cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, January 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Community Chat, January 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thank you but never mind. I figured it out. Closed out entirely and re-entered then. That fixed it.

Message 46 of 68
latest reply

Like others have noticed, under the sales reports, the numbers on the graphs and download report don’t equal each other. I called eBay and spoke with a rep. He too saw my exact concern, and said he was going to escalate to someone higher. He said I should expect a call back. This was on two weeks ago.    I’m still waiting for someone to call. I too have realized that the graph is NOT generated from the download report. But where are the other deductions/additions coming from? Can someone PLEASE point out to me how I can reconcile these numbers? Your customers, the sellers, should not have to go thru all of these hoops just to reconcile our sales reports. In my opinion, it should be in one clear concise spreadsheet. It’s VERY disheartening when one cannot get answers or even a call back, to explain this misinformation.  I am actually hoping my call back message got misplaced!

-----

edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 47 of 68
latest reply

Thanks for your input. I am aware of how scan forms work  I am all for the use of scan forms them, BTW. The reason I brought it up was to ask if EBay was aware that this issue was so wide spread and they answered me.

Message 48 of 68
latest reply

@mooovin wrote:

When it comes to Item Specifics, I try to fill in all that are applicable (even adding some that are not indicated).  However, many of my items on the listing page still indicate needed info. I've gone back to check which ones were lacking. It's kinda hard to tell sometimes. Is it possible eBay could HIGHLIGHT the needed info? I remember Harry T saying NOT to enter NA in an empty field. But I am wondering how that does not push me DOWN in search over someone who has filled a field in with NA. Thanks...

Hi @mooovin - I think highlighting fields that were missing would be really helpful, I'll get it suggested. 

When it comes to how much something impacts your item in search results I don't have any information I can provide. I've always been told if you have the info, include it, and if you don't leave it be. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 49 of 68
latest reply

Good question, I was on the phone with MP and after an hour she gave up, ebay doe's not even know the answer

Message 50 of 68
latest reply

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

why was a buyer allowed to open an inr case before the delivery window opened and deman a refund before that window closed?

and why was he then able to open another case through paypal for the same reason?

and why was a hold placed for both cases?

@forgottenape - While I can't look into the specific cases here, I can provide general information for your questions.

There are a few reasons a buyer may be able to open a case before the estimated delivery date has passed. If you'd like to know the specific reason this case was opened, you may want to contact customer service.

eBay and PayPal's protection programs are separate, so it is possible for a member to open a case on both sites, however, if they opened a case on eBay first and then open a case on PayPal, the eBay case should close, as a buyer can't have two open cases with both sites.

I can only speak to eBay's process and we do put funds on hold when a case is opened to make the funds available if a refund is needed. Once the case is closed the funds are returned if they are not refunded. 

The top take away for this is if you need more information on your next steps, getting in touch with customer service would be your best bet. 

brittanie@ebay   Well?  Do you mind telling us "WHAT" those "few reasons are" so we don't all have to request a Call back from Home Office for the answer?  No offense but you can't just put something like that out there without the answers ... INRs are a real hassle right now for MANY Sellers and friends told me eBay STOPPED the protections on 1/15/21 from the Dec 8 Announcement about late deliveries ...

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 51 of 68
latest reply

I am a retired Postmaster of 33 years and have not heard of this nor have experienced it in my area.  Not saying you are incorrect, but just adding to your post. If you are having problems getting your items scanned I would highly suggest you contact your local Mgr or PM. If that fails, go up the food chain including writing your Congressperson.

Message 52 of 68
latest reply

I have actually had really good luck with the whole MP system. Its the reporting that makes absolutely no sense. Depending on which sheet your looking at I have my numbers off by .03c up to $45.00. And the layout is insane. But they are trying!

Message 53 of 68
latest reply

good luck, been asking that since Oct. their numbers do not match their own numbers, even MP couldn't figure it out, I see alot of audits come mid summer by IRS

Message 54 of 68
latest reply

@bigw1231 wrote:

I have been waiting for a call back from the managed payments team for two weeks. What should I do now?

@bigw1231 - I'm sorry that you haven't heard back when expected. I know this is not ideal, but the best option is to go through the help page and request a new call back. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 55 of 68
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining the chat this week - it's now closed from replies and new questions but we will continue to go through and ensure that questions are addressed. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 56 of 68
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Good afternoon eBay Support Team!

Subject:  Seller notes on the Listing form

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the "Add notes" function on the listing form instead of being available AFTER an item is listed live and available for sale?  I use the notes to assign an item's sourcing info so when it sells I can tell which master lot it came from for inventory and accounting purposes.  Presently, I have to ADD the notes AFTER I have listed the item for sale.

Last year I played around with this feature in the Draft's file and if memory serves I could Add the notes there but when I listed the items the notes did NOT show up on the active listing.  But NOT every listing is sent to the Draft file so per the request above, it would be nice to have it as a window to complete on the Listing form ... "Seller notes"

Additionally, when I select Sell Similar the notes I added to the original item do NOT go along with the newly created item.  It would be nice if the notes stayed with the item during the Sell Similar process.

Screenshot (2436).png

@mr_lincoln - Thanks for the feedback on this feature. I'll pass it along to the correct team for review.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 57 of 68
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

tyler@ebay  I saw the announcement about the chat for eBay CA being canceled. I know you are busy with tons of projects, but have you gotten anywhere with the overcharging of taxes on batteries issue?

If the teams involved are still not responsive, what is the next step? It has been 5 weeks. 

It's very clear an error was made on eBay's part.  There were additional taxes added that should not have been.  That cost buyers money and since both Managed Payments and PayPal calculate fees including sales tax, it cost sellers money too.

Most of us understand things happen, especially when rolling out updates that involve multiple departments.  The important thing is how mistakes are handled and so far eBay is failing miserably on this one. 😞

Hi @valueaddedresource - I don't have an update on this, but I really appreciate your dedication to this because it helps me keep knocking on the tax team's door.

As to next steps/process, I don't have a pathway for you at this point. 

blanche laughter.JPG

Tyler,
eBay
Message 58 of 68
latest reply

@motherhen2 wrote:

Is there a reason I keep getting kicked into Log In every time I try to get into my Activity Selling section?

@motherhen2 - I'm so glad to hear it's working for you again!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 59 of 68
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Recently, we were asked what sort of videos we'd like from ebay. Here's one: A new listing tool has just been announced, and as usual it will be rolled out gradually. It would really be nice if we could ALL see an actual preview of this NOW...a short tutorial video would be helpful. In fact, anytime ebay announces something new like this, a tutorial should be included in the announcement. Please pass this on to the appropriate team.

Thanks @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I think that's a brilliant idea. I know that Harry's team has been really responsive when it comes to new tools and projects (he even posted to the board about a few things the other week!). I'm not sure if a demo video exists but I'll get the request in!

tyler@ebay   Will we be able to stay with the tool we currently use?  Not all the enhancements work for all categories ...

Hi @mr_lincoln - my understanding is that all forms will be available initially, but eventually the newly announced one will be the only one. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 60 of 68
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: