cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, July 3 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on July 3 for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. No set topic for the week, so feel free to share any general buying and selling questions you have. 

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close it down for additional questions and continue to work on responding to any remaining queries.

If you are new to the chat, welcome! Simply reply to this post with your question after 1 pm and we'll be happy to look into it slight smile

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 56
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Below you will find a recap of our Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team for July 3, 2019. We hope to see you at our next chat!

Shipping Labels

Can eBay implement the option to exclude Pitney Bowes and eBay information from the shipping label? I want to save space so I can print more labels per page.

Though we do not have many customization options available, you should be able to print 1 or 2 labels per page depending on your label and printer settings. If you use USPS, for example, you can click change format and then choose not to Add receipt and instructions to save some space and get 2 labels per page.

Can I email you guys an example of another label printing service for recommendations on how eBay labels can be improved?

Sure!

Best Offer

From what I can tell, my offer history (including Seller Initiated Offers aka SIO) can be found in the Offer History section of my listing only when my listing has "Make An Offer" on it (for buyer initiated offers). Since I don't have "Make an Offer" on all my listings, this means that my Seller Initiated Offer history appears for some (those with Make An Offer), but not for others. It would be nice if eBay provided the SIO history for ALL listings we have made offers on as sellers. Would that be possible?

Currently there is not a way to view SIO history, but we've gotten this suggestion made to the right folks. Hoping to see this as a future enhancement!

Seller Protection

I wanted to follow up on some of the recent questions about the seller protections announced in the spring update regarding protections being applied when there is a history or pattern of buyer abuse.

My questions are:

• Is this tracked by buyer ID alone, or are other factors considered when looking at a buyer's history to establish if there has been a pattern of abuse?
  • How does that get applied to guest account IDs?

Reports that we receive are recorded on the member's account and we are able to identify when an individual has multiple accounts to take the activity across all accounts into consideration. Guest accounts are no different, as the factors that help us identify links between accounts are not reliant upon completing registration.

Since eBay can identify links between accounts and will protect me if a new account belongs to someone that I previously blocked, can eBay apply this technology to my blocked bidder/buyer list and add new accounts to it automatically?

We would never automatically place an account on a seller's block list. Instead, we have consequences for a buyer who is circumventing a seller's blocked bidder/buyer list, and will support a seller who wishes to cancel an order that they have reason to believe came from a previously blocked buyer/bidder. 

Managed Payments

Is PayPal now a payment option through managed payments?

Yes, PayPal is a payment option for buyers through managed payments  

Are shipping labels paid for via PayPal when you are in managed payments?

Sellers in managed payments currently need to use PayPal when paying for shipping labels on eBay. 

Competitor Listings Visible Within My Store

Why are other sellers’ items promoted in my store? I understand showing similar items in the listing itself, but I feel that my store subscription should ensure a place for me to showcase only my items.

This practice benefits our platform overall, as it helps buyers to find the right match for what they are looking for. This is something that is considered industry standard and while other options on eBay may be highlighted for your customers, you can focus on providing providing clear photos, detailed descriptions, a price point that provides the best value, and services such as Free Returns or Free Shipping to maximize your success. From your store you can run promotions to encourage repeat customers and build your brand on our site. 

Summer Seller Update

Does anyone really know if we are going to get a Summer Seller Update? 

We are planning on having a summer Seller Update this year, don’t worry. We we don’t have a date to share at this time so keep an eye out for updates slight_smile

Seller Hub

On the new Manage Orders > Awaiting Shipment page can eBay add a "time paid" sorting button. This would help me avoid accidentally printing the wrong label for something that is paid for while I am working on other orders.

We’re happy to pass along your feedback to the shipping team. Thanks!

eBay Money Back Guarantee

Why do some returns come through as "return requested" while other returns come through as "return approved"? I had 2 remorse returns come through on the same day; one was approved, one was requested, but I can’t figure out why they were treated differently. Both items offered free returns, were remorse returns, required an RMA number, and the package weight and dimensions were in the listing. 

Sounds like there's a potential technical issue at play.  Typically, returns are automatically accepted when:

• An eBay return label is available based on the item's weight, dimensions and the members location 
  • You offer free returns
  • The return was opened inside the stated return policy window 
  • The return is a remorse return and you offer buyer paid remorse returns

Returns with the following conditions will be auto accepted after the initial time period if you do not accept: 

• The request is outside your return policy window, but within eMBG coverage
  • If you require an RMA In this case, the SNAD return is accepted when opened and you have 3 business days to provide the RMA (and an alternate label if you would like). For remorse returns, the return is accepted when it is opened and you are given 1 business day to provide the RMA information.
  • The return was opened with a reason of damaged or missing parts and pieces.

The situation you describe doesn’t seem to be following the outlined criteria, so we will investigate to see what might be going on!

Inaccurate Email Received

I received an email stating an item I had viewed was no longer available, but the item was still on the site and available to purchase. What is going on? 

Happy to look into this further and see what next steps we need to take!

Store Coupon

Is there a reason that eBay stopped sending out the email notice each quarter for the shipping supply coupon?  

We aren’t sure why those emails aren't sent anymore, but we can send this feedback over to the right team for review, no problem.

Customer Service Issue

Customer Service promised to address an account issue of mine back in April but nothing has been done yet. Can you help look into this? 

It looks like a request was submitted to correct your account issue but the tool we use to submit this request was not working properly. Thanks for bringing this to our attention so we could identify the problem, get it resolved, and address this for you specifically!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 56 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! The chat is now open for questions 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 2 of 56
latest reply

lol, does anyone really know if we are going to get a summer Seller Update? 

Message 3 of 56
latest reply

hi brian@ebay - I wanted to follow up on some of the recent questions about the seller protections announced in the spring update regarding protections being applied when there is a history or pattern of buyer abuse.

My questions are:

1: How is eBay tracking the reports to establish that history? Is it done by buyer ID alone or are other factors considered when looking at a buyer's history to establish if there has been a pattern of abuse?

2: How does that get applied to guest account IDs? The nature of guest accounts usually means that specific ID will only have 1 transaction tied to it, so there would not be a possibility of a "history or pattern of abuse" for that ID.

Message 4 of 56
latest reply

Can ebay implement an opt out eliminating all the extra that prints out on a shipping label. I don't need cutting lines or the Ebay info, plus Pitney Bowes gibberish. It's not pertinent to the label and postage. All it does is waste a great deal of ink. Ebay should have the ability for the seller to simply print the label with nothing outside of it.

Thank you.
Message 5 of 56
latest reply

Hello Brian,

New to this but no seeing anyone in here.

Message 6 of 56
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Hi @dhbookds, we are planning on having a summer Seller Update this year, though we do not have a date to share at this time. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 56
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

So many in a hurry.  Summer just started June 21st.  Don't rush my world!!!  Smiley LOL

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 56
latest reply

@kathy5862 wrote:

Hello Brian,

New to this but no seeing anyone in here.

Hi @kathy5862! We're here, I promise! Feel free to ask us a question if you have one Smiley Happy

Brian,
Community Team
Message 9 of 56
latest reply

@sodelight wrote:
Can ebay implement an opt out eliminating all the extra that prints out on a shipping label. I don't need cutting lines or the Ebay info, plus Pitney Bowes gibberish. It's not pertinent to the label and postage. All it does is waste a great deal of ink. Ebay should have the ability for the seller to simply print the label with nothing outside of it.

Thank you.

Hi @sodelight - there's not much option to customize the shipping label page that generates I'm afraid. You can print 1 or 2 labels per page depending on your label and printer settings. If you use USPS for example, you should be able to click 'change format' and then choose not to 'Add receipt and instructions'. That should get you to 2 labels per page. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 56
latest reply

I have a suggestion regarding the Ebay supply coupon offered to store owners with a Basic and above.

Since the day Ebay started this program, which I like VERY much, the prices of the supplies have increased significantly but our coupons remain the same.  The buying power has dramatically changed.

Not only have prices gone up significantly the quantities in which you can purchase have changed.  We use to be able to purchase smaller quantities on many of the products offered but now the minimum is 100 on all the envelopes.

I humbly suggest that Ebay give us an increase in the value of our coupons.  In the Summer Seller Update would be awesome.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 56
latest reply

I asked about this before, but will try again: From what I can tell, my offer history (including SIO, Seller Initiated Offers) can be found in the Offer History section of my listing. HOWEVER, this only seems to be the case IF my listing has "Make An Offer" on it (for buyer initiated offers). Since I don't have "Make an Offer" on all my listings, this means that my Seller Initiated Offer history appears for some (those with Make An Offer) but not for others.

Just want to suggest that it would be nice if eBay provided the SIO history for ALL listings we have made offers on as sellers. Would that be possible?

Message 12 of 56
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
I asked about this before, but will try again: From what I can tell, my offer history (including SIO, Seller Initiated Offers) can be found in the Offer History section of my listing. HOWEVER, this only seems to be the case IF my listing has "Make An Offer" on it (for buyer initiated offers). Since I don't have "Make an Offer" on all my listings, this means that my Seller Initiated Offer history appears for some (those with Make An Offer) but not for others.

Just want to suggest that it would be nice if eBay provided the SIO history for ALL listings we have made offers on as sellers. Would that be possible?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I agree that it would be really helpful. Currently there is not a way to view SIO history, but we've gotten this suggestion made to the right folks. Hoping to see this as a future enhancement!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 56
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@sodelight wrote:

Thank you.

Hi @sodelight - there's not much option to customize the shipping label page that generates I'm afraid. You can print 1 or 2 labels per page depending on your label and printer settings. If you use USPS for example, you should be able to click 'change format' and then choose not to 'Add receipt and instructions'. That should get you to 2 labels per page. 🙂

Yes, I already know that. It's not what I'm referring to. Ebay generates other verbage that prints to the top and bottom outside of the label itself and a cutting line well beneath it. I don't need that info, it only ends up costing me money by wasting ink. I'm not understanding why ebay feels the need to add superfluous info to one's shipping label page.

Message 14 of 56
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@sodelight wrote:

Thank you.

Actually I think that is the actual answer right there: when you check the option to suppress the additional instructions and shipping record info from the Shipping label to be printed, you do in fact end up with nothing but the label itself. (Okay, it does still print the cut line next to the label, but nothing beyond that point, which appears to be what the OP is asking for.)

EDIT: Okay, I see you posted a followup at the same time as I did, but I do believe that blanking out the packing instructions and other blather on the other half opposite the label itself is the best you're going to do. The amount of extra ink wasted to print that rather unnecessary cut line is infinitesimal.

Message 15 of 56
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: