cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

YOU CAN ALSO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB AND THE FBI.
Message 631 of 701
latest reply

There are even sellers screwing other sellers. They open sealed items and claim it’s contents are half missing then open a case for a return. It does no good for the seller to return an item that is opened. It’s is a generation of **bleep** people with a **bleep**ty sense of entitlement and no ethics!! 

Along with eBay saying every buyer is right makes this venue unfavorable for all. 

Message 632 of 701
latest reply

I have been buying on Ebay thru Pay Pal without any real problems for about 10 plus years now until recently

when I won a bid on an item I really wanted and it was a "Rare" collectible and I knew the true value of this item.

The Seller, who had a 100% record of Positive feedback seemed to be reliable until the item was mailed with Tracking. 

Once the Tracking was registered things started to happen. 

The Tracking showed it was en route, but actually tracked to another location in Florida instead of the actual destination in California. Once it showed "arrived' ity was still arriving elsewhere in Florida. Weird huh? Wait! It gets better....I mean worse.

I had a recorded arrival time of about 10:30AM PST while it was actually arriving in Florida at 12:47PM EST something.

The "Seller"(Randy Pecorelli aka nowatny2011 )  said he accidentally mailed MY Item in another Priority mail box with another less expensive item to another Buyer in Florida. 

Not to worry, I had the Seller contact the other alleged "buyer"(Ebay messaging) and the 2nd buyer said they DID get my Item and mailed it back in the mail the next day.(According to statements by Randy Pecorelli nowatny2011 )

The Seller(Randy Pecorelli aka nowatny2011 ) claimed he'd let me know ASAP he received it. He did NOT.

Problem is you still have to file a claim to Preserve your right to a claim and it take sup to 5 days. 3 days had already passed. I filed a Claim and advised the seller of this and to hurry with contacting me with updates etc...

The Seller Randy Pecorelli aka nowatny2011 FAILED and as soon as I tried to call, he sent me a Refund. 

While a claim was already "open" Ebay processed the Refund and THAT was the end of the dispute.

In other words, you have no legal remedy unless you Sue Ebay etc.....Wait ! It gets better...

I challenged Ebay and figured I better leave a Negative Feedback or I will have no recourse. 30-60 days they said.

I filed a NEGATIVE feedback and within only a few hours it was removed by Ebay.

A Supervisor said THAT was NOT supposed to happen and some "idiot" in the Philippines sent me a slanderous email which fit the "Seller" and not the Buyer. 

I complained to a Supervisor and then a "Manager" which was only partially resolved.

I still haven't gotten my item yet and the "Seller" probably kept it  figuring it was worth more or got a better deal off of Ebay.(WHich is a violation of standards)

Either way Ebay kids in the Philippines really screwed up and I have a "relative" from over there. But they tend to LIE more than I ever thought. WHY? 

Then Ebay told me I had no other recourse but to notify Pay Pal and I did all that and still came up with the same results even though I filed in a timely manner(5 days or less), but Ebay and Pay Pal appear to be just as corrupt. It seems no matter what you do, you are still at "RISK" with ALL Purchases and I'm just a poor little "Buyer".(Ebay employees do NOT know the difference)(There's more details but this is basically it)

If there was an attorney out there will to sue on a class action, I'd join.

I am out the Item I won on a bid and I got a full refund,...Big Deal! I'm still out the item.

There is no "investigation, or support or assistance or protection for the Buyer.

NOTE: If I CAN'T leave a Negative Feedback on the fraudulent buyer, then how are other innocent buyers going to be protected?  A "Friend" Said, ..."Hang'em High!"

Message 633 of 701
latest reply

So here is my warning to Buyers on EBAY ..I bought a 16mm Projector on ebay.. seller said Perfect clean working order...As soon as it wss sent I was charged via PayPal..When product arrived smelled like a smoker home...and filthy...I loaded film it's lamp turned on but nothing else worked would not advance film..I walked out of room to get different film and returned to Projector smoking and burning...Over Two weeks later I have been sent numerous emails with return label...None were legible on scanable...10 hours spent on phone with ebay...10 trips to FedEx..nothing..After numerous demands to send me a useable label in mail and EBAY Saying that they can't send a representative said he would print and overnight It FedEx to me...next morning I received email saying EBAY Won't send in mail.. I need to use label in email and print it myself...Next day I received This "Unsendable" document..It was worse than any copy I tried to print...I had already contacted my bank due to PayPal.. They have stalled a bit ..Today after stating my safety concerns of product if resold by dishonest seller and letting banl know I would be switching my accounts to a different Bank they have assured I will see money back in my account within 48 hours and I am not responsible to return piece of **bleep** Projector...Only took two and a half weeks...10 trips to FedEx...10 hours on the phone with EBAY..I will never order from EBAY Again..Never..

Message 634 of 701
latest reply

Well here is a complaint from a buyer.  Why does eBay allow sellers to list the shipping information from the US when the coin arrives it says shipped by China Post.  I recently bought around 50 plus coins for my small business and three of the coins came by China Post and the original sellers address on the original purchase said Noblesville Ind. On a second purchase from another seller the address was in Kentucky but the three coins arrived also by China Post with the same individual name on the package.  In both cases the coins do not seem to be real but counterfeit.  Also the original purchase called for a 1986 P in MS condition and the coin received was an 1985 P in VG condition. If the coins are real then they do not match the description photo used in the original sale photo. I am **bleep** that eBay allows these fraudulent sellers to keep on bilking their buyers. What is amazing is that so many Morgan dollars actually exist in China?  That should lead to an investigation by eBay.  However, eBay keeps on making it tougher for the buyer to receive the coin originally purchased or get a refund without jumping through mysterious hoops. I have called the local FBI office but I doubt they have time to chase down this fraud.

Message 635 of 701
latest reply

you are not the only one being held hostage- The buyers AKA scammers know how to work it
Message 636 of 701
latest reply

exactly the same thing happened
Message 637 of 701
latest reply

As a buyer, yeah shopping on Ebay anymore is a nightmare. All the Chinese, drop shippers, liars, rude Ebay Reps, O my. The last two dealings I had are complete **bleep**. The first was from China even tho he claimed to be in the US, Said the item was in CA but was shipped from NJ. Got the item which was the wrong part even tho he said it works with my model. Contacted him about shipping the item back only for him to say to keep the item that he would refund my money, two days later received no money nor reply. Called Ebay, First rep said she saw where he said to keep the item and he would refund me that they would step in and send him a message, that I would get my money back in 3-5 days. That night I got a email from Ebay saying I had to return the item even tho I gave it to a friend as I couldn't use it.   Called Ebay back up to ask wth? This Ebay rep (Jason) was rude as you can get. Said I was screwed if I didn't have the item. So hung up and called Ebay back up. This rep was a whole lot nicer. He stepped in and got my money back. The next day after leaving the seller a neg. feedback, I got a message from him asking me to change it to a pos. 5 star feedback and he would give me my money back, (Even tho Ebay had got my money back). Screenshot taken and attached. He nor Ebay has changed the item location yet. The next one which is still going on is an item that clearly a seller doesn't have according to the feedbacks after I ordered it. I'm not sure what the scam or game this seller is playing but looking deeper I see he has multiple accounts and to me that's a bit shady. So far he has yet marked it shipped, no replied to my question but we shall see. As a seller I'm honest and reply to my customers as fast as I can, I help them the best way I can but like some sellers make multiple accounts so blocking buyers /sellers is pointless. Ebay needs to step up their game and revamp their rules and options to help both buyers and sellers. 

Message 638 of 701
latest reply

Update: Seller just tole me it will be another week before I get my item even tho his listing said (Guaranteed delivery Fri, Aug 09). 8 other buyers just left neg. feedback's saying the same thing. I called Ebay when I saw where this seller revised his listing from 0 available 20 sold to 2 available/ 7 sold. Ebay told me they do not tolerate fraudulent listings such as this and has been marked for investigation. This is why shopping on Ebay is so hard and why there is buyer protection. 

Message 639 of 701
latest reply

I have a COMPLAINT. eBay consipred with a seller to defraud me of $54.00

This was "eBay Money Back Guarantee case - SR# 1-213275115427"

The situation was quite simple, I ordered 5  copies of "Where the Crawdad Sings", by Delia Owens. My payment for 5 copies was processed by eBay and the seller paid.

I received a single copy in the mail. These books were ordered for members of a bookclub which meets in my shop. All were paid for in advance by the members. I delivered the single copy to a member, and sent an inquiry to the seller. A month long series of email exchanges followed in which I was repeatedly promised the other books were on their way, then was promised a refund. Neither books or refund ever appeared.

