cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I, too, was shocked to get an email from eBay about an invoice. I thought it was some internet scam at first.  The 10% "Final value" fee was scandalous enough; the "Final Value Fee on Shipping" was simply insult to injury.  Anyhow, I rarely use eBay nowadays.  These money-grabbing sheninghans are just a reason to take my business elsewhere in the future, especially as a seller.

Message 676 of 1,161
latest reply

What doesn't help is USPS raised their shipping costs. Not only are we paying fees to ebay and paypal. Now shipping has increased about 40 cents higher than what it was before the new year. Jan alone i paid about one thousand in fees for four thousand in sales. That included ebay and paypal. It's rough. Only way around it is to hike your selling prices and hope buyers continue to buy. I still make a decent penny. It would be a hell of a lot more i wasnt paying so much in fees. 

Message 677 of 1,161
latest reply

The discount should be shown to the sellers selling high quanity of items.  I mean lets be honest. If your selling 1-10 items a month, ebay more than likely doesnt care about you anyway.  Then again my discount is being a top rated seller. End of month they chop off 20%.

Message 678 of 1,161
latest reply

Amazon is worse. They charge 20%. Plus side though items on Amazon tend to sell for a lot more than Ebay. Ebays market is so flooded prices are cut down to next to nothing.
Message 679 of 1,161
latest reply

Just sold my apple watch and in absolute shock after seeing the ebay fees+paypal fees.

It is absolutely not worth selling on ebay anymore.

Message 680 of 1,161
latest reply

Same thing happenrd to me on a item I needed to sell. They sucker you in with some free listing **bleep** than charge the **bleep** out of you on both ends.

I got hit on the ebay sale and the paypal transaction over $300 dollars on a $1800 dollar sale.

I am done selling on here.

Message 681 of 1,161
latest reply

Yes, Ebay should be be up front with how much they are going to charge for each sale. There is no reason for them not to let you know this figure, other than just being deceitful. Ebay was once a great place to auction your items, but greed is making there site less desirable!

Message 682 of 1,161
latest reply

I just got my statement and was shocked as well. It's been about a year since I've sold things on eBay. I always made a decent profit and expect a bit to be taken out but I got $1.15 taken out of a 3.00 item?! That's a huge percentage. The person paid 2.54 for shipping which is what it cost.
So yeah I don't get it. Utterly absurd. I'm annoyed cuz I just spent hours listing items. I never would have bothered if I knew they were gonna do that. I'll have to find another way to make money. Too bad because I've been a member since 2001
Message 683 of 1,161
latest reply

They take so much the small sellers can't turn a profit and force us to over charge for shipping so when they take the cut we have enough to ship the items. We need a boycott ebay day every one pull thier autions and BIN's for 72 hours.

Message 684 of 1,161
latest reply

Even at 3 or 4 % they make tons of money but it is let's see how much they will pay before they jump ship, many such companies over they years priced them selves out of the market and had to shut down.
Message 685 of 1,161
latest reply

I get that eBay is trying to make a profit....but to be scandalous, and to now take out a FPV fee for shipping?? This is beyond ludicrous. Paying PayPal fees are enough, but to now have a higher fee taken out is only hurting the very same people who they leech off of. How can a company, like eBay, expect to keep customers, if all they're going to do is increase the fee prices without any notice? I'm extremely hurt & discouraged to continue doing business on eBay if this continues.

Message 686 of 1,161
latest reply

As long as everyone still sells on ~FeeBay~ they don't care what loyal customers say. So this forum is just a waste of time. Leave ebay hit them in the bank account then they will listen then.
Message 687 of 1,161
latest reply

Wow, couldn't believe my eyes when I got hit with ~12% of the final value in fees. The shipping was free, but since you can't enter "free shipping", I to chose at least $4, which of course they also took out a 10% fee on.

Last time I use you.

Site is also *incredibly* cluttered, and there was no information what-so-ever the fees had changes so much from my last visit. What a rip-off.

Message 688 of 1,161
latest reply

When i sold an item on Ebay i was happy with the price but then i saw the fee and realized i could have sold it for more on Craigslist!! Dang it Ebay. They should change the name to Feebay. This is probably the last time i use Ebay to sell expensive stuff... Someone needs to invent a superior alternative to Ebay that doesnt take big fees and respects the costumers and their money. Im sure they would gain more popularity than Ebay.

Message 689 of 1,161
latest reply

If you only sell a few items a month, the fees are high.

If you sell enought to warrant the basic store at $19.99/month, the fees drop dramatically and more than pay for the store in free listings alone.  I recently sold a laptop at around $250. With no store, the fee would have been $25. With store, $9.

Message 690 of 1,161
latest reply