Watches, Clocks and Timepieces
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

1886 Elgin 14K ???? 11 jewels Pocket Watch

Is this real 14K or gold filled, It has E.W. Schurman Garranted Carat Fine, it looks like the carat symbol is wore off in the middle, i tested with acid, but didn't want to destory case, S/n on case is 24271, S/N on watch is 1879074 1886, 6s, 11 jewe...

User avatar by Scout
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

How would I find a value for this watch?

I bought the watch shown below from a pawn shop. The case was badly scratched, and the (non-original) band was two sizes too small. However, the crystal and dial are perfect and the movement works perfectly. I've polished the scratches from the case ...

13.jpg

Is this Tissot fake?

I bought a tissot from this seller, and it seems real. The T is engraved, no mis-spellings, the back of the watch is exactly as appears on tissots website, its weighty, feels sturdy, and the seller seems super reputable and even has retail stores but...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

E Bay losing all

As a former seller and fiture seller? as well as a buyer E -bay has lost the ideal of selling and buying asa way to trade a long timeNow in 2018 it seems worse than ever/Feedback a joke100% fb tp sellers of fantasy Frankens can fairly sell what they ...

eBay won't refund my money

I purchased a car through eBay on Feb. 16 and have not received it. I was told in a confirmation email that the vehicle would be delivered on Feb. 23. On Feb. 27th, eBay payments department emailed me asking for more money to cover shipping insurance...

Watch logo

I am newer to this and am trying to learn the signatures, logos, etc for watches. I came across a pretty looking one that has R2 ( like r squared) then below r2-014 Japan movement. No name on the face. Anyone have any clues? All the star wars results...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Dating a Bulova Ladies Watch

Ok - I thought I did my homework and googled this. I see there are letters that are used to date the watch. However, the watch I have - a vintage Bulova ladies 14K gold filled watch - has a serial number starting with F. F is not on any of the lists?...

Auction cancellation for the use of the word tank

I used the word "tank" to describe the form of a Waltham wristwatch and ebay cancelled the auction (200011892262 - Classic Lord Elgin Curved Back Tank 21Jewels 1930's) saying it was an infringement on the use of the word tank since Cartier owns the w...

What is this Soldiers Watch 17 Jewel Heavy Glass Ball??

Hello, I purchased at an Estate Sale a small pocket watch - clock - maybe to hang in a glass case? It is about the size of a cue ball and is marked on the face Soldiers Watch Swiss Made 781 - very fancy colorful face - the case appears to be brass - ...

Is this a a real Movado?

I've never seen anything like it but it keeps perfect time and it is still running after 20 years on the original battery. no serial numbered just Movado etched on the wristband!!!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors