cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 12 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Re: Community Chat, May 12 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Concierge Department (gone?)

Hello,

Lots of conflicting info regarding the Concierge Department (CD). 

Is it still in existence but with a different name ‘Premium Services’? 

I had a chat with Conor a few days ago and was told the CD was on ‘hiatus’.

So what is the criteria to be included into this program? Conor told me I was qualified but had to be invited.  

Ages ago, I was on the eBay TRS program with a dedicated phone number that was totally awesome. Well informed CS reps, but that disappeared and I was never transitioned into the CD.

Anyone with any solid info on this?

Thank you, stuff4divas

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 2 of 88
latest reply

Even though it shouldn’t I am continually astounded how incompetent your CS staff are.  Despite your continued claims of them being well trained they continue to do things that break eBay policy.

I will acknowledge that greedy corporations will always exploit cheap overseas labor to put profit first.

I will also acknowledge that modern customer support is designed to be so irritating that people quit using it.

I will not accept the fact that your CS agents are breaking eBay policy.  With two different returns they have managed to screw me over. 

One they wrongfully escalated for the buyer because the buyer wasn’t willing to go through proper procedure.  In the process the clueless CS agent in question stripped me of my seller protections I am owed.

The other case I had to fight with several agents to get closed since it was after the time frame the buyer had to return the item.  I’m not waiting an additional 30 days after the 17 day return window the buyer was given to get my funds off hold.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comments can be found here

Message 3 of 88
latest reply

Can you shed some light on the changes for sports cards...lot of conflicting information out there and lots of listings that are being changed with categories not showing up. 

Also, are we will able to list variations for sports cards.  Mine give me an error.  Thank you. 

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 4 of 88
latest reply

Item Specifics - OK to Ignore Required?

On variation listings, when we go to ‘Add item specifics that will be required soon’ I get ‘Listings are not eligible for this Add item specifics feature if they have variations’ (see screenshot) 

item specifics.png

So why am I told ‘Add item specifics that will be required soon’ ? (see screenshot) all 28 are variation listings

my ebay overview.png

Also, it wants to pull the brand name into the ’Theme’ (and anyway why would a ‘theme’ be required)

Theme: Australia

But there is no theme, the brand is UGG Australia

Thank you to anyone who knows and answers,

stuff4divas

_____

Message 5 of 88
latest reply

Hi Brian,

Thank you and the rest of the ebay staff for thinking of myself and my family. It’s much appreciated. I miss you guys. 😀❤️❤️

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 6 of 88
latest reply

Happy late Mother’s Day to all the Moms. 🌹🌹🌹❤️❤️❤️🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 7 of 88
latest reply

Refunds on ‘Item Not Received’ cases

After the last tracking scan, do we have 7 days to wait before having to refund?

My situation: Buyer paid 4/30, Acceptance scan 4/30. Buyer opens INR case 5/11, there is a May 12, 2021, 9:28 am Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility scan, today. Case says I have to ‘take action by 5/14’

Once I upload the tracking to show this latest scan, do I have 7 more days from the last scan date before having to refund? That is my interpretation taken from this link>

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/helping-buyers-items-not-received?id=4116

Refund the buyer: The buyer will get a full refund, including the original shipping costs. Choose this option if you don't have tracking details from one of our integrated shipping carriers showing the item was delivered to the address on the order, or showing the package has been in transit without movement for 7 days or more.

Thank you!

stuff4divas

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 8 of 88
latest reply

What are the odds of eBay backing out of the sellers selling life?  No bell icon, no telling us that someone made an offer that we just accepted, no telling us to ship?

And, but not included above, what is with the additional item specifics?  I make a listing, fill those in and when I go to relist there's another thirty or so specifics.

And lastly, could you let us choose the answers instead of deciding for us?  Country is a big one.   I say it's made in Germany-it has a sticker that says that.  But no, I cannot type Gemany.  It either deletes itself or it won't even let me.

I thought eBay was trying to make selling easier so I could list more, not be shut down.

_____

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 9 of 88
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Even though it shouldn’t I am continually astounded how incompetent your CS staff are.  Despite your continued claims of them being well trained they continue to do things that break eBay policy.

I will acknowledge that greedy corporations will always exploit cheap overseas labor to put profit first.

I will also acknowledge that modern customer support is designed to be so irritating that people quit using it.

I will not accept the fact that your CS agents are breaking eBay policy.  With two different returns they have managed to screw me over. 

One they wrongfully escalated for the buyer because the buyer wasn’t willing to go through proper procedure.  In the process the clueless CS agent in question stripped me of my seller protections I am owed.

The other case I had to fight with several agents to get closed since it was after the time frame the buyer had to return the item.  I’m not waiting an additional 30 days after the 17 day return window the buyer was given to get my funds off hold.

Hi @gwzcomps - I'm sorry to hear about your recent interactions that didn't go the way you'd have preferred. I will have these calls reviewed and have appropriate coaching given. 

I'm not able to assist with account specific information, but when it comes to the escalated return I'd strongly suggest contacting CS to review the action that was taken to see if there are any options they have for you to appeal. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 88
latest reply

@mg152 wrote:

Hi Brian,

Thank you and the rest of the ebay staff for thinking of myself and my family. It’s much appreciated. I miss you guys. 😀❤️❤️

Hi @mg152 - of course, it's lovely to hear from you!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 88
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

Concierge Department (gone?)

Hello,

Lots of conflicting info regarding the Concierge Department (CD). 

Is it still in existence but with a different name ‘Premium Services’? 

I had a chat with Conor a few days ago and was told the CD was on ‘hiatus’.

So what is the criteria to be included into this program? Conor told me I was qualified but had to be invited.  

Ages ago, I was on the eBay TRS program with a dedicated phone number that was totally awesome. Well informed CS reps, but that disappeared and I was never transitioned into the CD.

Anyone with any solid info on this?

Thank you, stuff4divas

@stuff4divas It sounds like you were given incorrect information. Concierge is still a service we provide and is not on hiatus. We don't have a list of qualifications to share, but invites are sent to sellers when their accounts to qualify.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 12 of 88
latest reply

Also nice to see eBay is still allowing the continued fee avoidance with the seller I reported.  Still at a solid 80K listings.  Sure would be nice if eBay consistently followed their policies.  I get you can't discuss the actions, but I also have more than a single digit IQ on most days.  Pretty sure if eBay actually did something about this egregious policy violator said listings wouldn't be in the wrong category still.

Message 13 of 88
latest reply

Well again a thanks to all you folks that get to do this chat. 

eBay employees do have a job with this.

Just going to read and see what the mess folks want to know; or complain: is this week

Message 14 of 88
latest reply

Don't know if this is a glitch or what.......but might be worth looking into ...... the Shipping in the offer.........  The seller is from PA, as am I.  I do have a PO Box but PO's  are not excluded according to the shipping page on this item..........Screenshot (129).png

-----

Edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 15 of 88
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: