cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Community Chat, December 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Kudos to ebay for adding a page providing some info on third party tools (such as canva) which we can use to design store graphics.

Message 16 of 67
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
Any update on the status of video in listings for all sellers?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - just that it's currently available if you list with third party APIs, with plans to incorporate into the on-eBay listing flow in the near future. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 67
latest reply

Any update on the new features for the Listing Quality Report? Also supposed to be Sept/October according to the Fall Update.

This month, the Listing Quality Report will be available to download in three formats:

A PDF “one-page summary”
An Excel “full report” with one tab per category
A CSV “raw data” file, to be exported for further analysis
In the past, you could see the analysis of your 10 categories with the most live listings. You’ll now be in control of which categories will show up in the report. You’ll also have the option to keep the existing analysis, using the top 10 categories with the most live listings.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 18 of 67
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

Be Serious.  The new Item Specifics are crazy.  They repeat, they ask dumb questions and they are a big time waster for those of us who actually write listings.   Any thoughts on improving/fixing them?

Hey @divwido! They'll be continually reviewing and adding/removing specifics based on a number of things. This fluidity is one of the reasons we made the change. We want to get our sellers items seen by as many people as possible.

Just make sure you've filled in the specifics that are required and the rest are on an as needed basis. The more you're able to fill in though, the more chances you have of your items getting seen.  

Velvet,
eBay
Message 19 of 67
latest reply

Terapeak Sourcing Insights has never worked for me for any eBay Motors categories since it rolled out in April - will this be fixed now that Parts & Accessories is the next big vertical focus?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Terapeak-Sourcing-Insights-Not-Working-For-eBay-Motors/m-p/319... 

-----

Message 20 of 67
latest reply

Also this glitch when trying to buy stuff is fun.  I wonder if eBay is even aware of it or have a fix yet?

FHwK-NkXEAIUhfR.jpg

-----
Message 21 of 67
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Please remind the Store Team that, while its nice to have the new store newsletter templates, it would be even more helpful if they provided easy sign up for the newsletter as previously promised. Any timeline for this?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - there's no timeline that's been shared for this, but I know that the Stores team is eager to continue implementing projects and updates in the new year when our regular code freeze has ended. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 67
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

Be Serious.  The new Item Specifics are crazy.  They repeat, they ask dumb questions and they are a big time waster for those of us who actually write listings.   Any thoughts on improving/fixing them?

-----

The only way eBay will improve IS is if you volunteer your time for free.  They refuse to hire competent people to manage their site.

Message 23 of 67
latest reply

tyler@ebay "when our regular code freeze has ended"

Could you share with us just when the regular code freeze ends?

-----

Message 24 of 67
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

tyler@ebay  I was chatting with a friend who put together this really interesting visual showing how the listing page displays with paid advertising vs seller provided info.

I was struck by how far down the page the description gets pushed in this example - just curious, has eBay done any kind of A/B UX testing to see what effect it would have on Not As Described claims if the description was more prominent and not hidden between all these ad spots?

SMALLER 2021-12-29_15-50-20.jpg

image (4).png

Hi @valueaddedresource - I don't have insight into the in-depth tests that are being run from a UX perspective, but I will share this with the Promoted Listing team and let you know their response as I receive it. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 25 of 67
latest reply

Any updates on the 2.5% social sharing discounted FVF incentive that was talked about at eBay Open Online in August? It seems to have gone down the memory hole.

Message 26 of 67
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Since eBay actively ignores many of its policies and chooses not to follow them will eBay be making a New Years resolution to remove a lot of their policies?  Example being the one where buyers aren't supposed to file false returns.  Also might as well remove the TRS protection against negative feedback after a return since eBay doesn't follow that either.

Hi @gwzcomps - there are no plans I'm aware of to remove policies. 

If you offer 30 day returns as a Top Rated Seller and accept a return, issue a refund and report the buyer via the return you should receive protection from negative or neutral feedback. If this is a situation you are currently experiencing please consider contacting CS so they can review the transaction. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 27 of 67
latest reply

tyler@ebay  Every time I am supposed to have TRS protections on a return I have to hassle support and get automatically denied. Then fight some more to get the policies enforced.

As a buyer if I have to return something the feedback almost always gets instantly removed after the return is over even if it is positive.

The not filing false claims policy isn't even enforced so why have it?  Seems like a lot of things eBay does are for show to hide their real dark intentions.

-----

Edit: a reply to your comment can be found here

Message 28 of 67
latest reply

I found this recent article interesting regarding DoorDash.  I think is is great despite how successful and profitable their company is they are making their employees understand how their services work.  Since eBay likes to copy other companies rather than innovate maybe eBay should try copying this strategy. 

I think it would be interesting if eBay employees were forced to buy and sell one item a month so they can see how miserable the site experience is.

https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/DoorDash-requires-engineers-to-deliver-food-16732012.php

Message 29 of 67
latest reply

Just stopping by to say Hello, and Happy New Year.

I hope 2022 turns out to be a successful year for eBay sellers and buyers.

Thanks to the eBay community staff.  

PS. My wish for the new year..

Bigger Discount USPS rates printing with eBay shipping.

Message 30 of 67
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: