cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, October 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: Community Chat, October 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Ok 👍🏻 

Message 2 of 97
latest reply

Is there ANY update from Khoros on all the problems that have been reported? 

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Message 3 of 97
latest reply

So I started with Model trains and the big header is Model railroads & trains/ Lionel, Bachmann MTH, and more. Under that is Shop by Category with pictures and captions HO Scale, O Scale, N Scale, S Scale G Scale. When you click on the pictures it brings you back to this same page. Now new categories are freight cars, Locomotives, Passenger Cars, Track, starter packs, Parts & Accessories and Other railroad & trains. If I click the Brand and go to Lionel it only shows Freight Cars.

Question is HOW can I see all that is available in Lionel at the same time now???? 

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 4 of 97
latest reply

AS a seller I would like to fine a faster way to list my items again like I could 2 weeks ago. Currently it takes about 10 minutes to list an item in Pottery (dinnerware) or Glass. As I have to change categories with each listing now for the same maker I lose all the item Specifics for the new listing. Also not all the available item Specifics are available for each of the other categories and the order they are and suggested item are different. Because of this issue I see no need to list in most if not any of the new item Specifics when listing new items. As current search’s show that vases, bowls, cups & saucers, mugs, etc show up in EVERY NEW item Specific. And plate s show up in at least 3.

Item Specifics and the new Categories are the same in Pottery & some glass item I would like to edit what shows up as item specifics or at least change the order in how they appear. In some cases the needed Item Specifics needs to be added.  Our of the 35 ones listed at least 20 of them make no sense unless at some time you will be doing away with description’s    

-----

Message 5 of 97
latest reply

We've been greatly impacted by the recent category changes and updates. Among the issues, we have lost the ability to create new or edit existing multi-variation listings in any of our categories under the eBay Motors/Parts & Accessories categories. Is there any way for us to know whether this was an intentional change or an error? And any help as to what we are supposed to do now? Concierge has not been able to provide any answers. 

-----

Message 6 of 97
latest reply

Whom do I contact to ask questions about the new item specifics AND get answers?

-----

Message 7 of 97
latest reply

On Monday the new ebay store features that were promised in the Fall Seller Update finally began rolling out. A few quick questions. The first one, please note, is not rhetorical, I'd really like an answer:

WHY was this rolled out without a concurrent announcement and a tutorial?

Sellers have been begging ebay to announce this sort of thing ,and to include tutorials, for a very long time. The lack of an announcement results in a lot of unnecessary seller anxiety, confusion and often as not misinformation starts to take on a life of its own....this is all self-inflicted damage, and could all be avoided (or, most of it) if ebay would learn to COMMUNICATE effectively. This is a long standing problem (over 20 years), and you guys NEED to do better.

There seem to be two things mentioned in the Fall Update that have not yet arrived: 1. a link in our About tab page for buyers to sign up for our newsletter and 2. it was my understanding that the Marketing Banner would include not just clickable links to categories and listing pages, but also to our Promotions and Sales pages (for example, a Markdown Manager Sales page) Is the absence of such a link going to be remedied soon? 

Any chance you can host the Stores team soon to discuss the changes? 

And, finally, a big thank you for the changes, better late than never....I believe they are a real improvement (although it will take some time for buyers and sellers to adjust to the changes), and I hope they are only the beginning. 

-----

Message 8 of 97
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Is there ANY update from Khoros on all the problems that have been reported? 

Thanks for reaching out about this @dhbookds we actually are posting updates here for those issues! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 9 of 97
latest reply

@jamsionline wrote:

We've been greatly impacted by the recent category changes and updates. Among the issues, we have lost the ability to create new or edit existing multi-variation listings in any of our categories under the eBay Motors/Parts & Accessories categories. Is there any way for us to know whether this was an intentional change or an error? And any help as to what we are supposed to do now? Concierge has not been able to provide any answers. 

Sorry to hear you're running into this! It should still be working, have you tried to create the listing from scratch or in a new browser? If those options don't work I would advise to reach back out to CS and let them know it's still not working for you. Thank you for your time! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 10 of 97
latest reply

On October 19th, Community_Team posted:

‘Some item specifics have been renamed, and the value you originally provided has been copied over to the new item specific, so you don’t need to re-add these item specifics.’

In the same Post:

Item specifics that you have already filled in will be maintained as the category moves are completed’

This certainly did NOT happen for Item Specifics related to Diamond Jewelry.

And could your timing be worse? At this time of year we’re busy to prepping for the coming Holiday season, and shouldn’t have to be dealing with the fallout of this latest Update disaster. Listing visibility, views, questions and sales are already noticeably impacted due to the changes to the Jewelry category.

The Renamed Item Specifics wouldn't be an issue if just the few 'Required' changes were affecting us, as they can easily be bulk edited. But ‘someone’ decided all Item Specifics in Diamond Jewelry needed updating and increased them to almost 50! They then failed miserably in automatically copying over many of the old, already filled specifics to the newly Renamed ones, particularly diamond details. The newly Renamed Specifics for Cut, Color and Clarity are all blank! Not one of these specifics copied over from current listings, which have every individual Cut, Color and Clarity detail painstakingly filled. Bulk editing for these individual diamond details isn't really an option, as the majority of our jewelry items don't have the exact same combo of diamond details. Do we really have to manually edit back in every single diamond detail on every listing, so the currently BLANK 'Renamed' Specifics will be filled?

Like millions of other sellers, creating extremely detailed listings took us an immeasurable amount of work and time, and we’re furious that, in one fell swoop, it’s been erased to BLANK by this Update debacle. Will eBay will fix what they broke, and properly copy over the already filled Item Specifics to the newly Renamed ones, as promised on 10/19? We all deserve a definitive answer.

John Lydgate, adapted by Abraham Lincoln
Message 11 of 97
latest reply

apham201085
Adventurer

I have been an Ebay buyer for many years and selling sometimes, all the payments are in and out from the same account. And now with the new payment system, I'm stuck here for 2months. My fund is withheld for almost 2 months.

My issue is that no matter what documents submitted to my seller account as proof of identity, Ebay will reject that. I have done dozens of attempts and try different documents, different scanning versions, different name rotations (Pham Viet Anh, Pham Anh, Anh Pham, Anh Viet Pham .etc).
That even lead to the restriction of my account (for unable to update for too long).
But weirdly enough that when I submit the same documents to remove restriction, Ebay would accept and remove my restriction.
I even emailed Ebay for support (SR# 1-384884492388) but after a month of many emails exchange. Even though they gave me many advices and guidance, which I follow them all, the situation is the same.
Could you guy tell me what kind of document criteria are needed ? 
Because when I upload my passport in full, Ebay said fewer pages, when I upload only 02 first page of my passport, Ebay declined and asked for ID. When I upload my Vietnamese ID then Ebay also decline.
In vain I change all personal info and bank account in Ebay to my partner's (and she would be in charge of this account if thing is accepted). I uploaded her Finnish ID, Ebay declined. And Ebay also declined her passport.

-----

Message 12 of 97
latest reply

I have attempted to create new listings from scratch on multiple browsers and computers. None of these have fixed the problem. I have reached out to CS multiple times and have told them this and they have not been able to find a solution. In addition, creating a new listing does not help me fix the existing listings. Is there any way for us to speak with someone higher up or in tech support who might be able to do more advanced trouble shooting for us? 

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Message 13 of 97
latest reply

yep, I'm aware of that.  Would have been nice to have a direct answer here.......  but since there are obviously no updates, I guess I can understand why there weren't............

How long are you going to take this kind of treatment?  And how long do you expect us to? 

-----

Edit: A reply to your questions can be found here.

Message 14 of 97
latest reply

Good afternoon, everybody!

I brought this concern up in eBay Community/Buying, but am hoping to get the problem fixed by bringing it up here. I've been selling for a little over three years and have had an eBay store for nearly as long.
Let's say I'm a buyer visiting my store for the first time, looking for a butter dish.

casprrr_0-1635364831898.png

They enter "butter dish" to search my store, and this is the result.

casprrr_1-1635364938473.png

I would assume that most buyers would see this and think that I have no active Butter Dish listings, not realizing that their search has switched from the default "All Categories" to "Butter Dishes".
Only by switching this back to "All Categories" and searching again will they see my listings.

casprrr_2-1635365150624.png

The "All categories" selection changing to a sub-category isn't limited to eBay stores, it happens when searching from the home page as well.
Eliminating certain categories/subcategories with the Fall Seller Update was bad enough, but now listings aren't even visible because eBay has altered their search?
jasmen@ebay, can you please escalate this concern to CS for possible resolution? Thanks much!

-----

Message 15 of 97
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: