cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, January 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

and if they are missed due to holiday rush and Covid19 it should be eligible to have late shipment defetcs removed by the Seller help tool and people are reporting that defect removal is usually denied.

-----

edit: a reply to your comment can be found here

Message 16 of 68
latest reply

Thanks. I really do think it would help to cut down on seller anxiety and questions. 

Message 17 of 68
latest reply

@gerrya0515 wrote:

I have had a problem since 12/12/20 attempting to replace a debit card account ending in ….1794 which was closed due to a fraud alert. When I enter the closed account # as required by EBay, I receive a message that something is wrong and to reenter the account number which I have done numerous times. My guess is that since the account has been closed and the account number is no longer valid eBay cannot confirm the account number.
I have sent a letter requesting the change in the account # via email, certified, and two FedEx deliveries with no response.
I simply want to use the bank account ending in ….6792 for payouts which ebay currently uses to pay eBay fees.

Suggestions appreciated.

@gerrya0515 - I'm sorry to hear that happened! I would highly recommend contacting managed payments directly by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page for help with this, as they can look into helping resolve the issue verifying the new account. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 18 of 68
latest reply

When it comes to Item Specifics, I try to fill in all that are applicable (even adding some that are not indicated).  However, many of my items on the listing page still indicate needed info. I've gone back to check which ones were lacking. It's kinda hard to tell sometimes. Is it possible eBay could HIGHLIGHT the needed info? I remember Harry T saying NOT to enter NA in an empty field. But I am wondering how that does not push me DOWN in search over someone who has filled a field in with NA. Thanks...

-----

edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 19 of 68
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

Hello, hope everyone has been well!

Coin sellers received an email that coins, paper money, and bullion could be listed on 1/25 for those already in managed payments. Unfortunately someone forgot to release fees for sellers with stores.

I don't know my start date for MP but would like very much to have some ability to plan my business around a new potential fee structure. Can you guys please get us help with this?

Hi @coinslabz26 - the payments team posted about that email earlier today (link here), which was a surprise to me too. It seems that the addition of coins is going to be a phased roll out. That is to say, I think you have some time before that registration email hits your inbox. 

I've gotten it confirmed from the payments team in the past that you should expect to see the fee schedule update once the categories begin to get added. So at this point I think you should expect to see something on the Help Pages by the 1st. 

However - if that's not the case give me a tag and I'll get it sent up the chain and request more info. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 68
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

I am sure you will hear more about this because they simply are not scanning all the packages. There are new posts about this every day.

This is not a new issue, it's been that way for years. Some carriers may have been indulging customers in the past, but if you have packages for your carrier to pick up, you should be printing a scan form to be scanned. If the carrier isn't scanning your scan form, then you need to talk with the carrier supervisor and or postmaster.

You can print a scan form when you print labels in bulk.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 21 of 68
latest reply

@forgottenape wrote:

why was a buyer allowed to open an inr case before the delivery window opened and deman a refund before that window closed?

and why was he then able to open another case through paypal for the same reason?

and why was a hold placed for both cases?

WOW this is a scam that needs delt with...

Were they refunded on eBay??

Did you enter the tracking on PP??

Message 22 of 68
latest reply

tyler@ebay  I saw the announcement about the chat for eBay CA being canceled. I know you are busy with tons of projects, but have you gotten anywhere with the overcharging of taxes on batteries issue?

If the teams involved are still not responsive, what is the next step? It has been 5 weeks. 

It's very clear an error was made on eBay's part.  There were additional taxes added that should not have been.  That cost buyers money and since both Managed Payments and PayPal calculate fees including sales tax, it cost sellers money too.

Most of us understand things happen, especially when rolling out updates that involve multiple departments.  The important thing is how mistakes are handled and so far eBay is failing miserably on this one. 😞

------

Message 23 of 68
latest reply

Good afternoon eBay Support Team!

Subject:  Seller notes on the Listing form

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the "Add notes" function on the listing form instead of being available AFTER an item is listed live and available for sale?  I use the notes to assign an item's sourcing info so when it sells I can tell which master lot it came from for inventory and accounting purposes.  Presently, I have to ADD the notes AFTER I have listed the item for sale.

Last year I played around with this feature in the Draft's file and if memory serves I could Add the notes there but when I listed the items the notes did NOT show up on the active listing.  But NOT every listing is sent to the Draft file so per the request above, it would be nice to have it as a window to complete on the Listing form ... "Seller notes"

Additionally, when I select Sell Similar the notes I added to the original item do NOT go along with the newly created item.  It would be nice if the notes stayed with the item during the Sell Similar process.

Screenshot (2436).png

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 24 of 68
latest reply

Hi,

Quick question on the sales report under performance.

The sales info box says 'Returns and cancelled transactions are reflected'.  I read this to mean that they are deducted from gross transactions.  Since I did not have recent cancellations,  I could not verify this.  Am I reading it correctly?

Also - if a sales is in one month, and returned in the next, where will the return be deducted if I run monthly sales reports?

thanks!

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 25 of 68
latest reply

@bigw1231 wrote:

I have been waiting for a call back from the managed payments team for two weeks. What should I do now?

If you are using a phone that is not a land line; ( cell phone): you may have such calls blocked with spam filters.

Just saying

Message 26 of 68
latest reply

This acceptance scan issue is much bigger than one post office. That is why I raised the issue here on behalf of all the sellers all over the country affected by this. Ebay should not be punishing sellers for USPS shortcomings. That is what I am concerned about.

I am glad to hear that the problem hasn't affected you.

Message 27 of 68
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Recently, we were asked what sort of videos we'd like from ebay. Here's one: A new listing tool has just been announced, and as usual it will be rolled out gradually. It would really be nice if we could ALL see an actual preview of this NOW...a short tutorial video would be helpful. In fact, anytime ebay announces something new like this, a tutorial should be included in the announcement. Please pass this on to the appropriate team.

Thanks @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I think that's a brilliant idea. I know that Harry's team has been really responsive when it comes to new tools and projects (he even posted to the board about a few things the other week!). I'm not sure if a demo video exists but I'll get the request in!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 28 of 68
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Good afternoon eBay Support Team!

Subject:  Seller notes on the Listing form

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the "Add notes" function on the listing form instead of being available AFTER an item is listed live and available for sale? 

@mr_lincoln 

You mean "in addition to" not "instead of" right? 😊

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 29 of 68
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Recently, we were asked what sort of videos we'd like from ebay. Here's one: A new listing tool has just been announced, and as usual it will be rolled out gradually. It would really be nice if we could ALL see an actual preview of this NOW...a short tutorial video would be helpful. In fact, anytime ebay announces something new like this, a tutorial should be included in the announcement. Please pass this on to the appropriate team.

Thanks @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I think that's a brilliant idea. I know that Harry's team has been really responsive when it comes to new tools and projects (he even posted to the board about a few things the other week!). I'm not sure if a demo video exists but I'll get the request in!

tyler@ebay   Will we be able to stay with the tool we currently use?  Not all the enhancements work for all categories ...

-----

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 30 of 68
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: