cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coin collection book for kids

Does this book has value if i complete collecting all the coins in the slots? It has also 50 state quarters...

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Coin collection book for kids

Cute book to encourage youngsters to enjoy numismatics! Yes...should the book get filled with the coins I see pictured, it will indeed have a cumulative value of all the coins placed in the book. The State Quarters are pretty much worth only .25,  but pre 1964 quarters will have a greater intrinsic value because of the silver content. Kennedy halves have silver too from 1964 (.36169 oz. pure silver) to silver clad 1965-1970 (.1479 oz. pure silver). Franklin Halves are 90% silver as are Liberty Walking Halves. Earlier halves and quarters have silver and some may have a bit (or a lot) of rarity that will certainly add to its value. Same thing for early cents (Large, flying eagle and Indians). Common PEACE dollars can go for $18-$20. ---- SO the answer to your question is YES.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I should have said "pre 1965 quarters"......oops.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

the coins in the book have value, and there is value in the knowledge and enjoyment...

the book itself? no value... it's just some wood pulp and pigment...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Well said Smedley. I totally overlooked that aspect. - "My Bad".
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

i thought your answer was great... i just went a slightly different direction...

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

hi marico42, it does have some value. below is link to ebay sold prices for your book. prices vary. to read ones that match yours, some with higher pricing do not include the quarters... hope this helps 🙂
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=COIN+COLLECTING+BOOK+FOR+KIDS&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=...
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

the ones selling are new or barely used... OP's is obviously used and worn...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply