cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay favors Buyers Not Sellers

dawood
Enthusiast

I have been with eBay from the very beginning and they have gradually started favoring the buyer and not the seller. If you get a horrible buyer there is no way to leave a negative feedback. If the buyer says something is wrong with the item (whether there is or not) eBay favors them and you are forced to refund their money. If ebay continues on this road I believe they will lose more sellers. Also I can not find anyway to CALL eBay and talk to a real person, Is there???

Message 1 of 139
latest reply
138 REPLIES 138

Re: Ebay favors Buyers Not Sellers

Well, after  seeing these ebay bashings and thinking"sore losers"; I now have had an item I listed as "FOUND in Box-UNTESTED-SOLD AS IS" returned to me and Ebay  made me pay them back. I am leaving Ebay for ever as many allready have and I strongly suggest that  more do!!

Message 106 of 139
latest reply

I totally agree with you. I sold a watch for 525.00 to a man in Denver. He sent me an ebay message stating the bezel (outer ring) didn't turn. I told him it did as I tested it before shipping. He called me a liar and and opened a return claim with ebay stating item not as described. I told ebay what happened in the case and I had to pay for the return. When it arrived back at my house I took out my iPhone and I videod the opening of the box and unwrapping the watch and then EASILY turning the bezel. I put the video up on Youtube and copied the URL. I went back to the ebay case details and told ebay that the bezel indeed turns and pasted the Youtube URL and told ebay to watch it as my proof! Guess what? Ebay never watched my video and the final decision went to the buyer. Ebay refunded the 525.00, I paid for return shipping and the Final Value Fee was charged to me as ebay sided with the buyer! 

Then last week the same buyer bought another watch from me! I thought right away this would be another bad experience with this buyer. It was delivered to him on 10/31 and yesterday he opened an ebay case stating he never got it. I sent the tracking info to him as delivered and put that tracking info in the ebay case. Know what the buyer wrote in the ebay case? "Didn't receive item, are you scamming me as I returned your other item?" What an A hole! Even though the USPS has declared it as delivered I bet ebay will again side with the buyer! I have blocked this buyer from ever buying from me again. I've been with ebay since 1998 and I have never had a buyer like this! Ebay most certainly sides with the buyer and the seller is left vulnerable. 

Message 107 of 139
latest reply

@dawood wrote:

I have been with eBay from the very beginning and they have gradually started favoring the buyer and not the seller. If you get a horrible buyer there is no way to leave a negative feedback. If the buyer says something is wrong with the item (whether there is or not) eBay favors them and you are forced to refund their money. If ebay continues on this road I believe they will lose more sellers. Also I can not find anyway to CALL eBay and talk to a real person, Is there???

Message 108 of 139
latest reply

He did not request confirmation or insurance.... Why should he? Buyers arent interested in stuff like that. They just want the item they paid for!

Message 109 of 139
latest reply

866-540-3229

Message 110 of 139
latest reply

..from a sellers perspective, you left yourself open - send EVERYTHING signature only...

Message 111 of 139
latest reply

Yea, 10 hucking percent...

Message 112 of 139
latest reply

..but that does not even work if the buyer wants a refund.... even though your sale say's no refund!!!!

For any got da*&&^& reason, eBay will side with the Buyer....

Message 113 of 139
latest reply

Start a hashtag of #RobbedOnEbay

Message 114 of 139
latest reply

I'm doing the same thing - #eBaayRobberies

Message 115 of 139
latest reply

huck you and ebaay....

Message 116 of 139
latest reply

Well,  I am getting ready to send my buyer a court order....  We can discuss the facts there!!!

Message 117 of 139
latest reply

Everyone, add to your FB, tweet, etc. account, a signature or tag about #ebaayRobbedMe or something.

Message 118 of 139
latest reply

Verifying the acceptance of packages is one thing, I sent signature only, but it does not matter.

The buyer could sign for the package, and then say they didn't receive the package. They buyer can say, the description did not fully describe popcorn as popcorn, and they will get a refund.  Some buyers know how to scam the system and leave the seller empty handed without product or money.  In short, the buyer has the lead on being corrupt.

Message 119 of 139
latest reply

yes unfortunately having more sellers doesn't do much to their revenue when the listing fee's only get paid when a buyer purchases the item.

So their intent is to collect as many listing fees as possible. You can have 10 sellers and 2 buyers with a $200 wallet. Or 2 sellers with 10 buyers each with a $200 wallet.

Ive been on both sides the seller and the buyer on ebay, and i've definitely had my ass handed to me with their policy enforcment automatic deductions out of my account because of said bull**bleep** by a customer. 

Again in Ebay's eyes, all their concerned about is how much more money they can get, and that can only be done by pleasing the buyer more than the sellers.

Message 120 of 139
latest reply