I filed a claim for non-delivery with eBay. Had interactions with several "assistants" who evidently could not  understand English. I was repeatedly told that I would have to return the single book I had received to get a refund for the four books I had not received. Since I did not have that book in hand, having delivered it to the person who paid for it, that was not an option. Finally after more than two weeks of increasing frustration I was given a "supervisor" to handle this case. Multiple explanations appeared to get him to understand the situation.

However, the next day I received the following message: "

To allow us to proceed, we’ll need you to file an incident report with your local police or law enforcement agency. This confirms that there's been a problem and allows us to continue with the case. Filing an incident report is generally free of charge and is easy to do.

The report should contain the following:

• Description of the item 
  • Name of the officer filing the report
  • Badge number of the officer filing the report
  • Incident report number
  • Station location (city and state)
  • Station phone number

Once you receive the incident report, please scan it or take a clear digital photograph of it.

You can upload it via this link:
https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?deptName=USMemberAppeals

The document uploader is easy to use and contains information on file types and sizes allowed. Please select the
General information document type and add [1-213275115427] in the Comments section. This allows us to track your documents and respond more quickly. Once you upload your documents and hit Send, please wait for confirmation that everything has been submitted.

Note that if the police can’t provide you with an incident report, we’ll also accept a police reference number. We’ll need the precinct location, phone number and officer name to accompany this. You can send these details to us by simply replying to this email. Please don't change the subject heading if you do so."

My local police laughed when I told them I needed to file this incident. They said they had no jurisdiction and to go back to eBay.

Despite my paying for 5 books, not receiving 4 of thise books, the seller admitting she had NOT shipped the 4 books, eBay decided the case in her favor and refused to refund my money.

If I had a lawyer who would take the case I would sue and ask for substantial punitive damages. Haven't done so yet, but my impression of eBay's integrity (where I have sold and purchased for more than 20 years) is that they are either knowingly endorsing fraud, or so totally incompetent they don't recognize it when they see it.

Jim Hart

publishedpage

Message 640 of 701
latest reply

I'm truly sorry to read about sellers getting the shaft. I friend of mine, who sold hundreds of items on Ebay with a perfect record was kicked off for life. He did nothing wrong - tried in earnest to solve the dispute. The buyer was very clever, if not evil. Ebay didn't want to hear from my friend. I'm not a seller - am a buyer.  Only twice have I had a problem and in both instances Ebay sided with seller. Lost $800 plus the item first time. Ebay did nothing - not even a reply. This last go around was the worst, and money wasn't the issue. That Ebay can claim there are no unhappy buyers is  pure, undiluted **bleep**. And, good luck trying to speaking with someone who has commanded of language of the land. My only consolation, and it's a small one, is that Marketplace is cutting into their business. Best of luck to all honest folk who sell on Ebay. 

Message 641 of 701
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too!  I am corporate CPA technically proficient and found it alarmingly surprising that Ebay/Paypal make it nearly impossible to post complaints.  Ebay/Paypal take over responses.  I do not believe there is a community where postings are seen by other users.  After detailed back and forth with who appeared to be Ebay staff - when I posted data showing long term relationship Ebay who owned Paypal before spin off - Ebay emailed me that they removed my comment as 'disruptive'.  I am trying to get this out to Ebay/Paypal (related partied) users.

After my complaint about Ebay/Paypal relationship/handling of seller funds.....I received email from Ebay 'community' saying my post was barred as 'disruptive'.  I think the entire 'community' should see this response.  Will also send out on social media.  

Suggestions?  Ebay community is just Ebay staff trying to control conversation.

Private Messages

Options

New Message

li-vince 

‎08-18-2019 12:47 PM

Friend Ignore

Post removed - disruptive content

Hi  cjsoc-43,

Please be advised that this is just a friendly reminder to follow the Community Guidelines when posting on the community.

Your recent post has been removed, because: Avoid disruptive threads and posts. Topics or posts that are disruptive may be removed without notice.

Your post: "Ebay Paypal predatory relationship", posted on 08-18-2019 12:33:10 PM

Please take a moment to review the Community Guidelines to avoid making the same mistake again.

Thanks for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a friendly, productive environment for all members.

-eBay Moderation Team

cjsoc-43

Explorer

08-18-2019 12:45:52 PM

Further...to Responder ....full relationship began in 1995 - 30+ plus history....

Paypal was original just another department in Ebay"

PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. The company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites, and many other commercial users, for which it charges a fee in exchange for benefits such as one-click transactions and password memory. PayPal's payment system, also called PayPal, is considered a type of payment rail.

Established in 1998 as Confinity,[11] PayPal had its initial public offering in 2002, and became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay later that year.[12][13] eBay spun off PayPal in 2015.[14][6] The company ranked 222nd on the 2018 Fortune 500 of the largest United States corporations by revenue.[15]

Ebay Corporate existence:

eBay Inc. (/ˈiːˌbeɪ/ EE-bay) is an American multinational e-commerce corporation based in San Jose, California that facilitates consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales through its website. eBay was founded by Pierre Omidyar in the autumn of 1995, and became a notable success story of the dot-com bubble. eBay is a multibillion-dollar business with operations in about 30 countries, as of 2011.[2] The company manages the eBay website, an online auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a wide variety of goods and services worldwide. The website is free to use for buyers, but sellers are charged fees for listing items after a limited number of free listings, and again when those items are sold.[3]

In addition to eBay's original auction-style sales, the website has evolved and expanded to include: instant "Buy It Now" shopping; shopping by Universal Product CodeISBN, or other kind of SKU number (via Half.com, which was shut down in 2017); online classified advertisements (via Kijiji, or eBay Classifieds); online event ticket trading (via StubHub); and other services. eBay previously offered online money transfers as part of its services (via PayPal,[4] which was a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay from 2002 to 2015).[5]

Prior to IPO - Paypal was in existence for many many years to IPO then as department/then subsidary, etc. of Ebay.  

0 Helpful

Kudo

I am corporate CPA so have tendency to track data and $.  I knew paypal was predatory but Ebay required I use them for sales.  Paypal has predatory practice, tries to hide their fees, and delays release of funds.  In my last sale Paypal delayed release funds 21 hours.  I have found in the past that even after all these delays/non transparency as they believe no one will check, once they actually process my request to transfer funds to bank - that takes hours.  Then I found thru my bank that in 1 business day they had received funds from Paypal but Paypal had restricted my access to them for some 3 more days.  Total time from verified delivery of Ebay sale was 6 days to my use.  In the meantime, I seller paid for the shipping, Ebay charged their fees, buyer paid for the item, Ebay charged their fees, Paypal took their fees, Paypal held my money for something like 4 days and use/economic gain of my money, delivery agent reports delivery almost instantaneous.  Ebay releases thru paypal almost instantaneous (or so they tell me because Ebay does not notify seller that they have released.  Paypal some 1 business day later sends me email that funds are released.  Then Paypal takes 1 more business day to 'process' transfer to my bank.  Then bank receives funds but reports Paypal has restricted my access to funds for about 3 more days.  So 6 days after sale confirmed/buyer paid/seller paid for shipping/Ebay has been paid/Paypal has been paid......Seller still does not have use of funds.  As Ebay requires seller to use Paypal this falls on Ebay as well.  The entire process only benefits economically Ebay and Paypal.  Paypal's actions however further predation.

inceptions

Rockstar

08-18-2019 10:14:49 AM

I'm surprised a corporate CPA would not read the terms of use involving PayPal as a money processor. I've been using PayPal for 15 years and haven't had a single problem with them or complaint. They do exactly what they say they will do. Of course if you didn't read the User Agreement or go to the help topics that will explain fees and payment holds, you wouldn't know what you were getting into. PayPal provides the information for everyone to see. The one thing they cannot do is make you read it.

As a new seller, you are subject to payment holds. They is not a predatory practice -  it is a buyer protection practice that is in place to protect the buyers that pay you until you establish yourself as trustworthy and reliable.

Here are good places for you to start learning:

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full

Message 642 of 701
latest reply

thats because i put two negative ratings and e bay erased them.do not trust e bay
Message 643 of 701
latest reply

i scored a seller two negative reviews because i dint get my product and ebay erased my scoring.do not trust e bay
Message 644 of 701
latest reply

As a Buyer, I see many not understanding what they are selling is way more valuable (maybe $1000 or more) of what they are listing.  Which ticks me off, because the item is not limited and I won’t be able to sell the true value.  For instance, Whitney Houston NFL football related cards... the deceased leading pop singer for nearly a half decade (at 99 cents... really??).  People are morons guaranteed!!!

Message 645 of 701
latest reply