cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly chat transitioning to a monthly themed chat

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us today. Rather than continuing with weekly chats that cover general questions, we’ve decided to move to a monthly cadence with a theme. Since Community members can tag us whenever they want and we’ve heard from you that you want themed chats, we’ve decided to go this route.

This new guided chat format will occur every second Wednesday of the month (starting June 8th) and we’ll invite experts from various teams to participate. We’ll also let you know in advance what the topic will be about so you can come prepared.

This week we’d love to get your feedback as to who you’d like to see participate in the future. Do you have a program or process in particular you’d like to learn more about? Are you running into a lot of questions about a certain topic? Let us know so we can map out guided chats over the coming months that are going to be the most beneficial to you. If you have any other questions this week, please let us know by creating threads in the respected boards (i.e. Selling, Buying, etc.) making sure to tag us where necessary. 

And don’t worry, we’re not going anywhere. We’ll continue to monitor the boards and pipe up where needed, and of course, we’re always here and happy to help when you tag us. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Since the German packaging regulations go into effect July 1st and there are still *a lot* of questions about it, my vote is to get shipping and international eBay staff here for the June 8th chat.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-to-how-you-sell-to-German-customers-on-eBay/m-p/328343... 

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

velvet@ebaywrote:

This week we’d love to get your feedback as to who you’d like to see participate in the future. Do you have a program or process in particular you’d like to learn more about? Are you running into a lot of questions about a certain topic? Let us know so we can map out guided chats over the coming months that are going to be the most beneficial to you. If you have any other questions this week, please let us know by creating threads in the respected boards (i.e. Selling, Buying, etc.) making sure to tag us where necessary.

I'd most like to see someone from the Stores team here. I have lots of questions for them, as I'm sure other sellers do as well.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Really we just need a way to engage with ebay staff to try to fix issues. Available programs typically aren't useful when we are having major site issues that are going on months to fix.

To that end I came here today to ask why is it that for about 3 months we have no ability to see shipping labels.

orders>shipping labels in seller hub is no longer functional. Page one shows correctly and page 2 skips page 2 results and skips a week or two and resumes where page 3 should have started, and it skips every other page there after with the last pages being blank. Every time I ask support the question they tell me it will be fixed in 2 days and assure me it is a known issue. Then when I tell them it has been 3 months we go back and forth a few times before they act like the chat has gone idle and disconnect. Why don't we have access to shipping label history for the last 3 months? What is the ETA on a fix and does the manager of tech support know about the issue? Can someone ask them directly?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Thank for doing the last weekly one... LOL

Oh and to answer a question you all asked:

And a topic that keeps coming up is

why no views on my items is the general idea, also extends to why no sales etc....

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

Really we just need a way to engage with ebay staff to try to fix issues. Available programs typically aren't useful when we are having major site issues that are going on months to fix.

To that end I came here today to ask why is it that for about 3 months we have no ability to see shipping labels.

orders>shipping labels in seller hub is no longer functional. Page one shows correctly and page 2 skips page 2 results and skips a week or two and resumes where page 3 should have started, and it skips every other page there after with the last pages being blank. Every time I ask support the question they tell me it will be fixed in 2 days and assure me it is a known issue. Then when I tell them it has been 3 months we go back and forth a few times before they act like the chat has gone idle and disconnect. Why don't we have access to shipping label history for the last 3 months? What is the ETA on a fix and does the manager of tech support know about the issue? Can someone ask them directly?

We're still here and going to engage @coinslabz26! Rather then waiting for the weekly chat though, you can post in the relevant board and then tag us. For example, this could be posted about in the Shipping board and then be sure to tag us. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

One of the hottest topics right now is the new listing form.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Caught off guard to often with all the 'on the fly' changes?  Running out of ways to say talk to FB, Twit or CS?  Not getting any feedback from the 'teams' of the continuing problems and requests for updates?  I suppose it isn't a big surprise.

Thought there had been requests in for people from the teams to come by to participate and not much positive response from them.  Really think you will be able to get 12 a year?

Not meaning any disrespect, but this seems to really kill the purpose of a weekly chat for a chance to give feedback and get responses for those that can't wait for a 'maybe' response to a tag, sometime in the 'near future'.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@coinslabz26 wrote:

We're still here and going to engage @coinslabz26! Rather then waiting for the weekly chat though, you can post in the relevant board and then tag us. For example, this could be posted about in the Shipping board and then be sure to tag us. Thanks!

Thank you for that! Can you please respond directly to the question part of the issue?

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I have lots of questions for the item specifics team.

(I promise I will be nice)

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Hey @gracieallen01 we're still here to take all your feedback, you don't have to wait for a weekly or monthly chat to give us any info. Please know you're still able to tag us in any of the concerns you have posted, thanks! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I am sure there are a lot of people with questions about the new listing format.

There have been complaints all over the place (beyond eBay in to multiple facebook groups)

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Theme confuses me.  But I'd love to see a board for sellers who sell more than two things here that have actual questions about the site, the way things are done, item specifics, why we are  not currently paying for scheduling and how long can hope that lasts-Questions that could really use an answer that makes sense.

I feel that we get lost in the day to day shuffle of Buyers can't pay, My item did not come, What can I sell  cheap.....

Just a thought.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Hello Jasmen,

Quite frankly, I think the title, "Weekly chat transitioning to a monthly themed chat" is very misleading.

The weekly chat - any kind of 'chat' - will be no more.  It is being replaced with a scheduled 'program'.  There will be no spontaneity.

(personal opinion - your mileage may vary)

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

velvet@ebay

I wish that the statement below was true. It is true from a certain point of view. However, neither the downloadable csv file nor the transaction report  can be processed without hours of manual intervention. Does eBay expect sellers to enter sales totals manually or spending an hour or so each time a downloaded csv file is to be imported into Excel? I had asked for the sum of sale amounts in each payouts and categorized fees and other offsetting amounts like holds that would total to the net payout amount. Is that complicated?

Because of the manual labor needed to add up ten or fifteen sales in each payout, it appears to be more cost effective to move to QuickBooks Online with the ability to import eBay transactions and hope for the best. Expensive, yes, but it frees up time to create more listing.  Why is it so difficult to get eBay to pay more attention to seller productivity? Better and more user-friendly reporting could save sellers hours and hours of IRS audits because net payments instead of gross sales were used for income tax reporting. While the results may be the same, omitting expenses buried in net payments could be lower than 1099-K amounts.

Please, advocate for sellers. Help make it easier, not harder to sell on eBay. Does anyone at eBay headquarters care anymore?

A session by experts on financial reporting for sellers is needed.

Hi @clarkphilatelics! The 1099-K detailed report is not necessarily meant for reconciliation. It just provides a detailed breakdown of all unadjusted gross payment transactions on your Form 1099-K. The best way to reconcile your finances is by using the various reporting options we provide to you. More about that can be seen here. For example, your gross sales can be found in the transaction report. 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: