cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

I have reached a new all-time low, one sale in the past 14 days, I know the cheerleaders are going to say it's my fault, my inventory, my this, my that, BLAH BLAH BLAH, & to those I say you are Very Wrong!, This has become a pitiful place to try & conduct your own business under someone else's rule of thumb!, It's really a shame, This is not the ebay I signed up with, promising to Help you build your business, Now they do everything but!, Empty Promises, Comment if you want, I may not comment back, What I do know is when it is time to renew my store,I will not, & In fact I may just shut down completely & box it all up & take a nice long Hiatus from this Maniacal Madness!

Message 1 of 298
latest reply
297 REPLIES 297

Re: New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

So ..... it looks like the next time I really need help with something and want to make sure everyone reads the post and offers some kind of input, I should include "no replies needed" in the title.  Got it!  

Message 196 of 298
latest reply

Meh, I just find it to be the repetitive complaint of wanting eBay to run their business for them.

They say this isn't the service they signed up for, but I don't see them leaving for a service they are signing up for.

Mercari is a joke, and the Mercari cheerleader got duped by a company that has manipulated increasing fees. 'No fees, now you can lower your prices' Also we are adding a 2 dollar fee to extract your money.

They didn't eliminate anything, they shifted the burden of one and added a new one.

But I guess some sellers not seeing a fee makes them feel good even if the item is selling for less and with the fee I'd make more profit selling on eBay.

Message 197 of 298
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Are we at the cat photos stage yet? I mean, we've got all of this real estate, we may as well use it.

catcat.gif

@chapeau-noir 

Now it would be complete ...

Kitchen SinkKitchen Sink

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 198 of 298
latest reply

A lot of buyers are moving on to other selling platforms to get away from the eBay and the ridiculous politics/rules. I have started cross-listing to other platforms due to the same **bleep**. The others aren't as popular and trafficked, YET. The more eBay weaves their ideology into other people's business, the more this place will decline.

When a corporation shows you that they are untrustworthy, believe them.
Message 199 of 298
latest reply

Ideology?  Pretty sure they have the same ideology as other businesses.  

Message 200 of 298
latest reply

If you think the woke ideology that permeates the management of left coast companies like eBay doesn't play a huge part in the way they run their businesses/treat people, I've got some oceanfront property in South Dakota to sell you. 😄

When a corporation shows you that they are untrustworthy, believe them.
Message 201 of 298
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@movieman630 wrote:

All I can say is Throttling is very real and very disheartening.  Ever notice how you can have a big sale day and then a couple days of low to nothing sales after?

It's not "throttling," the exact same thing happens all the time in B&M retail. It's not unusual for my B&M job to have a $12,000 sales day followed by a $3,000 day. Sales constantly fluctuate depending on who comes into the store that day and what they decide to buy.

Yeah, it's throttling.

Message 202 of 298
latest reply

@movieman630 wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

It's not "throttling," the exact same thing happens all the time in B&M retail. It's not unusual for my B&M job to have a $12,000 sales day followed by a $3,000 day. Sales constantly fluctuate depending on who comes into the store that day and what they decide to buy.

Yeah, it's throttling.

No, it's not. I've worked B&M retail for years in multiple different stores with totally different product types. I've seen the exact same ups and downs in sales in every single one.

Message 203 of 298
latest reply

I find it odd that people think that an average sales day should be the floor.  Any big sales day is because the seller is doing something right, and anything less than average is from throttling.  It makes zero sense.

Message 204 of 298
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@movieman630 wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

Yeah, it's throttling.

No, it's not. I've worked B&M retail for years in multiple different stores with totally different product types. I've seen the exact same ups and downs in sales in every single one.

@yuzuha 

I tend to agree with @movieman630  on this one, especially for internet venues and that is not just this one.  I know what dips in sales are but to experience a 2 year slow steady decline in sales is not a dip.  "Throttling" is just the term used but the fact is that listings visibility is manipulated.  When a venue has 1.7 BILLION listings worldwide they can suppress, hide, bury (or whatever one wants to call it) listings in an attempt to have Sellers panic thinking they have to do "something" to get sales moving again.  Well that "something" takes the form of high advertising fees, be they on the site or "offsite" ads, etc.  Or maybe send coupons or slash prices and thus slash profit.

Now, don't get me wrong, since venues do not manufacture anything their main source of revenue is from fees ... so to increase their own profits they have to find ways to increase fees. 

I used to be able to have 400-500 listings when the account was growing ... then it all changed in early 2022 when PLA was fully launched, Views counting changed and PLS "suggested" rates doubled and tripled virtually overnight.  Sell through rate increased to a point that I was forced to move inventory off the venue to "elsewhere".  Now I have less that 300 listings.  And it is not the economy, if it were I would be rolling in surplus inventory acquired at ridiculously low prices ... and that is not happening, nor has it happened since Covid.

So at the end of the day venues have their targeted desired fee intake on each transaction and Sellers have to work within their own profit margin pricing structure to make a go at selling.  If the two match great, if they don't then other business decisions have to be made.  I am now in a transition phase and this year am slowly changing what I sell on eBay, which is my preferred venue.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 205 of 298
latest reply

@g00dies4saleonline wrote:

If you think the woke ideology that permeates the management of left coast companies like eBay doesn't play a huge part in the way they run their businesses/treat people, I've got some oceanfront property in South Dakota to sell you. 😄

What is your understanding of what the term 'woke' means?

Message 206 of 298
latest reply

Do either of you have actual evidence of throttling outside of a horrible argument that some days it's slow and some days it's busy?

You are free to theorize that eBay has such traffic limits and throttles users based on them but if you can't provide any actual evidence then I'm just going to pass on your theories.

When I walk outside or fly in a plane the ground always seems pretty flat. 🤔

Message 207 of 298
latest reply

My point was that if you initiate a chargeback on Mercari, your account is terminated. ebay allows these scamming buyers to open chargebacks galore, Mercari does not.

Message 208 of 298
latest reply

The pace of replies on this thread is slowing - we need to step it up here and keep it rolling.

Rollerblading_nuns.jpg

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 209 of 298
latest reply

You know what throttles on eBay...

This forum.

Make me wait so much because I've refreshed too much. -.-

Message 210 of 298
latest reply