cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Now the ebay reps have been told to not even talk to those of us that have had our accounts cancelled and they hang up the phone on us. Thats messed up

Message 31 of 701
latest reply

My experience is just the opposite!

Buyer Beware eBay satisfaction guarantee is NOT reliable!!

I purchased a repair service for my iPad a Las Vegas, NV company.

They did a LOUSY repair and returned the iPad in a damaged condition requiring I have it repaired all over. They offered a pittance, token refund.

I filed a complaint with eBay, who eventually found in favor of their Seller from whom they make a lot more income than from a single sometime purchaser such as myself or you.

So I posted,a negative on the Seller's eBay account and eBay deleted it.

Message 32 of 701
latest reply

over the past 6 months i have complained to ebay under their "report an item" system about a seller who in my opinion is rigging the bidding by using set up accounts.what happens is this seller by using automatic bids pushes up the price of the articule and this can be quite easily identified as when it is sold another one appears for sale and the same pattern emerges and it is always sold for £40 take or give a pound or so. i note that the seller is registered in the IOM  so perhaps this gives them immunity ? this practice is going on to this very day and i only noticed  it because i was interested in this particular item. i have seen it mentioned many times that ebay are only interested in the case of buyers, this is not true they are only interested in themselves

Message 33 of 701
latest reply

iT IS NOW 8-17-2013 AND IT IS GETTING WORSE FOR THE SMALL SELLER. AS A MEMBER SINCE 1999... I HAVE TO SAY EBAY NO LONGER HAS ANY SOCIAL REDEEMING VALUE TO THE CONSUMER TRYING TO MAKE ENDS MEET AND SELL HIS STUFF.......NOTE THAT EBAY MANAGEMENT HAS SOLD THEIR SOULS TO THE REPUBLICAN PARTY  ... THE TOP 1%....

Message 34 of 701
latest reply

I'm not sure where you go to find buyer complaints but type in "ebay buyer complaints" in a search engine and see how many you getI  None? Yeah right!

I buy and sell on ebay so, unlike those who feel a necessity to bash buyers on here (what would we do without them), I'll give you one instance why there may not be as many buyer complaints.  I recently purchased an item from China and had to return it because it wasn't working properly.  Even though I have proof of sending it back, the company claims it has not received it and is playing dumb when it comes to ebay's refund policy.  

When I tried to file a complaint, it tells me my 45 days are up. It took 3 weeks to get the item, and 3 more weeks to make sure it was received at the seller.  Yes, my 45 days are up...duh!  

If ebay is going to sell items that take so long to receive and to return, they should extend the buyer complaint period to 90 days.  Okay now you have at least one buyer complaint!  

Message 35 of 701
latest reply

Same thing happened to me.  I don't know why they even have a complaint department.  ebay sucks

Message 36 of 701
latest reply

Sooner or later, they gonna change their name from EBAY to SORRYBAY.
Message 37 of 701
latest reply

I would sue if I spent that amount of money.

Message 38 of 701
latest reply

Have only 3-4 experiences with buying from Ebay, but after these experiences hope never to get suckered in to buying from Ebay...nothing (I don't think) against Sellers.....just HATE Ebay....can't talk with someone, anyone about a problem.    No excuse for arrogance.               david wright, Winnsboro, SC

Message 39 of 701
latest reply

right,no one to talk to about your problems. 

maybe you should have come to the boards BEFORE ever started selling,or at least,before problem  number 2!!

Message 40 of 701
latest reply

I really feel sorry for some sellers that are true and honest but in my experience a large number are sneaky and underhanded, (have been caught not reading every line of fine print in sellers ad's a few times, ebay resolved these situations to my satisfaction in all cases) . Some seller's post ad titles with big bold letting toting their product as the best and newest available with huge spots in their description saying things like "Lifetime Warranty" or guaranteed refund, but then in amongst the multitude of policies they add to the description (usually written in blue type over black background, or some sort of chart that is a pain to decipher) a tiny blurp  saying is similar to description but not as described and for $50.00 you can get described item"  This is supposed to cover their ass and it's the buyer's fault they bought a pig in a poke, well eBay is being the unsung hero for those buyeers that find themselves in this type of transaction, unfortunately a number of  bad sellers are causing the honest ones to suffer, and I do realize there are unscrupulous buyers too. I have been with eBay since early 2000, and have  242 transactions under my belt, some as seller but most as buyer, I have used ebay and paypal complaint system about 5 times to get resolutions over a 13 year period when I needed help, my hats off to Ebay for policing these transactions and protecting buyers, may as well face it guys without us eBay wouldn't exist, for the most part it's been a good ride, hope it continues.

Message 41 of 701
latest reply

Heres on just for you bush101101

Sold a good white iphone 4 for £175, buyer starts complaining  daily, theres no sim pin you send me money, the phone is fake etc ect. I said if you not happy send phone back and I will refund you (as sellers you know we have to eat humble pie) to buyers or get negged. Next raises an INAD stating fake phone, you refund me, which I agreed to. Getting suspicious now so the day before item was due for return I did a checkmend report on the phone which gave me proof of its validity. I then setup my video camera to record the opening of the returned package and box to then switch the phone on to show its valid IMIE and Ser No, but no, no phone in the box at all only the charger plug and lead, I was dumfounded. got onto Ebay Customer support which is **bleep** no use at all just give you back a few pasted copied or their **bleep** pages. The above details were all mentioned in the case to which in the last 5 mins the buyer escalated the case and 20mins later Ebay closed it in favor of the Buyer as they do. So the buyer now has a £175 phone and a £175 Pypal refund. I appealed today but got nowhere at all with them, wouldn't budge, lost it.

jb

Message 42 of 701
latest reply

Not only that but when a buyer does not want to pay for freight (registered mail) and "accepts" this parameter in the auction text, eBay/Paypal does not take this into account at all if an item is reported missing. Being it actually missing or just a buyer scam insisiting it has not arrived. Your Paypal account is eventually deducted the actual amount. But, the worst thing is that sellers cannot post negative feedback, as opposed to the buyers.

Another rather sly approach is their habit of (together with Paypal) to put a hold on received payments "....based on your history as an eBay seller, we may temporarily hold the money from each of your eBay transactions in a pending balance. We may hold this money for up to 21 days from the date we let you know it is "OK to ship" the relevant item"....!

This is a rather creepy  approach on a 1998-member without a negative feedback for years. Happens irregularly, the reason seemingly being shipping times without considering that I ship from Europe to the US. Luckily, only US eBay is into this scam. For now.

Fred

Message 43 of 701
latest reply

Recently I started selling items on ebay. I been on ebay for almost 12 years and mostly bought items that were great deals. Had some issues with a few sellers but nothing major, but it never occurred to me, whether I won the auction or did a buy it now, that I didn't have to pay for what I bought until I started selling items. Since June of 2013 I've had 8 buyers that won the auction or did a buy it now that turn around and don't pay for their items. Made numerous calls to eBay customer service to find out why they permit this. Not only does eBay permit this to happen but these deadbeats can do it 3 or 4 more times a year before eBay will do anything about it. Sold an old cell phone in July, then the buyer didn't pay for it. Opened the useless Unpaid item Report and relisted the phone again. It sold again to another buyer who, you guessed it, decided he didn't want to pay for his item to. Complained again to ebay which by the way was another complete waste of time, they simply don't care. Item finally sold the third time. Then just just last week, sold 2 items through an auction and 1 through By it Now and what happened you say, only one of the buyers paid. This obviously is an epidemic problem on ebay that ebay will do nothing to stop. So if your a small seller like me and you sell an item on ebay, don't get to excited because the buyers probably won't pay and there is nothing you can do about it and ebay doesn't give a sh!t.  Now if I was a stockholder in ebay and found out that the company I've invested in had a policy that restricted company revenue in the millions of dollars a year and because it has a policy thats created a massive problem with deadbeat buyers, who can do it 4 times a year, I'd sell my stock in a minute. That might explain why their stock is in the dumper now. The absolute worst thing about this issue is you can't even leave any kind of feedback to warn other sellers about these deadbeats and ebay just lets them keep bidding.

Message 44 of 701
latest reply

Here is what you and anybody should do, and the only thing that you should do to deal with any unfair issue with eBay. They are a Publicly traded company on the NASDAQ, and as such they are Regulated by the S.E.C. ( Securities and Exchange Commission ) for whom they are deathly afraid of. No company wants to have to talk to or answer questions or be investigated by the S.E.C. when they are a Publicly traded company. The S.EC. to them are more of a fright than the I.R.S. Wirth more than 7 million complaints on Google against eBay, yours added to it and sent to the S.E.C. will certainly cause a contact to their C.E.O. and their Legal department. Anything else, especially trying to deal with any part of eBay will be an aggravating waste of time and do nothing. Remember, people and companies only fear what is above them and can hurt them. For eBay it's the S.E.C. This is where you can contact them. http://www.sec-oig.gov/ includes their phone number.

Message 45 of 701
latest reply