cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dev Account Registration rejected

Trying to register a Dev account and I'm getting:

"Your account registration was rejected due to problems with the data provided or other irregularities. If you believe this rejection is in error, please see our FAQs and Contact Channels page or work with your eBay representative directly."

No email, no apparent place to find out what was wrong or why it was rejected  or what to do about it.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Dev Account Registration rejected

2nd attempt was also rejected...  No email, no explanation, WTH?  I contacted customer support and they can't tell me why either.  

Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I have the same issue. My best guess is that I was connected to a VPN when I tried to sign up, and eBay considered the IP address suspicious. I tried to sign up again while disconnected from the VPN and no luck. Not sure if they blacklisted the email, or if there's actually something wrong with my submission. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Our account was active and working for >1 YEAR.  Without notice or contact, we are experiencing the SAME issue.

We have not been able to get any response from the Development Team for 10 days (and counting so far).  Merchant Support cannot contact them, Customer Service cannot contact them...

We have filled out the 2 line form DAILY looking for a reply...none received yet!

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

STILL no reply from the Development Team -- 2 WEEKS of submitting their Account Access Issues Form and nearly a WEEK of posts on this forum.

Merchant Support has no ability to contact the Development Team...

Customer Service has no ability to contact the Development Team...

How do I get someone at eBay to address this issue?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Another day has passed...another day without any response...

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

same problem

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I just wanted to show where to start when a new account is rejected, although I don't know how long a response will take.

https://developer.ebay.com/support/developer-account-support

Developer Account - rejectedDeveloper Account - rejected

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Same problem, almost a week with no response..

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

same here. no response no customer service nothing. And Im not some small inexperience seller. We created 10000 of videos to make our listings better for buyers and wont be able to do so because of this. Feels like a needy child created the customer page for ebay developer program. reject you and refuse to tell you why just give you a non sense message. what a joke

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I also have the same problem. I had an account working and stop working from one day to another. 

I send a lot of emails and they never answer. Any of you have any solution ?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply