cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEVER SELLING ON EBAY AGAIN!!

I SOLD A ITEM ON EBAY FOR 29.00

IT TAKES 21 DAYS FOR FUNDS TO BE CREDITED. 

I HAD TO COME OUT OF POCKET FOR THE 41.00 SHIPPING - WHICH WOULD BE REIMBURSED IN 3 WEEKS WHEN THE BUYERS FUNDS GOT CREDITED

THEN EBAY CHARGES ME 8.00 FOR SELLING THE ITEM

SO I HAD TO PAY 41.00 OF MY OWN MONEY TO SHIP IT, THEN PAY EBAY 8.00 OUT OF MY 29.00 TO SELL IT.

NOT WORTH THE OVER CHARGING .. EBAY IS ALL ABOUT THE BUYERS

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: NEVER SELLING ON EBAY AGAIN!!

The hold on funds and the fees are not big surprise hidden. Have a tiny bit of sense when jumping in to the pool. IT ISN'T FREE!!!!!

Use your skills to investigate whether or not you should list an item on eBay. You managed to find the on switch on your computer or dink the phone app. You should be able to figure out how to read the terms of service.

Radine

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I think ALL buyers should be forced to sell a few things on ebay so they know how hard and sometimes nearly fruitless it can be.  After experiencing some of the difficulties and hard work it can be to make even a few dollars, perhaps they wouldn't be so fast to leave harsh feedbacks and DSRs for sellers. 

All new sellers have funds held for a period, so the Scammers aren't as able to sell something, empty out the PayPal account, NOT ship anything at all, and flee.  Now the buyer's money is held until the item is received by the buyer and ebay knows everything is fine. 

And the fees?  Yes, there is a charge for selling your items here, just as there is a charge for selling your items at an auction house, etc. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@tha.pimptress wrote:

I SOLD A ITEM ON EBAY FOR 29.00

IT TAKES 21 DAYS FOR FUNDS TO BE CREDITED. 

I HAD TO COME OUT OF POCKET FOR THE 41.00 SHIPPING - WHICH WOULD BE REIMBURSED IN 3 WEEKS WHEN THE BUYERS FUNDS GOT CREDITED

If you went into business with a B&M store, you would be required to put up some of your own money.  Even a small business loan would not cover your expenses 100%.

THEN EBAY CHARGES ME 8.00 FOR SELLING THE ITEM

You would have overhead at your business like rent and utilities.

SO I HAD TO PAY 41.00 OF MY OWN MONEY TO SHIP IT, THEN PAY EBAY 8.00 OUT OF MY 29.00 TO SELL IT.

NOT WORTH THE BS!! OR THE OVER CHARGING .. EBAY IS ALL ABOUT THE BUYERS

Ebay affords you the opportunity to sell your wares for a minimal charge. 

You probably net much more than you would at a garage sale.

Not selling on ebay is a choice you make for yourself.  No one cares but you.

Do you care if I sell or not? 

btw - netiquette says that using all caps to write is considered yelling

and none of us likes to be yelled at.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

This ain't yo Momma's eBay...Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

IF I WANTED TO GO IN TO BUSINESS WITH A B&M STORE I WOULD - IF I WAS MAKING THIS IN TO A BUSINESS ID EXPECT UPFRONT COSTS, BUT I SOLD ONE ITEM AND ALOT OF HAGGLE, NOT WORTH IT.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

So there should be exceptions to the rules for those only selling one item?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

If I only had a bid everytime someone said that.   My items would go through the roof

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Let a Trading Assistant do it for you!: http://ebaytradingassistant.com/directory/index.php?page=home however you probably be charge for their labors

ebay Seller Information Center; http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/index.html

Upfront charges

Everyday Rate Plans: http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/howtosell/everydayrateplans.html

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

lpromised
Adventurer

So YOU jumped right in and did not test the waters and YOU got burned. Sorry that happened to YOU Woman Sad

You put me on what? Thank you!
Smiley
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

What about those that only sell 2, 3, 4,5, 6 items and so on  into infinity?  These people are special too!

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

My point was: you are essentially in business for yourself if you sell on ebay.
Just like if you owned a b&m.
And in both scenarios there are up front costs, holds on funds, etc.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Ha ha, wasting time, emotions, and hard earned money, skills, iPhone internet allowance fees, eBay fees, PayPal demands that you register your current bank account details, new seller limit, not allowing you to accept international listing, taking £20 plus if you set a reserve price on an auction style listing, whether it sells or not. You lose your mind, unscrupulous buyers, seeing you coming who send you demands with menaces cos they threaten you. Welcome to hell. Oh well, the customer is always right. Just play them at their own game. Sue them, threaten them, ask for their bank account details, address, age, sexuality. The miserable bunch of scum. Decent people with no money to spare sell out on eBay. Just set up loads of accounts cos eBay encouraged this. I love eBay. Glad you should shout. The eBay bot is all upset. Awww, sensitive little flower.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply