cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't give feedback to sellers until they give it to you.......

Time and time again, I buy something on Ebay, I pay immediately with PayPal, and the seller does not give me any feedback until after I leave it for him first.

This is agains Ebay policy I am almost sure. A bit ago Ebay changed policy so sellers could not leave "retalitory" feedback, that is giving a buyer bad feedback who paid quickly, just because they gave well-deserved bad feedback for a good reason.

This ruined the feedback system for ebay, making it useless.

Now, apparently most sellers simply hold off on giving feedback as long as possible. Are they hoping the buyer gets tired of waiting? Are they hoping the buyer simply slips up and leaves it before they are supposed to?

Whatever the reason, there is no GOOD one for not leaving positive feedback for a buyer that pays lightning fast with PayPal. The buyers job is done at that point, and done very well.

Then it is up to the SELLER to pack the item well, ship it promptly, and have the item be as described in the auction.

If the seller screws up or sells something that is not as advertised, then they damn well deserve bad feedback so that the next buyer can be informed of the bad apple.

So in a nutshell, if you are a buyer on ebay, lets start holding that feedback back until the seller does what they are supposed to for a prompt-paying customer. And if they do not leave feedback, lets report them to Ebay so the feedback system is not compromised as it once was, and so buyers can be properly informed of a sellers performance when they are shopping.

Thanks
Message 1 of 425
latest reply
424 REPLIES 424

If a seller does not give me feedback, say, within a week after I pay, then seller can be sure I won't become a returning customer. My education told me to say "thank you" whenever I get paid. And on ebay the way to say "thank you" is some nice feedback. It costs nothing. Folks who are not polite, will meet with dr Karma.

BTW: Dont get fooled by my current feedback score, this acct is a rarely used backup one 😉

Message 406 of 425
latest reply

my problem is i am a buyer only on ebay i have 100% feedback but i always pay on paypal as soon as i decide to purchase (immediately) i always give my feedback as soon as the package arrives. now i sit and wait for my feedback what have i done wrong i paid immediately. gave feedback the day the item arrived. Now should i wait until i get my feedback before i leave his? I have even had sellers write on their invoive "I will leave your feedback as soon as you leave mine? or even just ask for good feedback. They threaten to leave bad feedback if i leave bad feedback even though i paid on time  etc etc

Message 407 of 425
latest reply

buying feedback with some of the sellers i have had them tell me i will leave yours after you leave mine
Message 408 of 425
latest reply

This is all **bleep**. I was happily using eBAY almost since its inception.
Suddenly, it all changed where Sellers stopped giving feedback INSISTING the BUYER give them a positive BEFORE even laying eyes on the item purchased. They used to say "Thanks for the quick payment" on so on, giving other sellers confidence the buyer was to be trusted he/they were above-board and not deadbeat bidders signaling others sellers the buyer was trustworthy. After this became standard across the board I bailed and buy elsewhere. Somewhere the process flipped in the seller's favor inflating their positive feedback. I do not trust that almost every single seller has 98-100% positive experiences. THAT is impossible on its face.
Message 409 of 425
latest reply

It is already far too late as it has become standard practice for SELLERS to hold back feedback. And just look, the far and away majority have 98-100% positive feedback and that is because BUYERS are afraid to receive negative feedback. It is also almost impossible to achieve w/o the way they have changed the process.

I have bailed from EBAY and buy elsewhere where I am not a hostage to post positive lest I get I get a negative FB before I even see the item. That is when the SELLER deserves his response. They have turned the process upside-down/backward.

Message 410 of 425
latest reply

As a seller-most buyers do not even acknowledge they bought anything from you-that the package arrived safely- forget they even liked it. From wrapping it up-driving to storage to get it-driving to the post office-some effort went into getting your stuff to you on time. So sorry if I'm slow with the feedback!
Message 411 of 425
latest reply

Is feedback etiquette still a controversy?

Nope.

"Leaving feedback for your buyers is a great way to say thank you. We recommend you leave feedback for your buyers as soon as they've paid – they'll be more likely to leave feedback quickly for you in return."

Source: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/leaving-feedback-buyers?id=4078

Message 412 of 425
latest reply

In my opinion, as a seller, a transaction isn't complete until the buyer is satisfied.  Feedback from the buyer FIRST confirms that.  I'm not going to leave feedback for a buyer first just because they paid for an item, only for them to turn around and complain about... (fill in the blank).

Message 413 of 425
latest reply

In my opinion, as a seller, a transaction isn't complete until the buyer is satisfied.

....so, when a buyer sends a plain message confirming that the transaction was satisfactory, what's your move then?

Sellers who value getting +1 attaboy  feedback more than getting paid are actually selling little bits of their self-worth. Hence the inability to deal with somebody they don't even personally know or care about occasionally leaving a negative comment. These sellers should should drop the facade and just list items in exchange for positive feedback. Will gladly be a top customer!

Message 414 of 425
latest reply

I agree totally with this statement. I just left a seller a positive feedback but they left nothing. Much to busy I guess. I would take it back if I could. I did this by mistake but won’t happen again.

Message 415 of 425
latest reply

You are incorrect.
When a buyer pays for an item the buyers part of the transaction IS over! Ask any lawyer.
Message 416 of 425
latest reply

I know it sounds harsh but I think EBAY should block buyers from posting feedback until the seller leaves feedback. That will put a little fire under the seller's butts to straighten out.
It hurts a seller to not get feedback. Who needs who?
There are plenty of sellers on EBAY. Why give your business to someone who has no faith in their product? If a seller is confident in their product and service then they will leave immediate feedback upon payment. When they don't that's a red flag.
As a seller I always give feedback immediately. If a disagreement comes up after delivery then that has absolutely nothing to do with the customer paying on time and should not in any way affect the buyer's feedback.
Message 417 of 425
latest reply

Whoa!  This thread has been going since 2009??

Gnarly!

Judge not others by your own limitations
Message 418 of 425
latest reply

Something tells me most of your sales are also to Americans. That is why the majority of the feedback not being left is also from Americans. The website was also founded by Americans and without them you wouldn't have an E-bay to use at all.

Message 419 of 425
latest reply

You understood just fine. It is unnecessary for you to act like a child to get your point across. If you truly don't understand what good feedback is for...You might not be intelligent enough to post an answer to the question at all.

Message 420 of 425
latest reply