cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, August 11 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining me for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. I don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point I'll close it from additional responses. After that time, I'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Community Chat, August 11 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@juleslovesvb wrote:

1.  Concerning the Transaction Report, is there a way to automatically hide certain columns that I am not interested in such that I don't have to manually hide them every time I download the report?  

2. Could we get other fields currently not on the Transaction Report?  Such as Actual Shipping and Refund Amount (I wrote this question some time ago so if these fields have already been added, my apologies).

3.  Would eBay be willing to add a "cost of item" field where sellers can enter the amount they paid for the item they are selling?  And then add it to the Transaction Report? This would sure make it easier to report at end of month (assuming sellers enter the values as they list or sell).  An added benefit to eBay would be  insight into their sellers costs.

@juleslovesvb 

The detailed Transaction report only downloads into a worksheet program for MP.  So in whatever worksheet program you have chosen to use, you can delete columns, add columns, create totals, move stuff around and just make the report look the way that works best for you.  

Everything that moves into your MP account or out of your MP account is represented in that downloadable report.  So it is all there, they may just call it something different than you would.  What you paid for shipping through the Ebay label system should be there as well.

Now if you are purchasing shipping outside of Ebay, you can add a column to add those fees if you want them on the report.  But Ebay can't auto add them if they are off Ebay costs.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 65
latest reply

@casprrr wrote:

Good afternoon! I have an issue that I have been dealing with this month. The counters which show the number of used/remaining fixed price and auction listings continue showing that I've used 0/1000 and 0/250 listings, although I've used both. Any idea when these counters will be working again?

Hi @casprrr - this is a known technical issue, but I don't have an estimated time of resolution to provide you. If you've already been added to the open ticket by CS that will help. If you still need to be added give me an example item number you saw this happen with and I'll get the info updated!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 65
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I attended a number of ebay Open sessions, and have watched some of the replays since then. Unfortunately, none of the Category sessions are available for replay. I made the mistake of watching the one on Collectibles (which turned out to be misnamed, should have been "Trading Cards"). Would like to watch the House and Garden , and maybe one or two others. Could you use your enormous influence and charm to persuade the Open team to make the Category sessions available, even if only for those who had signed up....?

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  agree 100%! I know they made the PDFs of the slide decks from these sessions available in the resources section of the event, but without the context of the full presentation some of that information isn't super helpful.

It would be awesome if we could get the entire presentations uploaded to the YouTube channel too.

Message 18 of 65
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Hello and welcome to our two new staffers.  Velvet and Jasmen.  We are so happy you are here.  But if I had to make a bet, Tyler is happier than all of us.  He has been spread VERY thin.

WELCOME VELVET AND JASMEN.

Hey @mam98031! We're so happy to be here to help Tyler out, and all of you. 😊  

Velvet,
eBay
Message 19 of 65
latest reply

Just recently the Postmaster General announced plans to "slow down" 1st class mail ailing with their 3cent increase in rates beginning the end of August.

How, if at all, is eBay going to communicate with the buyers that the First Class Mail service timetable they've known all their lives is going to be changing.

This could potentially affect buyers with more cases being opened for missing shipments.

Also, our buyers are reacting VERY negatively to the LACK of or TOTAL lack of tracking entries in the new eBay Standard envelope shipping service.

75% of the packages we send by the new method don't even show up as being DELIVERED.

Thanks 

Jennifer 

-----

Edit: A reply to your questions can be found here

Message 20 of 65
latest reply

Tyler, have we given up trying to get "known" issues posted somewhere?  It would sure help with "is anyone else experiencing this" questions, trying to contact CS, trying to find a workaround, etc........

I don't know where "system announcements" went in the last reiteration of boards, but I don't see it around.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 21 of 65
latest reply

Hi. When I click the research pricing link, I've noticed that many times the items they've included in the average price sold are for pricing for multiples or for completely different items. For a while, I was listing in line with the ebay suggestions/results. Then I noticed my items weren't selling, but other, cheaper listings were selling. That's when I started reading and scrolling through every listing ebay uses to determine 'comparable' pricing. The owners here also question why I list some items  at a lower price because they look at the ebay comparable pricing as well. It would be nice to compare apples to apples. I just do my own research like I used to. I wish the info was accurate so I could count on it to save me time. Thanks!

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 22 of 65
latest reply

No, I did not create a ticket as I knew it was a site problem. Item number 265263700707 was relisted earlier today, when I was checking to see if the counters were working.

-----

Message 23 of 65
latest reply

Any chance eBay staff are going to be bothered to fix long standing, known, and repeatable site issues?  So tired of your site allowing buyers supply more characters in the address than I am allowed to use.

-----

Message 24 of 65
latest reply

I know I've brought this up before, but with the Holidays just around the corner, any chance ebay could prioritize making a streamlined way for buyers to request that a seller send to a giftees address? Without the current clunkiness of seller cancelling and buyer re-buying to add the giftee's address. Buyers want that convenience, and we should be able to provide it, instead, it's just a PITA for seller and buyer. 

And, as is my custom, I'll add to my Holiday wish list: there should be an easy way for sellers to offer gift wrapping if they wish, and for this to be highlighted (maybe with a search filter and/or an icon in search results page) so buyers can find the sellers easily.

-----

Edit: A reply to your suggestions can be found here

Message 25 of 65
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Any chance eBay staff are going to be bothered to fix long standing, known, and repeatable site issues?  So tired of your site allowing buyers supply more characters in the address than I am allowed to use.

That is a really simple issue to work with.  Much more so than many of the other site issues.  Just cut and paste part of that LONG address onto the second line available on the label.  Find a what appears to be a logical place to split it.  That is what I've done for years and it always has worked without issue.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 26 of 65
latest reply

Ever since the release of ebay's new messenger I keep getting the message

"There is an active offer for this buyer or limit of offers was reached."

when trying to use the ebay reply with offer function. Chat support says this is a know issue. For a short time it went back to the old messenger but now the new broken messenger is back. Offers still send fine on the IOS app. Is this actually a known issue and is there a fix?

-----

Message 27 of 65
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

Hi tyler@ebay - happy to see you are getting some help. 😊

Can't wait to see velvet@ebay  & jasmen@ebay here in the chat and on the boards.  Welcome to the new crew!

@valueaddedresource Thanks for the warm welcome, we can't wait either!  tyler@ebay finally has some help and is doing a great job teaching us his amazing ways 😊 I'm looking forward to learning more about all of you guys! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 28 of 65
latest reply

@terrisattictreasures wrote:

I am very frustrated that the variations option isn't available in all categories. Specifically, I am listing dolls. I have 2 versions of the same doll, one blond and one brunette. Instead of being able to offer both on the same listing, I have to create two unique listings for each color variation. The same is true of stuffed animals. Any chance of getting a variation option added? 

Hi @terrisattictreasures - I'm happy to make the suggestion, but I'm not certain when or if it would be implemented.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 65
latest reply

Why has the "mark as answered" option been removed?  I always email customer to give them shipping info, then they write back and say thanks, so I have to reply again or it shows I have unanswered questions.  Even if I send another unnecessary reply, they may send a smile face or something and this can go on unnecessarily.

-----

Message 30 of 65
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: