cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Re: I can't leave negative feedback???

I've been buying from Ebay for yeeeeeaaaars! Many times, all has been peachy. There are definitely the occasional moments where I buy something and it's DOA or stale, un-useable etc. I have tried to contact the seller (I pay IMMEDIATELY and NEVER complain UNLESS there is GOOD reason!) What do I get? Ignored from certain sellers, is what. I'm kind and ask for help, but I get no response back. The only time I do get a reply is when I've waited too long for a helpful response, and end up opening a dispute on Paypal. And when the sellers finally reply, boy do I get a HORRIBLE attitude or what?! Luckily, Paypal has always favoured myself...but seriously. There are SO many good buyers out there who used to be afraid to leave negatige feedback incase they'll cop one back FOR NO REASON! Just because the seller would crack it at the buyer for leaving neg fb. The seller would use it as revenge, even though the buyer actually did everything right. Sorry sellers, but I agree with the person who said that a lot of you brought it upon yourselves. We buyers, were sick of getting walked over.
Message 256 of 691
latest reply

Hint: Do NOT mention anything about Ebay or Paypal case or claim, that will violate the feedback policy and smart sellers could get it removed.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 257 of 691
latest reply

@zyonite wrote:

You know, as much as you can get emotional because buyer refused to work with you over problems, letting out your anger on a reply and calling the buyer a 'psycho' makes you look just as bad, not really professional if you ask me.

@@buttecreeksilver You don't, you just need to know that you're safe from everyone with two or more in a whole year, that's plenty of protection right there. Also, Google is your friend when it comes to finding your perfect selling venue, best of luck.

A reason why strikes are not shown publically is probably to avoid discrimination and preventing more wars where sellers get negative for backing out of a sale because buyer has at least one strike.

I really do not care.  When someone sending you harassing email after email calling you names, typing all caps, because you do not give them FREE MONEY, they are a psycho.  I was basically being extorted by this lady to give her more money on top of what she paid initially, and of course this was reported to eBay, and my negative still remains, even though they can see all of the messages etc.  I now have a guy complaining to me about an item he purchased, stating it does not work.  Well the title of the auction states it does not work, and the description says it does not work.  But hes throwing a fit over me sending him a not working item.  This is one reason why sellers need to be able to leave appropriate feedback on buyers.  Sorry, but the buyer is not always right. 

Message 258 of 691
latest reply

@zyonite wrote:

Yes, buyers are not always right, but negative feedback is not the answer, it does nothing but giving sellers satisfaction of being able to take revenge 

Ebay is improving the situation with all that feedback updates allowing negative feedbacks to be removed, be patient and do not breach their trust by introducing your rule-breaking 'workarounds'.

You are contridicting yourself.  Saying buyers are not always right, in return, basically saying the only reason sellers leave negative is for revenge. 

Message 259 of 691
latest reply

Wrong, explain why you insist on leaving negative feedback when you can choose to leave no feedback (and file UPI or whatever protection you have + report buyer) instead? It's either to retaliate or use it as a deterrent (if you leave me negative I will leave you negative and smudge your records) to avoid receiving negative feedback. Many sellers are more skeptical about trading with people with less-than perfect records (1 negative = no business), buyers still deal with sellers with 85% or above feedback in some cases, especially repeat buyers that know the seller long enough to realise the negatives are given by PITA.

Again, if you want to help other sellers out you file UPI and issue strikes to non-payers, protection without your attention at having to read feedback history, it notifies you if a non-payer is blocked from bidding on your purchases, that's when you know other sellers have helped you out by having Ebay issuing them strikes.

They may reconsider it if no sellers on Ebay have overall 5DSR because of abuse, but until then it shows that you don't have what it takes to be better than other sellers who cope with it just fine and getting 5 star positive every time.

PS: I wish negative privilege will never be given to the likes of you, accusing your buyers to be at fault for problems and even calling them 'psycho'.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 260 of 691
latest reply

@zyonite wrote:

Wrong, explain why you insist on leaving negative feedback when you can choose to leave no feedback (and file UPI or whatever protection you have + report buyer) instead? It's either to retaliate or use it as a deterrent (if you leave me negative I will leave you negative and smudge your records) to avoid receiving negative feedback. Many sellers are more skeptical about trading with people with less-than perfect records (1 negative = no business), buyers still deal with sellers with 85% or above feedback in some cases, especially repeat buyers that know the seller long enough to realise the negatives are given by PITA.

Again, if you want to help other sellers out you file UPI and issue strikes to non-payers, protection without your attention at having to read feedback history, it notifies you if a non-payer is blocked from bidding on your purchases, that's when you know other sellers have helped you out by having Ebay issuing them strikes.

They may reconsider it if no sellers on Ebay have overall 5DSR because of abuse, but until then it shows that you don't have what it takes to be better than other sellers who cope with it just fine and getting 5 star positive every time.

PS: I wish negative privilege will never be given to the likes of you, accusing your buyers to be at fault for problems and even calling them 'psycho'.

You are right, I WILL accuse buyers of being at fault.  Someone keeps a game for 40 days, claims it dont work, they send it back, I give a refund, test the game, works fine, then they ask for more money on top of it, and when I wont give them more than they paid, THEN I get a negative.  As far as im aware, you purchased the game, played it, beat it, then 40 days later decide you want your money back.  I had a buyer buy a bit to open game systems.  Clearly stated this was for the GAMES and not the SYSTEM.  I get rude and hateful emails saying that its MY FAULT that he purchased the wrong item, then get a 500 word lecture from the guy about how I need to do my listings.  The 30 other people that purchased the item before him had no issues, because what the item was is clearly stated.  And today, I sold a game, in the title it says NON-WORKING, in the description it says "DOES NOT WORK".  Then, I get a rude email from them because they get the game and it does not work.  THIS is why you leave negative feedback for buyers who clearly do not read what they are buying and send rude and harassing emails.  You have people who dont know what they are buying, then leave you negative feedback.  What recourse do you have?  You cant file a dispute for them not to pay.  The negative would let everyone know what type of buyer you are dealing with and they should be aware of what kind of stunts they try to pull.  The seller either has to suck it up and take it, or ignore it. Thats our only 2 options. UPI does no good if they paid for an item. 

You can have a buyer that buys everything they want, constantly claim an item dont work, get either a partial refund etc, over and over, and you look at their feedback and they appear to be in perfect standing.  Then once they have your email, since it is shown on PayPal, they bypass ebays message system and email you directly with demands.  Then when this is reported, its he said she said, and nothing is done about it.    Sellers need a VISIBLE way to spot bad buyers, and these bad buyers need to be brought out in the open if they ever decide to sell an item so the other buyers know what type of person they are dealing with.

Message 261 of 691
latest reply

Could someone perhaps explain why EBay has made it this way?  I started selling in 2003 and I never had to deal with nonpaying bidders, not even once.  I just started up again and I'm now dealing with THREE bidders who won't pay and won't respond to messages.  I just left negative feedback for a buyer because I didn't know it wasn't allowed until just now, I noticed many other sellers had done the same for this buyer.

I just don't get it.  I guess EBay figures there's an endless supply of sellers and so they just don't care, but feedback really only matters for sellers....if a buyer got too much negative feedback they could just create a new ID/account.  But sellers work for years and years to build a reputation and our rating can be ruined by just one or two psychotic buyers.   It just makes no sense, perhaps someone could shed some light on this ridiculous policy.  

Message 262 of 691
latest reply

Your comment left me scratching my head.  I sincerely hope that you aren't in the habit of placing winning bids and then not paying. Personally I don't feel that there is any excuse for doing that, but that's only my personal opinion.  It is an incredible inconvenience when a winning buyer does not pay and never responds to communications.  Sellers have to open a case in order to get the final value fee credit, which can stretch out over a week or more.  That whole process of filing a claim and relisting an item takes time, and time is money.  I find it incredibly taxing and stressful, again that's just me, some people might just consider it one of the "costs of doing business."  Some buyers just lack respect and consideration for others, but it's no different in life in general I guess.

Message 263 of 691
latest reply

I'm giving up on selling with ebay.

Had 3 problems in last 10 days 1 non payer and two reporting item damaged. One I refunded without getting it returned as it was only £5. I've had non payers swearing at me, and now a damaged item which i am guessing they have done as there wasn't an instruction manual for a video recorder which a never claimed there was. Buyer has 1 feedback 😕 I have my filters set high to keep out the bad buyers but I still seem to attract them. This and all the high fees and postage charges these days, it just isn't worth it. I'm going to give me stuff to the charity shop or use the local free ways to sell.
Message 264 of 691
latest reply

eBay member since 2001 here. I just had my first deadbeat buyer last week. I gave them a week to pay, then opened a case and had to wait an additional 4 days to close it. So I lost 11 days total waiting for them, and now I learn that I can't even show it on their feedback profile? That's just wrong. I understand the changes eBay made to the feedback system to prevent retaliation feedback but this is just ridiculous. Someone wronged me, I should be able to leave feedback for them. 

Message 265 of 691
latest reply

ill join the suit if you start it

Message 266 of 691
latest reply

I agree You should be able to leave negative feedback for Unreasonable Buyers. I had someone buy a rare vhs movie that's htf for 24.95. And they left me unrealistic negative feedback saying "horrible price for a vhs tape". I didn't force anyone to by it. You buy it and that's a commmitment. But to go out of the way to hurt my feedback score is just unprofessional and many ebay buyers don't understand and don't care because they are faceless individuals. I even called ebay to get it removed and they told me they couldn't because it didn't fall under the guidelines for acceptal removal.
Message 267 of 691
latest reply

Ebay took the ability for sellers to leave negative and neutral feedback away because of the high amount of retalitory feedback from poor sellers on good buyers.  This was preventing a larger population of buyers from doing business on the site, which in turn cuts into ebay's profits.  It sucks, and it really kills you when deadbeat or scamming buyers dangle feedback over your head like a swinging ax, but the bottom line is it's the fault of bad sellers on ebay that brought about this change.  Now it's every bad buyers playground because they know there is absolutely nothing we can do as sellers when they act poorly.

Non paying bidder strikes are fine and all, but I've run in to way more issues with buyers who abuse the partial refund route, and absolutely refuse to just return an item they're not happy with for a full refund.  Heaven forbid you don't let them extort money out of you because you're destined for a negative.  These people find everything and anything to complain about in hopes that you'll kick them back some form of refund while they also benefit from keeping the item.  Personally, I'd rather deal with someone not paying at all.

Message 268 of 691
latest reply

What a load of **bleep**....

Since day one, and more than a decade of selling on eBay, I have had to deal with con artist buyers and buyers that use feedback as a weapon, even more blatantly now that eBay has declared open season on screwing sellers over.

Buyers have a dispute that needs to be resolved? threaten seller, post negatives, file claims with eBay, then get their money back and keep the items. Rinse wash repeat.

Seller protection is a joke. And so is eBay. there is no effort to resolve issues at all. It's simply FU to the seller, case closed.  It's pretty clear WHY eBay wants sellers to fail. Fees. You see, Top Seller and Power Seller status gets a discount on fees, so it's not in eBay's best interest for sellers to acheive this.

In the case of a small seller trying to earn extra money with somethinng they have worked hard to succeed at and enjoy doing, even 1 negative feedback can damage their chance at making extra money. If you have a couple hundred listings, and are getting a discount on these listings due to 100% feedback/Top Seller status, but your sales volumes are low, a single negative can cost you substantial financial loss over a year, which is how long it takes for said negative to drop off your account.

Further, eBay stacks the odds against you with unfair feeback practices where one customer makes multiple purchases, even if hey are a week or two apart, and it is counted as only 1 positive.

However if a customer buys 3 items from you, leaves 3 negatives, it counts as 3 negatives on your total.  But a customer buying 15 items and leaving 15 positives, only counts as one.

Don't expect fair from eBay, you'll never get it. People like Zyonite lack the ability to understand that honest sellers are being hurt by lowlife buyers, and frankly they don't care.

CUE zyonite, the eBay employee/shill to laughingly explain how this is a fair system.........

Message 269 of 691
latest reply

I'm not sure eBay cares, but non paying buyers cost us time and money. For example, I put an old iPhone up for sale. I had 20+ bids on it. Someone won it, decided they didn't want it. Now I could file a claim for non payment, but what does that do? Just wastes my time. They're not going to pay no matter what eBay does to them. The only recourse I have is to cancel the sale and put it back online again. The only problem there is, would I have gotten the same amount on the second auction as the first one? Most of the time that is a no. So not only did I waste a week for the first auction, I'm wasting another week on a second one, and probably won't get as much for it. eBay needs to realize the heart of their business is the sellers, and they need to provide us with a better method of reporting the deadbeats.

Message 270 of 691
latest reply