cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse API returning Error 2001 Too Many Requests despite plenty of avail requests

{'errors': [{'errorId': 2001, 'domain': 'ACCESS', 'category': 'REQUEST', 'message': 'Too many requests.', 'longMessage': 'The request limit has been reached for the resource.'}]}

{'rateLimits': [{'apiContext': 'buy', 'apiName': 'Browse', 'apiVersion': 'v1', 'resources': [{'name': 'buy.browse', 'rates': [{'limit': 5000, 'remaining': 3690, 'reset': '2023-09-14T07:00:00.000Z', 'timeWindow': 86400}]}, {'name': 'buy.browse.item.bulk', 'rates': [{'limit': 5000, 'remaining': 5000, 'reset': '2023-09-14T07:00:00.000Z', 'timeWindow': 86400}]}]}]}

Has anyone ever seen this behavior before? Have plenty requests remaining.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Browse API returning Error 2001 Too Many Requests despite plenty of avail requests

Has your system made a significant number of requests within a short period of time, like within a 30 second stretch? Another member has the same issue with calls. Reason is unknown.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/RESTful-Sell-APIs-Marketing/get-Rate-Limits/td-p/33985771

https://community.ebay.com/t5/RESTful-Sell-APIs-Marketing/inventory-task/td-p/33987243 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

No, only a handful of calls throughout every minute.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

have you fixed it?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Have you fixed it? @frozfrozfrozfroz  I have the same problem today

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It eventually resolved on its own the following the day.  I have had it happen a few times prior to my initial post, but no reoccurrences since.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply