cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

the final value fee is too cazy high.  10% and it's not tiered.  I remember earlier they have tiered final value fee but now sees it's flat, 10%!!!!

Message 916 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebays fees on the item and on shipping, plus pay pal fess and not releasing your money for 21 days is absolute rubbish. I will never sell this way on eBay again. Use your local free method of selling.

Message 917 of 1,161
latest reply

I'm going elsewhere to sell moving forward. 10% is craaaazzzzyyyy
Message 918 of 1,161
latest reply

That's right.  I recently sold my new iPad for 750, once the person paid they charge 19.8, and tell me they will release money after 2-3 week, but today I got final value fees , it's 74.25, and tell me to pay before I got the 750, but actually it's tota charge me 19.8 + 74.25 plus I spend 19 post the iPad .... I'm so shocked and surprised...I spend 113.25 to sale my iPad ,just realised I losing my money to sale stuff through eBay!! And they even want to pay the final value fees  before you get your money?? I will never ever use eBay to sale stuff again, just waste my time and money 😡

Message 919 of 1,161
latest reply

I wish I could see this topic earlier, then I wouldn't sell stuff thro eBay , I recently sold my new iPad for 750, once the person paid to PayPal they charge 19.8, and tell me they will release the money after 2-3 week, but today I got the final value fees , it's 74.25, and tell me to pay before I got the 750, but actually it's total charge me 19.8 + 74.25 plus I spend 19 post the iPad .... I'm so shocked and surprised...I spend 113.25 to sale my iPad ,just realised I losing my money to sale stuff through eBay!! And they even want me to pay the final value fees before i got my money?? I will never ever use eBay to sell stuff again, just waste my time and money 😡

Message 920 of 1,161
latest reply

agreed!
Message 921 of 1,161
latest reply

I just sold an item on ebay for 900.00, I was charged 90.00 for final listing  fees, and sold through paypal, so thats another 24.00 in fees. When did ebays fees go to 10% on items? These are just too high. Wont be selling again on here.

Message 922 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay is completely exploiting their sellers and because of their insane fees and rules, I very rarely sell on there unless it is something of low value. The seller fees are not worth it and if have to cancel an item they charge you the final value fee of what the highest bid was - they try to justify it by saying that the bidders experience frustration, disappointment, etc.... whatever, its happened to me many times and its not a big deal. Their real reason is that they want their money no matter what.

Screw you Ebay.

Message 923 of 1,161
latest reply

You are so right about that I don't even come close to breaking even is funny that PayPal take there money right off the top and eBay should do the same thing but no they want to tally up everything at the end of the month and leave you with a higher bill is it other website that you sell your product on without paying hi seller fees?

Message 924 of 1,161
latest reply

There are thousands of customers that are all saying the same thing. They don't care guys.  For every 1000 that complain on here they have 5000 who don't care.  We are all preaching to the choir.

Message 925 of 1,161
latest reply

Message 926 of 1,161
latest reply

It's very upsetting that ebay is taking such a large chunk of what the sellers sell! I am very disappointed with ebay. I sold a boys long sleeve shirt for 13.99 with free shipping.

I spent the following:

3.20 (original cost of the shirt)

2.64 (shipping)

4.58 (ebay fees)

---------------

Total $10.42 

Sold shirt for $13.99

-  $10.42

---------------------------

Profit          $3.57

I don't think that $3.57 is worth my time, gas and wear and tear of my car? 

What other options are there besides EBAY! Because at this point I think that it's time for me to take my business elsewhere. VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTED EBAY!

Message 927 of 1,161
latest reply

It's very upsetting that ebay is taking such a large chunk of what the sellers sell! I am very disappointed with ebay. I sold a boys long sleeve shirt for 13.99 with free shipping.

I spent the following:

3.20 (original cost of the shirt)

2.64 (shipping)

4.58 (ebay fees)

---------------

Total $10.42 

Sold shirt for $13.99

-  $10.42

---------------------------

Profit              $3.57

I don't think that $3.57 is worth my time, gas and wear and tear of my car? 

What other options are there besides EBAY! Because at this point I think that it's time for me to take my business elsewhere. VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTED EBAY!

Message 928 of 1,161
latest reply

I was selling a $1,100 item. I had to go elsewhere. There was no way I was going to take a $200 bath (between eBay and Paypal fees). For that amount I'll certainly seek alternatives. I did. I moved on. It's now sold.

Message 929 of 1,161
latest reply

I was selling a $1,100 item. I had to go elsewhere. There was no way I was going to take a $200 bath (between eBay and Paypal fees). For that amount I'll certainly seek alternatives. I did. I moved on. It's now sold.

Message 930 of 1,161
latest reply