cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Jan 16 from 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Join us today for our weekly Chat with the Community Team. We will be discussing general topics from 1 to 2 pm Pacific on Jan. 16th. Looking forward to hearing your eBay buying or selling questions slight_smile

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Community Chat, Jan 16 from 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

@beardedbovine wrote:

Hi Trinton, I would appreciate it if you could take some time to revisit this thread and address some of the questions that were posed. Thank you.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sellers-Beware-of-New-quot-Handy-Assembly-Charge-quot-Feature/...

Can do, @beardedbovine!

Message 61 of 76
latest reply

Guranteed Delivery

We are setup for handling time only.

Sold a item and usps estimated delivery is the 19th. It was bought on the 6th (Sunday)Shipped on the 7th (Monday).

On January 11th I get a request about "Where is my package" from the buyer. Their reasoning was I guranteed delivery by the 11th. Not a person here will Guarantee ANY delivery to any buyer.

We show nothing from Ebay or the buyer previous to purchase or at purchase about a guarantee on delivery. BUT we do offer "Paid" priority shipping by the buyer on most items which this buyer picked free shipping.

Whose responsible for this and the bad feedback we will get from this buyer?

Message 62 of 76
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mendelsons wrote:
@mendelsons wrote:
Why is it that I still have to give guidance to buyers on how to determine the shipping cost for multiple items ?

Could it be there is a problem with the shipping calculator ? According to eBay - thats a big fat no but according to new buyers it seems to be a general misunderstanding on how to determine the shipping cost for multiple items of the same item. So if we have 20 in one particular listing and the buyer wants 10 of them the buyer sees a shipping cost for one shipping option only even though we offer 4 shipping options. The one option they are seeing is the lowest cost one and its usually 1st class mail but when they add 10 to the bag they are seeing the 1st class rate multiplied by 10 even though Priority Mail or UPS Ground is much cheaper.

I get this question several times a week and I'm glad I get it to tell the buyer however how many buyers arent asking this simple question that makes the functionality of the website seem to complexed? How many missed sales or eBay fees are we missing out on because the buyer cannot seem to operate your shipping calculator.
If you are seeing high rate of abandoned carts well this is one of your reasons.

Hi @mendelsons, I will be happy to look into this further for potential improvements to the buyer experience if I can get some examples from you. Would you be able to share some item numbers here? If you would prefer I will email you directly to get this information and test out the experience on my end, no problem.

Item numbers

Just a few examples and I can get your more examples but change the quantity to like 10 see what the rates do. For some reason most of the buyers asking are only seeing one option for shipping cost and Im not sure if its a mobile thing or pc checkout but there is certainly a problem

Hi @mendelsons, thank you so much! I will take a look at this and reach out to you via email if I need anything else.

Message 63 of 76
latest reply

@forgottenape wrote:

can you please add solid as a pattern for mens pants? its on everything except mens pants. also why do you have fabric content and also exact fabric content in item specifics? you add and substract things on item specifics so often in clothing it hurts my head

Hi @forgottenape! I can send over your suggestions to the right team. I'm not sure about the fabric item specifics, but I'll have the team look at that too. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 64 of 76
latest reply

Hi Trinton, always appreciate your replies on the boards!

My question relates to the Guaranteed Delivery program.   I thought this would be a great advantage for my business, so in December I changed most of my listings to include ALL of the items shown in the Policy guidance for GD.  So on the ones offering Free Shipping, I also added a 1-day expedited option and always have had, and met, a 1-day handling time.  That said, late last year when I looked at my listings with my posting account, NONE of my listing qualified for the GD program.  Huh?  Shipping to the same zip code and eBay isn'y willing to put the item in GD?

How does this worK? What needs to be added?

Message 65 of 76
latest reply

@selecttech wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@selecttech wrote:

Hi all

Heres a small general question for a planned upcoming vacation. Anyway to delay the two day return policy when we are on a vacation for five days? The store will be on hold but Im just trying to avoid cases and issues for buyers. 

Thanks 

Hi @selecttech - happy upcoming vacation!

Can you get me a bit more clarification on what you mean when you say 'two day return policy'? Are you referring to the time to issue a refund on returned items?

You can definitely alter your return policy for the duration of time while you are gone, but that would only impact items sold during that time.

Yeah my question pertains to the 2 day refund period for incoming returns. 

Thanks for the clarification @selecttech! You're able to set up auto-refunds for returns while you're gone. 

Personally, depending on the average number of returns you experience, it may be better to handle them manually if you're able to (if you have reception, etc). If you typically field a lot of them though, automation may be the best route to go. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 66 of 76
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

can you please add solid as a pattern for mens pants? its on everything except mens pants. also why do you have fabric content and also exact fabric content in item specifics? you add and substract things on item specifics so often in clothing it hurts my head

Hi @forgottenape! I can send over your suggestions to the right team. I'm not sure about the fabric item specifics, but I'll have the team look at that too. Thanks!

It's probably because some of the fabric content choices in clothing categories are blends like Cotton Blend or Wool Blend.

Exact Fabric Content is available if you want to expand on that like 98% Cotton, 2% Spandex, but it's not a required specific... you can leave it blank and put the info in the description if it's easier.

Message 67 of 76
latest reply

@goldguy22k wrote:

Hi Trinton, always appreciate your replies on the boards!

My question relates to the Guaranteed Delivery program.   I thought this would be a great advantage for my business, so in December I changed most of my listings to include ALL of the items shown in the Policy guidance for GD.  So on the ones offering Free Shipping, I also added a 1-day expedited option and always have had, and met, a 1-day handling time.  That said, late last year when I looked at my listings with my posting account, NONE of my listing qualified for the GD program.  Huh?  Shipping to the same zip code and eBay isn'y willing to put the item in GD?

How does this worK? What needs to be added?

Hi @goldguy22k - that seems unusual, to be certain. I'll reach out to you for more information and detail so I can do some digging. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 68 of 76
latest reply

Last second tag onto the post about promoted listings.  I had three items in a bulk relist today that were check for promoted listings and I forgot to uncheck.  it created a promotion in my promotions for those three listings.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 69 of 76
latest reply

@automotivepartsrecyclrs wrote:

Guranteed Delivery

We are setup for handling time only.

Sold a item and usps estimated delivery is the 19th. It was bought on the 6th (Sunday)Shipped on the 7th (Monday).

On January 11th I get a request about "Where is my package" from the buyer. Their reasoning was I guranteed delivery by the 11th. Not a person here will Guarantee ANY delivery to any buyer.

We show nothing from Ebay or the buyer previous to purchase or at purchase about a guarantee on delivery. BUT we do offer "Paid" priority shipping by the buyer on most items which this buyer picked free shipping.

Whose responsible for this and the bad feedback we will get from this buyer?

Hi @automotivepartsrecyclrs, it sounds like the buyer may have seen a guaranteed delivery date for the priority shipping option but didn't realize they needed to choose priority to receive it by the stated date. I can't know for sure without reviewing the item and transaction. I'll send you an email to get more details and review this further. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 70 of 76
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@golf-usga wrote:

Last week I had a question that I do not think got a clear answer:

If I have 1 day handling and an item sells today, I am expected to ship it by midnight tommorow.  1 business day.

The expected delivery date is xx/xx/2019  depending on shipping service.

If I ship the item today (basically a day earlier than expected)  When is the expected delivery date.. Does it change because I ship a day early or do I get the benefit of shipping it early?

In other words is it a set expected delivery date when the buyer purchases or does it change when the seller ships.  And to further clarify, if the seller ships late, does the expected delivery date change? 

Thank you.

Hi @golf-usga, the expected delivery date that is recorded on your account for seller performance metrics would not change for this one transaction if the item was shipped earlier than expected. The date shown to your buyer can change while the item is on its way to them as more information comes in; if shipped a day early, the estimated delivery date may be a day earlier for them or it could remain the same, depending on what happens to the item in transit. You would only be held accountable to the original estimated delivery date that we have on file.

While shipping early may offer you a benefit in one-off situations, the estimated delivery date does take into account historical shipping data and continued early shipments may simply result in a change to the estimate provided to your buyers. We look to your handling time and information provided by the courier, but will make adjustments if we find that items are arriving "late" or "early" consistently. I would say that this is a good practice to be in if you have any reason to be concerned with delays, if the buyer specifically called out needing it soon or for other unique situations. 

Message 71 of 76
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining this week, the chat is now closed. 

We'll stick around to make sure everyone gets their question addressed, so if you haven't seen something come through yet hang tight!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 72 of 76
latest reply

Hi @beardedbovine, when you click on the main chat link at the board level, it should take you to the first unread response, so basically the first response in the chat thread you haven't seen.

Each response in a post has a number which corresponds to a unique URL for that post.

To start from the beginning, you can go here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-Jan-16-from-1-00-pm-PT-Gene...

Hope this answers your question.

@beardedbovine wrote:

Every time I click on this chat thread to read any updates it defaults to this post:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-Jan-16-from-1-00-pm-PT-Gene...

Is that because the title was changed or is the system not recognizing previously read messages? doug@ebay

Message 73 of 76
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Good afternoon Team:

New Label Printing Page - Not Good

Imagine my surprise when I got the following error message when I went to print a label today …

Something went wrong.jpg

I was hopeful that the new label printing page had finally been shut down … but alas, it opened again on the next label I printed. The new page really has to be canned or give Sellers the option to opt OUT of it so it does not even show up. When this first came out the old page stopped working and the new page worked (and still does) horribly. In order to print labels I have to log in to PayPal because the handshake between eBay and PayPal fails every time. I did NOT have to do that with the old page so the issue is not here.

Seriously, programming is supposed to help folks do more tasks quicker, the new label page is going backwards taking LONGER to print a label. It:

1. Requires more scrolling
  2. Has a slower refresh rate
  3. Does NOT bring up other shipping choices in the same order each time
  4. The 3 item quick list of shipping options NEVER has the other shipping choices I use, ONLY the one selected by the Buyer and then 2 other random choices (that I never use)
  5. Does NOT show the Seller’s shipping cost, only the amount paid after their savings and a silly, light colored, fine print statement about how much they saved … I want to see the counter rate then the discounted rate LIKE the old format.

Folks, this thing is really bad and has been tolerated for quite some time … please get rid of it … 

Hi @mr_lincoln, would be able to elaborate for me on what happens when you attempt to pay for a label and you are not already signed into PayPal? Do you see an error message or are you directed to the PayPal login page? Any step by step details or screenshots you could provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance slight_smile

Message 74 of 76
latest reply

@forgottenape wrote:

Hi @forgottenape! Solid is now available as an Item Specific for Men's Pants. This change occurred because of your feedback. Thank you! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 75 of 76
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: