cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13 Years and 6,000 Positive Feedbacks & We're Below Standard?

We have been selling on E-Bay for 13 years and have over 6,000 positive feedbacks.  Now we are considered below standard?  We had 4 customers leave glowing feedback then, for some reason, click on the “item not as described” button.  None of these customers contacted us for a refund,  none of these customers left negative feedback in fact our customers love us, its E-Bay corporate that is causing us major grief.  There is no problem with our customers yet E-Bay has (1) dropped our preferred seller status, (2)dropped our listing discounts (in fact we are being charged to list), (3) limited us to 135 listings per month, and (4) directed PayPal to hold our funds for 21 days (they have over $6,000. of our funds now). 

So to recap:

We have been selling on E-Bay for 13 years

We have over 6,000 positive feedbacks

We haven’t had a negative feedback in over a year

We give prompt and full refunds with no questions asked.

We get glowing feedbacks and are known for our careful packing

And for this we get:

Below standard rating from E-Bay corporate

We didn’t receive a personal call saying that there had been a problem and watch our dashboard.  We just got this Bomb dropped on us.

We’ve talked to E-Bay Josh 8-23, Susan and Patrick (Supervisor) on 8-24, Dillon, Jason, and today Spenser and they all agree that we are great sellers but considered below standard by E-Bay.

Unfortunately we built up quite an inventory, thinking we were in “partnership” with E-Bay, and then this happened.  It will take us a while to sell off and get out of this unpleasant relationship.

If you are a Josh or Susan or Patrick at the E-Bay call center just remember if E-Bay will treat a long time seller that has been with them since almost the beginning this way just think how fast they can close and move a your job.  There’s always Houston or Boise wanting to add a center for less $.  Just a thought

P.S. Everytime we pull up our PayPal account there is a banner at the top stating "While you establish a successful history, you may not have access to your money for up to 21 days."  !3 years and we are establishing our successful history?   

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: 13 Years and 6,000 Positive Feedbacks & We're Below Standard?

thats really sad ebay is a bunch of pond scum just like buyers that leave bad feedback for no reason maybe thats who runs the place now the pond scum time to move on like i did theres lots of other places to go espsciallly when youve been paying them $100 or more a month for them to put you out of business viva  1cart and webstores no fees

Message 2 of 54
latest reply

I dont understand, you have 100% feedback! How can they do that to you?!! Sometimes people misclick shooting through dsrs, with 100% feedback that should say everything there needs to be said!

Message 3 of 54
latest reply

We feel your pain.

We also - incorrectly - considered eBay a business partner. We have similiar credentials and recently sent 14 items w/ first class postage in an envelope to save our customers s/h and keep the ridiculous eBay fee on shipping down. As a result, we lost our "Top Seller" discount because there was no tracking (4x the cost). Stupid us, we thought sending/marking sent w/in 24 hrs would be good enough (and ALL positive feedback). Nope. There was a grace period, but despite above average activity for us, it will take 3 mos to get back to the magic 90%. Although we read that they have the discretion to give back status on a case-by-case basis, we never got past the phone center minions. Guess we will let our current auctions end, store up inventory, and look for better "business partners" to market our merchandise until our status is restored.

Message 4 of 54
latest reply

this should be the ebay stupidity section i was shut down after 4 years and cant sell and guess what am almost to top rated seller again duh something new too seems like every time i look at or buy next time i look for item the company is no longer there i just bought something and 5 days after i paid for item ebay says my order no longer exists i have to wait for 10 days after when i was supposed to get item to file case against seller  even though ebay was cause of the problem they obviously dont protect buyers either hypocritical liars

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

listen I've been selling since 1999 on ebay first while in canada now since 2002 in US and have kept same account. I've just moved and have been so busy that I haven;t sold any items for approx 6 weeks. now ebay telling me I have to basically start as new seller with 20 item or 900$ restriction per month. ????? for 3 months then I will be avaluated  again. items I sell can vary and no idea of collector values. this is a terrible stupid way to treat a 14 year seller or anyone else who has 100% feedbacks nearly all that time. For the Security of the buyers they told me. So mad I'm finding another outlet for my items, this is the final straw as ebay  management is  no longer  a quality option. maybe all sellers should get together and take a break (strike) to smarten them up. sure would change their tune..

Message 6 of 54
latest reply

Ebay has gotten so big they no longer need to be concerned about their sellers, it is defiantly a buyers outlet. It has become a nightmare. They treat their sellers horribly by allowing buyers to ruin perfect reputations just because they can. The buyer can give poor feedback regarding shipping cost, even if the price was in the ad to begin with, communication, and they can even leave bad feedback for your ad not having a good description of what you are selling, pictures provide a great deal of the description. If you manage to get a bad feedback score Ebay won't hesitate to place a hold on your funds so you can't get at your money. When the items I am currently selling are finished, so am I. I will never sell on Ebay again.

Message 7 of 54
latest reply

hi, WOW..... same thing happening to me,

power seller, got demoted

100% fb

im looking into other selling places has to be better than this

they are treating us like kindergartners. what a deal

1180 feedbacks over 10 years!! good luck

on ebid you can transfer everything in your store right over and start selling again

to be disrespectted like this is pure abusive'

we all need to sue or something

Message 8 of 54
latest reply

WOW IM NO WHERE NEAR U FOLKS...AS FAR AS AMOUNTS OF FEEDBACK..ANYWAY THIS WEEK FOR ME HAS SEEN REDUCED LISTING AVALIABILITY..NOW ONLY 70 A MONTH ..NOW TONITE HOLD ON FUNDS CALLED EBAY..BACK UP ON THE PHONE...WONDER WHY?CHECK THE DSR..NOT THAT BAD...I WANT TO KNOW WHAT ABOUT THE 3 BUYERS WHO REFUSED TO PAY MAYBE TO U FOLKS 100$ ISNT MUCH BUT FOR ME RETIRED  THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PAY A BILL.WHATS GOING ON??PLZ TELL ME.

Message 9 of 54
latest reply

WHERE DO I TAKE MY STUFF TO SELL HELP!

Message 10 of 54
latest reply

hey, im in shock to,, wow!!

im just looking into

webstore.com

ebid.com

let me know if you end up here,,,,,

im passing the word to my buyers and everyone

good luck!!

Message 11 of 54
latest reply

try webstore its slow but its free tell your reg customers where ur at

Message 12 of 54
latest reply

Instead of going on strike we should do a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT. They have no right to place seling restictions on sellers with excellent tract records, or to place a hold on you getting your funds. They keep our money for the extra weeks in their account gaining interest on our funds. If they are going to do that it should have to be an escrow account that gains interest in our favor not theirs. They need to be put out of business or put back in their place. Ebay is walking all over people and we are letting them get away with it because we are just one person. If we got together on these issues we could do more to make them listen. They are not our business partners, they couldn't care less for us, there is always someone else to take our place.

Message 13 of 54
latest reply

Welcome to business in America! right on, class action suit maybe might shake up the shareholders as this is a company only looking to line their pockets with profit to boost the share price. thats nothing new of course in business of course and we are now vendors who deserve to be used for their gains. Interest of the money they are holding back of the maybe millions of auction results must be tremendous. Not fair to us but great for them. Asking for trouble though and I expect they will have to change tune or only have very large volume sellers left to do their profit margins.  We the little guys are the ones who list unique items which have sold for record amounts giving them the Ebay fame . Wonder they let us fume about it on their site! I'm sure they have someone checking into trouble makers. With their corporate lawyer cache though I still think sellers strike would shake em up fast, although not sure how to get it going. Anyone selling on other sites now? I've got lots of collectables ready to go.

Message 14 of 54
latest reply

think of the interest

Message 15 of 54
latest reply