cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is heading toward oblivion.

Scores of Asian companies have set up shop all along our coastlines ports, stocking rented warehouses with inferior merchandise,  to provide a cheap product for our naïve citizenry. This will eventually shut down the little Ma and Pa sellers ability to stay afloat.

The clock is ticking and our government's watchdogs have their heads in the sand.

I'm hardly a rocket scientist, but I've noticed through my interaction with Amazon, that they have a much better handle on this issue.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Don't buy from them.

Until enough buyers stop buying cheap Chinese items, this will keep increasing - supply and demand

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I am not quite sure what you mean by amazon has a handle on it

thye do nt have a handle on sales in China since Amazon stopped selling there a few years ago

thye do the FBA thing but they could not compete with the other Chinese sellers and gave up.

amazon no longer sells its own products in China

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@uncomonsense wrote:

our naïve citizenry

I'm with downunder-61

I routinely get questions from buyers asking if an item is made in China or USA. It is clear that many (admittedly not all) of my customers are avoiding anything made in China.

Many years ago I bought belt buckles from a manufacturer in Singapore. But my buyers artitudes have changed and I now make it a point to buy from US manufacturers even though they cost a bit more. I still have some of the old Chinese buckles, but the US buckles are selling just as well.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

A "Handle" on it. Hmmm. Over two thirds of new sellers on Amazon are Chinese sellers. Do you think that they're selling American made products?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 5 of 5
latest reply