guess Ebay was afraid that I would complain Ebay selling me "faked" item in the first place.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

The buyers want the Gucci, Chanel and the Tiffany’s dirt cheap and they try to complain to get a partial refund. I’ve had them try and told buyers to send the Louis  Vuitton back to me the . Suddenly the buyers mom wanted it. So many games. It’s not about the fees. Although I find EBay expensive to sell and Poshmark gives free shipping label which is amazing as the buyer pays shipping. I find other companies that do the same thing eBay does are winning in the customer service dept. They also verify items over 500 on authenticity. Sad Ebay favors the buyers. It’s a online garage sale for God’s sakes. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@hotdealsinhighheels

I find EBay expensive to sell and Poshmark gives free shipping label which is amazing as the buyer pays shipping.

The buyer pays the shipping on eBay too.

Even with "free" shipping, the seller's cost is included in the asking price.

The buyer also pays return shipping on Buyer Remorse items, although most buyers are more likely to return for actual problems. 

Sellers are never required to refund without a return, although some will dig in their heels and say No Returns. All that means is that the buyer will be refunded and gets to keep their purchase.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Ebay is making me pay for the return I beleive from their message to me. 😞 Im a realtor too so the term buyers are liars is a good fit sometimes.....LOL.  Its really not the amount its the poor lack of investigation by Eaby. I actually lose money offering the free shipping and do not mark up. I offer it to be nice and more buyers preffer.  It just seems like Ebay wants all buyers happy but not the sellers. I fint their policies to be odd. I know its hard because its millions of transactions but most of my clothing Ive moved to Poshmark.  I find buyers to be less nit picky as well. ❤️

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Free Shipping is adspeak.

It means the seller's cost of shipping is included in the asking price.

Which is cheaper:

A $10 item with $5 shipping?

Or a $15 item with Free Shipping?

How about a $5 item with $10 shipping?

There's no one answer, but the bottom line is that the shipping will be paid by the Buyer.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

femmefan1946 - Always the voice of reason.  Thanks.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

"Being nice" is not a sound buisness practice, especially dealing with anonymous people on the internet. Thats on you.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

YOUR VERY RIGHT ,,, EBAY IS ALWAYS SAYING KEEP YOUR PRICES DOWN , GIVE LOWER SHIPPING COST , BUT I NOTICE EBAY DOSENT LOWER THEIR FEES . ebay dosent mind wasting our time ,i can tell because everytime i call and get a ebay team mate , we have to explain everything to them and  then we are put on hold so the get some sort of answer from their higher up  ( inbetween the two team mates everything get scrambled ,,,,  HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT  ,,,, 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply